So I Just Finished The Sopranos | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So I Just Finished The Sopranos

He definitely does.

But he also is an artist that doesn’t miss a detail, everything is by design, and every single morsel of the show has meaning.

The clues to the answers are all there.
Works both ways.

Works both ways.
I know all the clues about why he’s dead. (Which I could go through but I’ll assume you know them as well.).

What are the clues that he’s alive.

Loved Sopranos but if you want another show this involves mob/mafia where expect the unexpected and keeps you wondering what will actually happen is Gomorrah. They are working on season 5 now, season 4 was just put on HBO Max today. They are working in a movie as well. This series is well worth binging. Also do yourself a favor and watch with subtitles and not the dubbed versions. Check it out.

I know all the clues about why he’s dead. (Which I could go through but I’ll assume you know them as well.).

What are the clues that he’s alive.
Aside from the fact you don’t see (or hear) him get killed? It’s more meta.

Series finales are difficult to execute (no pun intended) successfully. I don’t remember all of the dialogue, but there’s an exchange between Tony and AJ that essentially translates to, “This show isn’t about the ending. Just remember the good times.” You know, what made the series great.

Then there’s the choice of song. Look at the lyrics. “Oh, the movie never ends. It goes on and on, and on, and on.” And what do you hear right before the cut to black? “Don’t stop.” Don’t end the show (but they had to).

To take it a step further, everything Bobby and the other characters said about dying can still work within the context of the finale... only we’re the ones getting whacked.

the thing that always got me is that even though Bobby says “you never see it coming” if Tonybdies at the end shouldn’t you see it from his pint of view?

Aside from the fact you don’t see (or hear) him get killed? It’s more meta.

Series finales are difficult to execute (no pun intended) successfully. I don’t remember all of the dialogue, but there’s an exchange between Tony and AJ that essentially translates to, “This show isn’t about the ending. Just remember the good times.” You know, what made the series great.

Then there’s the choice of song. Look at the lyrics. “Oh, the movie never ends. It goes on and on, and on, and on.” And what do you hear right before the cut to black? “Don’t stop.” Don’t end the show (but they had to).

To take it a step further, everything Bobby and the other characters said about dying can still work within the context of the finale... only we’re the ones getting whacked.

Would the fact that Tony could’ve/should’ve died several other times in the show and didn’t be considered a clue?

Would the fact that Tony could’ve/should’ve died several other times in the show and didn’t be considered a clue?
A clue that he lives or dies?

I took the ending to let us feel Tony's paranoia at the idea that he'll never see it coming--except that he ALWAYS sees it coming--causing him to live in an eternal state of dread.

502CD1D0-EB8C-49D3-93C2-527ACACB8171.jpeg

And now the rest of television is ruined forever. I don’t think I’ve watched a show that comes close to the masterpiece I just watched.

(Yes I’m aware I’m 15 years late but I wasn’t even in preschool when it started and never thought to watch until HBO Max)
take Boardwalk Empire for stroll.

It is funny. My wife had never watched Peaky Blinders and recently just started. She was mad at me for not telling her about it sooner. LOL

Don't watch the episode that flashes back to when Jimmy's mom visits him at college.

Just don't.
Her actions are objectively abhorrent

BUT

she’s so hot

I've mentioned it before but watch Gomorrah I think it's right up there with Sopranos.

My wife and I have been slowly getting through Soprano’s. We’ll watch it for a few weeks, then leave it for a bit and come back.

It’s good, but we’ve both had the sense that it’s a show you needed to watch in the moment. There’s a noticeable dip in the production value vs good shows now, which is understandable.

Spoiler: the first attempted murder of Tony was laughably choreographed/executed.

"So I just finished the Sopranos"- What is something I wish I was able to say in college.

You know what I'm talking about, tptcuse

My wife and I have been slowly getting through Soprano’s. We’ll watch it for a few weeks, then leave it for a bit and come back.

It’s good, but we’ve both had the sense that it’s a show you needed to watch in the moment. There’s a noticeable dip in the production value vs good shows now, which is understandable.

Spoiler: the first attempted murder of Tony was laughably choreographed/executed.
I rewatch the show often and I never feel like it is dated. How action sequences are choreographed is of little consequence to me so it might be a blind spot. To me, the appeal of the show is the human drama and character development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom