So I'm confused... Are we still worried about HCDB bailing next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So I'm confused... Are we still worried about HCDB bailing next year

Baylor is not coming after Dino, other former coaches are doing much better then him. Hell Baylor might keep Grobe for a few years until the stink blows off.

supp said:
Yes, that's my concern. If he comes to the conclusion that he can't win consistently here, he could be gone with the first 6-6 season. Of course that will only further deflate whatever fan and administrative support there is for football for the next coach.

I'm not sure we totally get why he came here. But Briles at Baylor is the key along with a hefty case of indoor Dome/ perfect conditions.

I think he likes the idea of building up from the bottom.

TheCusian said:
I'm not sure we totally get why he came here. But Briles at Baylor is the key along with a hefty case of indoor Dome/ perfect conditions. I think he likes the idea of building up from the bottom.

If Baylor really wanted to get that band back together they'd take Montgomery at Tulsa. He's been a head coach and still recruiting in Texas. Dino is on his 5th year in a location nowhere near the state.

What i worry about more is dino, after a year, realizing this job is more of an uphill battle that first anticipated. Thats why i really worry about pathetic attendance. No excuse for <40k this past friday. We got 40k+ for big friday games against wvu and the ville in Doug's tenure. Again, word is, baylor might be coming hard next year.

The excuse the fans do have is that whenever there is a sense of optimism, something like 21 points in four minutes happens and WHAM.

We're had one strong season since 2001. Tough. That said, I was surprised how empty the Dome looked on TV.

I'm not sure we totally get why he came here. But Briles at Baylor is the key along with a hefty case of indoor Dome/ perfect conditions.

I think he likes the idea of building up from the bottom.

If Baylor really wanted to get that band back together they'd take Montgomery at Tulsa. He's been a head coach and still recruiting in Texas. Dino is on his 5th year in a location nowhere near the state.

Not worried about Baylor poaching him. More worried about Babers deciding this place is a dead-end and looking for any opportunity to leave. I know Marrone isn't a good example since he left for a pro job, the president and AD were different people with possibly different priorities then, and he himself has shown pretty awful judgment on job decisions since then but the talk we heard about him losing faith in the Syracuse job always stuck with me. Hopefully there's enough support administratively now to convince Babers to stick out the rebuilding job. I'm not sure we can count on any other kind of support though. The obstacles to fixing the program appear more imposing with every passing year.

Babers new exactly the rebuilding job he had. His litmus test this year are nc.state uconn pitt bc .. Not Louisville FSU Clemson or ND. Those are free swing nothing to lose games. He is here for a long time. Year 3 is when we turn the corner.

supp said:
Not worried about Baylor poaching him. More worried about Babers deciding this place is a dead-end and looking for any opportunity to leave. I know Marrone isn't a good example since he left for a pro job, the president and AD were different people with possibly different priorities then, and he himself has shown pretty awful judgment on job decisions since then but the talk we heard about him losing faith in the Syracuse job always stuck with me. Hopefully there's enough support administratively now to convince Babers to stick out the rebuilding job. I'm not sure we can count on any other kind of support though. The obstacles to fixing the program appear more imposing with every passing year.

No - my comment wasn't clear. I think Babers sees what Briles did at a school that was at the bottom of a p5 and likes the challenge.

He's also in love with advantage the dome brings. Many of Briles losses over the years were in windy/rainy Texas weather.

I think he like going where no one wants to go and turning it around.