So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach | Syracusefan.com

So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach

Is this leverage for him to get a raise or would he go to Indiana?

Also, since I have stopped really following recruiting during this pandemic has he been one of top recruiting assistants?

Whom would be the short list to replace him?

He’s been valuable in plugging in potential quality late cycle recruits when plans A, B and C have fallen through it seems.

Recruiting is rolling. If he leaves, bring back Devo.
This. Assuming Devo wouldn’t turn the opportunity down as I believe he’s involved with Weitsman’s planned basketball academy

Why would being an assistant in Indiana be more desirable than being an assistant at SU?
For one thing, JB is very close to retirement age. What guarantees does Allen have that he will still have a job once JB is gone?

But if Griffen does leave, we should go outside the program and look for a coach that can recruit. I wouldn’t even know who to look at this stage of the game and with everything going on with the pandemic. I’m sure JB has a very short list and he obviously has lots of connections so I’m sure the hire will be good regardless.

I already know 2 names will be floated on this board. Devo and Blackwell, love them both, great guys. Short answer, No.

I think everyone here is missing the point. The big concern here, is if he leaves we no longer have 2 Allen Griffen’s on the team (I know different spellings but same pronunciation).

Do you think that’s also part of the reason for Indiana’s interest? Could they be looking to add both griffins?

I’d be shocked if Griffin left. He’s an alum who loves the school and JB, and Syracuse is a top 10 program. Plus he has great connections on the East Coast and it’s easy to travel to all the recruiting hotbeds from Syracuse. Unless he got some kind of crazy raise that SU couldn’t match, I don’t see it.

Do you think that’s also part of the reason for Indiana’s interest? Could they be looking to add both griffins?
So Griffin is going to leave Illinois to get closer to home in syracuse and then transfer again to Indiana?

Griffin is 4th in line (maybe 3rd) if the position is second chair at Indiana he should go for it. His time at Dayton will serve him well.

We NEED more alums coaching at OTHER institutions. Even if our next coach is not an alum it would be good to have multiple SU options in the pipeline. My guess is our next coach won't be here for 50 years...

Griffin is 4th in line (maybe 3rd) if the position is second chair at Indiana he should go for it. His time at Dayton will serve him well.

We NEED more alums coaching at OTHER institutions. Even if our next coach is not an alum it would be good to have multiple SU options in the pipeline. My guess is our next coach won't be here for 50 years...
We don't need a very good asst coach going to Indiana.

Unfortunately with having a top10-15 program in the nation, it comes with the territory. I'm surprised our assistants aren't targeted more. Wouldn't be shocked Red being a major target for some programs very shortly.

We don't need a very good asst coach going to Indiana.
I realize HIS career is about YOUR OR OUR personal needs, but I hope he doesn't see it that way...

I realize HIS career is about YOUR OR OUR personal needs, but I hope he doesn't see it that way...
Huh? What are you even talking about my needs? Allen is from ny and an alum of the school he is working at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom