So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach

Makes no sense, why would a program such as Indiana not hire one of their own ?

Unfortunately with having a top10-15 program in the nation, it comes with the territory. I'm surprised our assistants aren't targeted more. Wouldn't be shocked Red being a major target for some programs very shortly.
If Red doesn’t take over for JB in the next few years, he’s definitely in line to get a head coaching job somewhere else soon. If Hop gets the SU job over Red, I could see him landing a head coaching job at a really good mid-major.

Huh? What are you even talking about my needs? Allen is from ny and an alum of the school he is working at.
If he is offered an associate coaching position that is a higher level position than he currently has not assistant positions are the same and the pay jumps are large...

I’d be shocked if Griffin left. He’s an alum who loves the school and JB, and Syracuse is a top 10 program. Plus he has great connections on the East Coast and it’s easy to travel to all the recruiting hotbeds from Syracuse. Unless he got some kind of crazy raise that SU couldn’t match, I don’t see it.
Archie will be at IU for the long haul ... when JB leaves who knows what will happen; especially if they go with an outside hire. AG should have choices at that point too, but maybe he likes IU now

Miller is a good coach. If he was ever fired, he wouldn't be unemployed long.
He's gone to two nits and last year went 20 and 12 and finished 10th in the b10 that's fine for some places not Indiana.

If he is offered an associate coaching position that is a higher level position than he currently has not assistant positions are the same and the pay jumps are large...
Isn't that the same position he has now? He's still under contract at su.

No. Autry holds that position every contract has an out...
So if you owned a business and had an employee you really liked that was doing a great job and making you money and a rival company was interested in him you would just let him go? For a slight promotion.

So if you owned a business and had an employee you really liked that was doing a great job and making you money and a rival company was interested in him you would just let him go? For a slight promotion.
lol! It's probably a 6 figure difference and you can't pay everybody what they want or deserve...it's call a budget

lol! It's probably a 6 figure difference and you can't pay everybody what they want or deserve...it's call a budget
Give me a break you can't tell me it's a six figure difference. I don't know the bball budget but isn't there some money available to keep a valuable coach?

Give me a break you can't tell me it's a six figure difference. I don't know the bball budget but isn't there some money available to keep a valuable coach?
It is. JB makes over 2 million and is underpaid compared to many of his piers. Audry is probably high 6 figures and G-mac and Griffin are probably mid 6 figures...it's big business...

If somebody wants to open a betting market on our next head coach I would like to put my savings account on Autry

It is. JB makes over 2 million and is underpaid compared to many of his piers. Audry is probably high 6 figures and G-mac and Griffin are probably mid 6 figures...it's big business...
How do you know iu is paying him 100k more?

Is this leverage for him to get a raise or would he go to Indiana?

Also, since I have stopped really following recruiting during this pandemic has he been one of top recruiting assistants?

Whom would be the short list to replace him?

I think this would be a good move for him, if he's the number 2 guy. Probably a pay raise. Big 10. If I were him, I would take it if offered.

But he's replacing Bruiser Flint? Wasn't he kind of a suspicious character in recruiting ... ?
Would Allen be trained to be one of those guys?

If he leaves, Boeheim needs to go outside of the program and get a proven recruiter to bolster what they're doing.
Agree ... but that's literally exactly what people said before they hired Griffin.

I asked you how do you know what iu is going to offer an asst coach.

Here are the IU base salaries for fiscal year 2019 fwiw

Basketball
Archie Miller, head coach: $550,000
Associate head coach Tom Ostrom: $316,575
Assistant coach Bruiser Flint: $301,500
Assistant coach: Ed Schilling: $301,500

Here are the IU base salaries for fiscal year 2019 fwiw

Basketball
Archie Miller, head coach: $550,000
Associate head coach Tom Ostrom: $316,575
Assistant coach Bruiser Flint: $301,500
Assistant coach: Ed Schilling: $301,500
The assistant coach salaries are higher than I expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom