so is Buffalo good? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

so is Buffalo good?

The narrative since we’ve become mediocre is that any team that plays us well is “top of their league” when it ends up not usually being the case.
The win their league the past two years. May very well this year too. They’re a very solid mid major.

The win their league the past two years. May very well this year too. They’re a very solid mid major.
they didn't even win their division last year, finished third in the east, three games behind regular season champ akron. then they lost in the 1st round of their conference tourney

they did win it the two years prior to that; oats' final 2 seasons

I like our team but I think its going to be a common occurence that our opponents seem to play well (and score at ease) against us.

I also think the zone is not what it used to be. Every kid growing up these days focuses on shooting 3s more than they shoot any other shot. And lots of kids can hit them (except for ours on certain days oddly enough). And there is enough tape out there for teams unaccustomed to playing us to figure out how to successfully beat ours.

We've been lucky pulling a couple games out this year against less talented teams. Teams we would have beat going away in years past. Something needs a refresh. Feels like our recruiting at least has turned for the better, again, except for centers.

Yeah -- I wonder about the zone. The goal for every kid playing hoops now is not only to be able to shoot the three but to be able to step back and drain it from 25. My 10-year old literally never shoots without a stepback or a side step. Not sure he's headed to the acc, of course, but I mean, he just thinks that's an essential part of the game.

Agree on the recruiting and the luck. The one thing I will say is that this team is unselfish which I think should make us at least dangerous offensively on the majority of nights. We could not make a shot -- literally not a single three -- against northeastern but found a way to be up seven with 1 minute left. We couldn't stop buffalo but found a way to put together a 27-point turnaround over 20 mins. Not sure what that means but it's at least not terrible.

So why don’t we have an actual 4th guard on this roster with 13 scholarships available and have to play Griffin there if we want to have a 4th guard?

That is the job of the coaching staff.
I don’t have an issue with the staff on this, I think they made the right move. No need fir a 4th guard when we have AG who can play the 2 as well as Woody who are both improvements over what we had last year by a country mile. Think it’s smart to keep the scholarship available and if someone we like comes along late or a transfer is available than we have an open spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom