So is Toledo going to kick our ass on Saturday? | Syracusefan.com

So is Toledo going to kick our ass on Saturday?

AgentOrange

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
They looked very good vs. Ohio St and played a strong first half against an excellent Boise St. team.

They looked very good vs. Ohio St and played a strong first half against an excellent Boise St. team.
No

OSU is mess right now and Boise had their way with them. Toledo had a very late score set up by a 60 yd Int return to get to 15.

Milhouse is going to have a new favorite team after this game (100% out of the gun, 3 wide base, and the only variation is if the 4th and 5th receiver is a TE and/or RB or two more WR's) but they are not going to beat SU.

No

OSU is mess right now and Boise had their way with them. Toledo had a very late score set up by a 60 yd Int return to get to 15.

Milhouse is going to have a new favorite team after this game (100% out of the gun, 3 wide base, and the only variation is if the 4th and 5th receiver is a TE and/or RB or two more WR's) but they are not going to beat SU.
Fitz and the Bills are giving me my fill of simple glorious shotgun with lots of receivers and a qb with a bad arm but a good head making good choices and simple throws.

Toledo is doing well to hang in there with OSU even if they are a mess. Boise has their way with everyone. I think it'll be close on saturday. Thankfully, Marrone is good in close games and Toledo might not be (they gagged at the end of OSU game)

No

We are getting a good exposure to a variety of offensive and defensive schemes in these OOC games. Hope it pays off in conference play.

As for Saturday, it might be one of the higher scoring games in recent Dome history. With all the injuries we have on defense, we might have to outscore them to win.

We are getting a good exposure to a variety of offensive and defensive schemes in these OOC games. Hope it pays off in conference play.

As for Saturday, it might be one of the higher scoring games in recent Dome history. With all the injuries we have on defense, we might have to outscore them to win.
Exactly, people are forgetting what shape our secondary is at the moment.

We have a good game in us. Toledo will be slow and small compared to what they saw at USC.

Exactly, people are forgetting what shape our secondary is at the moment.

The shape of the secondary is a huge issue. Toledo from what I saw doesn't present nearly the vertical threat that USC does. They work the hash out underneath with combo routes. And they throw a ton of screens. The SU LB's will have a big role in how this turns out. They also are 100% min protection.

I respect Go's opinion as much as anyone but I am not sold on us winning easy Saturday. I am goign to post a more lengthy post tonight but if Shamarko is out and Fisher is still out our secondary is in Shambles. Toledo is going to screen us to death and Lynn has yet to make it through a game without havign to leave due to an injury.

I respect Go's opinion as much as anyone but I am not sold on us winning easy Saturday. I am goign to post a more lengthy post tonight but if Shamarko is out and Fisher is still out our secondary is in Shambles. Toledo is going to screen us to death and Lynn has yet to make it through a game without havign to leave due to an injury.

Plus we suck at home, the secondary either cramps, pukes or goes out with unreported injuries at an alarming pace. In addition, if Shamrko is out we are now down, IMO our best two defensive players. Shamarko is usually a sure tackler as well which helps with a screen team. In addition, we are coming off the West Coast trip, where we played like last year as well before we woke up versus Maine.

Is the true frosh safety whose name escapes me ever going to be cleared? I think Syracuse will be down 14-17 points early, how they respond is up to them.

The shape of the secondary is a huge issue. Toledo from what I saw doesn't present nearly the vertical threat that USC does. They work the hash out underneath with combo routes. And they throw a ton of screens. The SU LB's will have a big role in how this turns out. They also are 100% min protection.
Toledo ran more screens in that game that I have ever seen any team run. With the possible exception of Syracuse in any game played during the GRob/Spence Year of the Bubble Screen.

No

Toledo turned the FB over
No

-

1)OSU is really only a mess at the WR position. Bauserman has a strong arm but doesn't have anybody to catch the football other than Stoneburner. Their run game is not a mess nor is their defense.
2) Toledo didn't score off the interception against Boise State. The QB turned the FB over with a fumble. near the goalline. The Rockets turned over another Redzone opportunity with an INT and also dropped a TD pass.
3)When Coach Beckman came to Toledo, two things he wanted to accomplish were improving team speed and depth. He has done both.

Wait, what does this have to do with Rutgers and potential ACC expansion? I'm so confused...what kind of board IS this!?

We need to start strong or we could get rolled. Toledo is one of the top four teams we will play all year.

Toledo's D - 310 passing ypg given up

SU offensive strength is in the passing game. That is all.

OSU 189 yds passing
New Hampshire 180 yds passing
Kellen Moore 465 yds passing

Toledo #14 Turnover Margin 4 Fumbles gained 3 INT's gained

Toledo turned the FB over

-

1)OSU is really only a mess at the WR position. Bauserman has a strong arm but doesn't have anybody to catch the football other than Stoneburner. Their run game is not a mess nor is their defense.
2) Toledo didn't score off the interception against Boise State. The QB turned the FB over with a fumble. near the goalline. The Rockets turned over another Redzone opportunity with an INT and also dropped a TD pass.
3)When Coach Beckman came to Toledo, two things he wanted to accomplish were improving team speed and depth. He has done both.

I agree with you BocaRocket. Toledo looked fast and athletic in these games.

Sounds like a passing shootout... on paper. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

I watched most of the Boise game last week. Toledo looked very athletic, but undisciplined in that game, between costly penalties and turnovers. Also, BSU wore them down with their passing game. I hope we can do the same, but we really need to stay out in front in this game (sounds familiar for a home game).

Definitely no pushover. My fear is SU's play calling. Will SU actually try to take advantage of the passing strength vs weakness? I saw too many 2nd and 10 run plays against USC to believe SU will try to win a shootout. I'd like to see a WR other than Lemon and Chew become more involved in the passing game, particulalry downfield.

What has happened to West? I thought he was a can't miss WR that was going to be an impact player?

Definitely no pushover. My fear is SU's play calling. Will SU actually try to take advantage of the passing strength vs weakness? I saw too many 2nd and 10 run plays against USC to believe SU will try to win a shootout. I'd like to see a WR other than Lemon and Chew become more involved in the passing game, particulalry downfield.

2nd and 10 run plays for this team are a change of pace, any run call at this point is. I don't get people complaining about trying to run the football ever, we need to establish the run for the offense to be succesful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom