So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall | Syracusefan.com

So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall

Will be interesting to see whom they hire and where he ends up.

What about their recruits? He had some good ones coming in

Guy would never have been fired at Uconn and yet left for a job at a middling football school.

Maybe he can go coach at Cheshire HS now?

Wasn't Mike Locksley a name that was thrown around this board as a successor to Greg Robinson? He is the current offensive coordinator and according to that article would be the interim head coach if they fire Randy Edsall.

Wasn't Mike Locksley a name that was thrown around this board as a successor to Greg Robinson? He is the current offensive coordinator and according to that article would be the interim head coach if they fire Randy Edsall.

Good luck with that, Terps.

Mike Locksley head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
New Mexico Lobos
(Mountain West) (2009–present)
2009 New Mexico 1–11 1–7 8th
2010 New Mexico 1–11 1–7 T–8th
2011 New Mexico 0–4 0–1
New Mexico: 2–26 2–15
Total: 2–26

Guy would never have been fired at Uconn and yet left for a job at a middling football school.

Did you see the contract Umd gave him?

Under Armour is probably sending a private jet to Toledo, OH as we speak.

I think we could use another GA...

MD went from being a decent job to a bad one. When they were in the ACC they played yearly BC, Clemson, FSU, NC State, SU, UVA, Wake, WV which isn't all that hard to have a 10-3 against. Now they play Indiana, Michigan, Mich State, Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, West Virginia which isn't all that easy to have a 6-6 record against. They went from fighting for 3rd in the Atlantic to fighting for 5th in the East. Why did they leave again?

BTW...it always seemed like a dumb hire to me. They finished 9-4 and ranked in the top 25 Friedgen's last year. If you're going to push a guy out because you don't think that's good enough, then you better bring in a guy who accomplished more than winning the Big East by default and serving as a sacrificial lamb to Oklahoma.

MD went from being a decent job to a bad one. When they were in the ACC they played yearly BC, Clemson, FSU, NC State, SU, UVA, Wake, WV which isn't all that hard to have a 10-3 against. Now they play Indiana, Michigan, Mich State, Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, West Virginia which isn't all that easy to have a 6-6 record against. They went from fighting for 3rd in the Atlantic to fighting for 5th in the East. Why did they leave again?

I think the right guy could recruit DMV well.

Not happy about this at all. If they actually get their hire right this time and with UA backing them, they're going to be a huge PIA to recruit against. Having Randy there was great for everyone else trying to recruit the mid-atlantic.
That's a solid point. With all of that UA money they could make a big splashy hire. I'll be curious, though, to see if Dwayne Haskins and the rest of the current class stick with the school.

That's a solid point. With all of that UA money they could make a big splashy hire. I'll be curious, though, to see if Dwayne Haskins and the rest of the current class stick with the school.

The next hire reeks of a Lane Kiffin type. Gonna b a total disaster I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom