So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So it begins: bye bye, Randy Edsall

Not happy about this at all. If they actually get their hire right this time and with UA backing them, they're going to be a huge PIA to recruit against. Having Randy there was great for everyone else trying to recruit the mid-atlantic.

I don't think it would be a big deal. We don't recruit MD or VA anymore. We have a total of 2 kids from those states.

19b27101de670c565e7b1311c0f3ea9e.jpg

I don't think it would be a big deal. We don't recruit MD or VA anymore. We have a total of 2 kids from those states.
Not that SU hasn't been trying. Breaking back into MD and VA is going to be a lot like getting back into NJ. The relationships need to be built and the kids need to see some success on the field. It can happen (like in NJ), but having dull/annoying Randy Edsall coaching MD would make that process much easier for SU to eventually start grabbing some top kids from the area again.

It worked out for Friedgen though as he got to be the OC at a prestigious B1G school.

I'll bet it's like Xmas in October over on the UConn board.

UConn is 17-36 since he left and have been under .500 every season.

They should be trying to hire him back...

Wasn't Mike Locksley a name that was thrown around this board as a successor to Greg Robinson? He is the current offensive coordinator and according to that article would be the interim head coach if they fire Randy Edsall.
Randy Edsall was also suggested on the sites.

Whaaaaaa?

EDIT: Nevermind, not sure why this is getting so much traction. It's some dude with like 40 followers.

EDIT 2: Edit Harder: Definitely a troll.

Last edited:
MD went from being a decent job to a bad one. When they were in the ACC they played yearly BC, Clemson, FSU, NC State, SU, UVA, Wake, WV which isn't all that hard to have a 10-3 against. Now they play Indiana, Michigan, Mich State, Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, West Virginia which isn't all that easy to have a 6-6 record against. They went from fighting for 3rd in the Atlantic to fighting for 5th in the East. Why did they leave again?
upload_2015-10-8_12-21-57.jpeg

Will be interesting to see whom they hire and where he ends up.

What is interesting to me are the numbers. Didn't Maryland Admins go against their tradition and fanbase to leave ACC and join B10+2 because of money problems?
Hiring a new coach and paying off your old one is very, $$$ expensive.
I guess the B10 cash gonna bail them out

money-041712L_0.jpg

The world is a better place when Maryland sucks balls. Have some heart UMD, don't ruin it for everyone else.

3541ft.jpg
I am liking this solely for your new signature.

As the idea guy, when do my residuals start? :D

While not Gregian, Maryland has been a bad team while he's been there. How they won 7 games last year is a mystery. Kudo's (?) to him for having the worst team statistically to win 7 in the last five years.

Last year they finished 109th on offense and 95th on defense. This year they are worse in both, 115th and 110th. BTW, they beat USF soundly.

Overall record 22-31 averaging 97th in total offense and 76th in total defense, with the team worse on both than it was the season he took over.

I don't know when Locksley was hired but the last four years they have been 120th, 75th, 109th, and currently 115th on offense.

What's hilarious is that they gave him a three year extension worth $7.5M in June.

That ADept is a mess.

Those who dislike Edsall so much should thank their lucky stars they dodged a bullet in 2009.

I was NOT happy when it looked like he was getting it.

Wasn't Mike Locksley a name that was thrown around this board as a successor to Greg Robinson? He is the current offensive coordinator and according to that article would be the interim head coach if they fire Randy Edsall.
I would add Turner Gill and Skip Holtz to the list of disastrous potential hires.

That's a solid point. With all of that UA money they could make a big splashy hire. I'll be curious, though, to see if Dwayne Haskins and the rest of the current class stick with the school.
Bet it'll be Kiffen. Or Schiano. Either way, they'll make a splash. MD is a good job now. And it's in a good recruiting zone. Here's to hoping they it up and hire Skip Holtz or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom