so, it's all on Cortland State now | Syracusefan.com

so, it's all on Cortland State now

moqui

generational talent
I remember just a few years ago all three of SU, Lemoyne and SUNY Cortland were in the D1, D2 and D3 title games, and SU and Cortland both won . . . was that the high water mark for CNY as the dominant lax hotbed?

I don't follow lacrosse all that closely . . . what's the general feeling on this board - is the explosion in popularity of the sport a death knell for the traditionally dominant teams? I certainly have noticed an explosion of schoolboy teams in California, which could change the recruiting picture, I would think.

I remember just a few years ago all three of SU, Lemoyne and SUNY Cortland were in the D1, D2 and D3 title games, and SU and Cortland both won . . . was that the high water mark for CNY as the dominant lax hotbed?

I don't follow lacrosse all that closely . . . what's the general feeling on this board - is the explosion in popularity of the sport a death knell for the traditionally dominant teams? I certainly have noticed an explosion of schoolboy teams in California, which could change the recruiting picture, I would think.

OCC mens AND women's won the NJCAA championships this year. Syracuse woman are playing in the women's FF and as you mentioned Cortland State is playing for the D3 championship.

Technically LeMoyne lost in the D2 FF.

CNY is still at the top of the lax world.