So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently

I noticed during the game Ennis gets beat on a 3 point shot and boeheim pulls Roberson out to have words with him. That shot was all on Ennis as Ennis tried to double up on the ball leaving Roberson to guard two players.

Roberson had about 2ths. of second to slide up on the shooter.

@Stephen_Bailey1: Boeheim said Roberson gives the team nothing: "He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He can't help us right now."

Are you kidding me, Jim? What a dick thing to say.

Is it true? Maybe. But don't freaking get THIS negative on a freshman out there giving it his all.

Support your guys publicly. C'mon.

Maybe. But what does JB want to do play 5 starters plus BMK and that's all? If Grant is out he is going to have to get something from Roberson so try to keep the kid positive and help him as much as possible... rather than tearing him down and totally destroying his confidence. JB is acting really strange about TR. I wonder if he transfers.
Oh oh

Maybe if Jim and the other coaches weren't busy making dozens of radio and tv advertisements they would have time to teach the freshmen the offense.

See, it's easy to throw out idiotic claims. Problem is, mine won't destroy player's confidence or cause them to consider transferring.

RichmondCuse said:
Do any of the players know the "offense"?

We have an offense? It looks a lot like throw the ball to Fair and see what he can do or let Cooney toss up a 3 coming off a screen. I can remember the last time we passed it to a center inside and the center passed it back outside for an open shot. No ball movement, no passing.

Our shooting guard is not better then anyone else, and except for 2 games has been bad. Going into the Georgia Tech game 61-164 for a .372 FGPCT, 39-120 for a .325 3 FGPCT 33rebs, 13 ass, 1 blocks, 28 steals, 18 fouls, 8 turnovers in 16 conference games. In the 1st BC, and Notre Dame game he was 19-28, 11-17 for FG and 3 PTFG so the other 14 games 42-136 for a .309, and 28-103 for a .272. Cooney is a hard worker just not a good passer or shooting guard.

If true, it's BS, Roberson looked very good out there.

Not really, but he tried hard. No different from Gbinje, Keita, and Cooney. They all hustled. None looked good though.

I noticed during the game Ennis gets beat on a 3 point shot and boeheim pulls Roberson out to have words with him. That shot was all on Ennis as Ennis tried to double up on the ball leaving Roberson to guard two players.

Roberson had about 2ths. of second to slide up on the shooter.

Classic Boeheim.

What a disgrace.

Boeheim has designed this offense to be the slowest possible this year and this has been a 4 year trend, why else does Ennis stop fastbreaks and dribbles for 20-25 seconds out top before starting the offense for most parts of every game this year. Our zone is not slowing down the game as much as Boeheim has this year on offense.

@Stephen_Bailey1: Boeheim said Roberson gives the team nothing: "He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He can't help us right now."

Are you kidding me, Jim? What a dick thing to say.

Is it true? Maybe. But don't freaking get THIS negative on a freshman out there giving it his all.
I didn't get to see the game, or the box score. Last I knew Roberson was starting. If he did then JB's comments are whack. Why did he start then, or was this determined by his performance tonight? LOL (OK if he didn't start then ignore)

The Wire gets you an automatic like from me.

Haha, I was looking for the one that Clay went absurdly long for(even more than the others), because that was my reaction when reading what Boeheim apparently said.

I heard him say it. He was asked how he thought TR did. Said it was obvious that he's not ready to help.

It's definitely true. I was watching the press conference and I think that's word for word what Boeheim said. I couldn't believe that he threw a freshman under the bus like that when he was forced into playing time, and personally, I thought he was probably one of our top 3 players tonight after CJ and Ennis. At least he tries hard. And yeah, he might disrupt the "offense" every once in awhile, but with how stagnant the offense has become, I think it might be a good thing that somebody disrupts it. He looked pretty good to me when he made a nice cut into the paint for a bucket at one point and then took his man down into the post and dropped it off to Ennis for an easy layup.

jb treats his kids like men always has we have said this for years.

kuethstheman said:
I heard him say it. He was asked how he thought TR did. Said it was obvious that he's not ready to help.

We'll, then that falls on the coaches. They recruited him, the Jersey player of the year, and he can't produce. Must be a poor judge of talent. Two other freshmen can't get off the bench. Makes you wonder.

wow.... this just hit me. What does Boeheim have to say and feel about B.J. Johnson and Patterson when they have not played in like months. Julie might be the only one who could answer that.

I would be stunned if there a wasn't a transfer or two from this team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom