So Kevin Spacey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Kevin Spacey

The show the girl friend experience had the same problem. There wasn't one person that you could like in it.

I had the same issue with the movie Gone Girl. But back to Kevin Spacey

I had the same issue with the movie Gone Girl. But back to Kevin Spacey
Didn't see the movie because I read the book. But yeah, now that you mention it, the book was like that as well. Didn't bother me as much reading it though.

Not at all. You seem a bit defensive about it. I didn't know if you were some Kevin Spacey fan and had heard these things before. As an aside, I didn't like house of whatever. I watched one season and that was enough. there has to be at least one person that you like in a program. That show had no one.
Actually Kevin Spacey's and Robin Wright's characters are both very manipulative Washingtonians who are designed to be very outrageous and will do whatever they need to do to win the election and have things go their way. Interestingly enough, they are Democrats and the character who played the Republican nominee for President was originally a JFK type who ultimately self destructed. It's a great show if you give it a chance, however at this present time, it doesn't appear will be going forward. And BTW, Spacey's character is a closet homosexual, which is pretty interesting for fans of the show.

Actually Kevin Spacey's and Robin Wright's characters are both very manipulative Washingtonians who are designed to be very outrageous and will do whatever they need to do to win the election and have things go their way. Interestingly enough, they are Democrats and the character who played the Republican nominee for President was originally a JFK type who ultimately self destructed. It's a great show if you give it a chance, however at this present time, it doesn't appear will be going forward. And BTW, Spacey's character is a closet homos e xual, which is pretty interesting for fans of the show.
I watched season 1. I love Washington stuff. But there was no one to root for.

I watched season 1. I love Washington stuff. But there was no one to root for.
Do you like Curb Your Enthusiasm. Frank Underwood and Larry David are both obnoxious characters. You don't watch them to root for them, you watch them to see what crazy thing they will do next. Kind of like Archie Bunker.

How didn't Kevin Spacey know that everybody knew he was gay already?

Not making light of the subject but come on, almost as shocking as George Michael, Lance Bass and Ricky Martin coming out.

How didn't Kevin Spacey know that everybody knew he was gay already?

Not making light of the subject but come on, almost as shocking as George Michael, Lance Bass and Ricky Martin coming out.
I think he knew everyone knew. He had just never publicly come out. He even spoofed that fact a bit on whatever awards show he hosted (Oscar/Emmy/whatever).

I think he knew everyone knew. He had just never publicly come out. He even spoofed that fact a bit on whatever awards show he hosted (Oscar/Emmy/whatever).
I think it was The Sandusky Awards.

I was never a Kevin Spacey fan until he did HOC. I guess I can go back to not being a fan of his going forward. Interesting if they will try to keep the show going with Robin Wright as the main star. She has been more of the star recently anyways.

A big problem with this reporting of "events" is that they are alleged to have occurred so long ago that they are, to me, unreliable on their face, without some type of admission or corraberation (I told therapist/doctor/mother immediately. I told my boss the next day, etc.) Without a doubt, to me, some of these folks in these types of feeding frenzies are liars and opportunists, and that detracts from the real victims.

The other issue is the now suddenly holier than thou people in power who did nothing about it until there becomes a public outcry. The catholic church, Joe Paterno, The H of C producers and Netflix, the people working with Harvey Weinstein. They should all be charged as accomplices.

Do you like Curb Your Enthusiasm. Frank Underwood and Larry David are both obnoxious characters. You don't watch them to root for them, you watch them to see what crazy thing they will do next. Kind of like Archie Bunker.

Larry has been a complete jerk the last few seasons, but for most of the show’s run I usually agreed with him, rooted for him, and sympathized when things didn’t work out...while dying laughing because the show was hilarious.

I couldn’t get into House of Cards. I hated every character and thought they were all one dimensional and predictable after awhile, except for the bald guy in season 1. He was the only character I found to be interesting. Once he was gone I lost a lot of interest. I think I quit halfway through season 2 because I was liking it less and less over time...and I never really enjoyed it in the first place.

I hated the whole talk to the camera to tell us what you’re going to do next thing. I like 1)Being blindsided and caught off guard on occasion and then going back and realizing the signs that it was coming. Or 2)Seeing the clues and anticipating and wondering(Whoa, was that camera view signaling Walt dumping ricin in Lydia’s drink? Did Walt really just do that?). His whole talking to the camera gimmick like “watch me outsmart this guy! I’m so smart and such a cunning fellow!) would really take me out of the show and piss me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom