So let's say Marrone cuts loose on the sideline | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So let's say Marrone cuts loose on the sideline

I figured.

Thanks for the soul-crushing debt. I'll think of your generation fondly when I drop dead on the job when I'm 85.

:)

;)lets not bring politics into this...'cause it will end harshly...how about parenting...suppose you were never slapped on the ass...of course now if you did that it would be abuse....so M better be very careful.....and I will applaud that you work as hard as most of the boomers did...our entitlements were to work hard and prosper...not prosper by not working....

;)lets not bring politics into this...'cause it will end harshly...how about parenting...suppose you were never slapped on the ass...of course now if you did that it would be abuse....so M better be very careful.....and I will applaud that you work as hard as most of the boomers did...our entitlements were to work hard and prosper...not prosper by not working....

Can you just tell me to get off your lawn and be done with it?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4303

^+1 Love you man...just trying to make a point...but if you really want to mow the lawn its okay, i have a 'Cuse game to watch on Friday night and want 'Cuse to whip, tear, Pitts ass apart.....

I am sorry...but I grew up in a society that actually cared about success...and failure although tolerated did not necessarily get a smile and hand clap. I remember when I ran track and finished 4th out of 60 in NYS sectionals I did not get a ribbon...why would I want someone who finished 26th, or 40th to feel that they succeeded. We already pass kids in school that have no right being promoted to next grade...we even have given them an extra 250 points on the SATs but still consider a score of 1200 good...c'mon, even JB yells, so does nearly every football coach I have ever seen on the field...M's demeanor of a smirk and playing it low key does nothing for building enthusiasm for the kids..."oh i made a mistake and dropped the ball, or committed two offsides...well gee, at least I dont get yelled at...give me a break (SORRY FOR THIS NOW I AM GOING BACK TO MY JACK AND COKE)...if the coach has no outward fire dont expect the team to either--maybe that is why we have so little enthusiasm and hell to pay in the opening half...hear it now from M: okay guys go play your best...if you make a mistake its okay...winning isnt everything...in fact its nothing! Yikes, what have we come down to?
Sometimes, you just need to get someone's attention...being nice and friendly is not necessarily the only way it goes...sometimes being the parent means telling it like really is...in the corporate world many of us make mistakes...but each mistake we make leaves an impression that if mistakes continue you no longer have a job...so do I condone yelling no...but I do not condone acting in the same soft, balanced manner all the time...there is no way for the one getting the message to clearly differentiate that's good from that's not going to work in the same tone of voice and facial expression.

I find it hard to believe that the unofficial president of the Brandon Triche fan club just wrote that. I suggest more Jack and less Coke. ;)

I find it hard to believe that the unofficial president of the Brandon Triche fan club just wrote that. I suggest more Jack and less Coke. ;)
Okay...so my guy mopes when yelled at...but, but...you get the point...okay more Jack and less coke...

Okay...so my guy mopes when yelled at...but, but...you get the point...okay more Jack and less coke...
Just having fun with you. I'm not a big "demeanor" guy. For the most part, people are who they are by the time they reach adulthood, be they players, coaches or fans.

Just having fun with you. I'm not a big "demeanor" guy. For the most part, people are who they are by the time they reach adulthood, be they players, coaches or fans.
Damn, i did give you a like...i can take it....just want 'Cuse to win...every game...drink less Jack & Coke when that happens...What bothers me is that us fans seem more enthusiastic and wanting than the coach and team at this point...is that possible?

here is to a great bball season and rest of football too...take care!

Damn, i did give you a like...i can take it....just want 'Cuse to win...every game...drink less Jack & Coke when that happens...What bothers me is that us fans seem more enthusiastic and wanting than the coach and team at this point...is that possible?

here is to a great bball season and rest of football too...take care!

Pretty sure Doug wants this way more than any of us. A few wins (starting Friday), a nice little 6-2 finish, and all will be well. And there's always hoops.

Here we go.

Are you a baby boomer, by chance?

Because that generation is just so AWESOME!

:bang:

Awesome is a post baby boomer expression. Try groovy.

It's possible the players may look at a cut loose as Marrone finally losing it and showing the frustration of getting beat. As for berating a player in front of everyone it may work for some and not for others as we all learn in different ways. Marrone has to be who he is and not just put on a show just to please a group of fans that things stomping up and down the sideline is the only way to show you are passionate about what you are doing. I'd rather the staff teach but yet hold accountable as well. The deeper SU is depth wise the more choices Marrone has and he can use the bench as a motivation which is by far the thing players fear most of all.

This is funny... "quit being their friend" Please. what planet are you from?
Because Football is an Emotional Game,are there any Players (That Play) on the team with Doug's demeaner? NOPE , Bottom line Football is an emotional game
and Doug is not the Team Accountant.

Because Football is an Emotional Game,are there any Players (That Play) on the team with Doug's demeaner? NOPE , Bottom line Football is an emotional game

Again, I find this stuff amusing... As if Doug can just pom pom his way to victories!! GO TEAM!!!. This stuff is such nonsense, IMO.

GRob emotioned this team into football purgatory. You need a coach that knows what he is doing, not just a get in your face guy. Kelly is good because he knows what he is doing, not just because he's vocal.

GRob emotioned this team into football purgatory. You need a coach that knows what he is doing, not just a get in your face guy. Kelly is good because he knows what he is doing, not just because he's vocal.
Agree with that...so which or both is M short on...know what he is doing and/or not being emotional...actually I didnt think it was because he has few clues to the puzzle...now that gives me pause to think about how much more frustrating this is...and I thought he was just a calm, balanced individual

I think Marrone is a guy that does the right things, passionate for the school and players, studies hard, a pretty high character person but gives too much credit to the other team/coaches when they take away his strengths. This is why, my theory anyways, as to why SU struggles in the Big East...coaches see his patterns and take them away. I'm not sold on his game day decisions yet and much like Hackett he is fairly new to being an HC as well and learning in a very difficult situation. I do firmly believe he knows what he is doing and is getting the ducks in order but my greatest fear is that he will over react to pressure and play it safe which to me would lead to ruin. Be who you are and if that isn't good enough then well hell, it wasn't good enough but at least he did it his way...no cuing Frank S either!

That's the thing. I don't think he is who he is on the sidelines.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You may be right otto and is doing it because the thinks this is the best thing for the team.

I am less concerned about Doug's lack of emotion than I am the team's (or rather team leaders') lack of emotion. Somebody needs to show emotion aside from the guy who fumbles, jumps offside or commits PI.

You may be right otto and is doing it because the thinks this is the best thing for the team.
I suppose I'm questioning if the stoicism is the best for the team, too.

Drops his stoic look and lets all the emotion that he claims is rolling around inside him bust out during games on the side line.

What's the consequence? What's the worst that happens?

These are sincere questions. I don't want to reopen the Marrone demeanor can of worms again, but I was thinking about it and wondered exactly what kind of apocalyptic result would come if Marrone allowed himself to loosen up a little bit.

When we played for Ben SW, he was all business, practice or game. I have posted in the past, that if you didn't practice hard, you didn't make the travel squad of 45. Doug needs to make these players accountable on the field, practice and games. Ernie Davis was a mild mannered guy off the field, but one tough son of a gun on the field. He was all business, one tough guy to block and bring down in practice. This team needs that and Doug needs to let them know form now on, it is all business.