So much for strength of scheduling | Syracusefan.com

So much for strength of scheduling

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Florida had the toughest strength of schedule in the nation

Louisville had the 9th worst

Chatter from SEC folks, "If we're not competing for a national championship it's hard to get the guys up. You saw what happened to Alabama the year Utah beat them."

I got word from a friend at around 4 PM yesterday that someone on the Florida staff was counting his chickens before they hatched. He made a statement that they were looking forward to getting their non-starting seniors in the game early. My reply was wouldn't Louisville love to put that up on a bulletin board.

There was something cool about seeing Emmitt Smith & Tim Tebow on the Florida sidelines with that What look on their faces.

I think I enjoyed that game as much as I did our win over West Virginia. It's one of those 3-4 hour journey's into, look at the door we are knocking on now. If Louisville can tar & feather the #3 team in the country & we tar and feathered Louisville well...:) .

and there is the SEC circle jerk. Strongest schedule becuase we only play each other. We have been annointed the strongest.

Chatter from SEC folks, "If we're not competing for a national championship it's hard to get the guys up.
Funny how they wait until after the games to say that. Before the games it's "We are going to kick their ass". "Easy win"

the UF loss means nothing to SEC folks (a lot of the national media) if Bama wins the National Championship again.

According to real time RPI, Florida moved down 1 spot from 2 to 3, Louisville moved up 1 spot from 19 to 18, and we did not move at all? How does that work? Makes no sense to me.

According to real time RPI, Florida moved down 1 spot from 2 to 3, Louisville moved up 1 spot from 19 to 18, and we did not move at all? How does that work? Makes no sense to me.
not shocked. i have no clue what the algorithm of the rpi is calculated but in simple terms i imagine since louisville only moved up 1 spot, it has little impact to our average strength of schedule. it's less than .1% movement (1 spot / 13 teams played)

I'm sure this loss is somehow linked to the airplanes landing on Emmitt Smith's forehead.

I hate the SEC circle jerk because now I almost have no damn choice but to root for Notre Dame. :bang:

Some of the shine is off the SEC after their bowl performance. Really hope Pitt can be Mississippi.

Chatter from SEC folks, "If we're not competing for a national championship it's hard to get the guys up."

Maybe Dana Holgorsen does belong in the SEC.:)

It's funny because they brag like hell when one of their teams win and say that they could win that conference. Amazing how so many schools fans have to live through LSU and Bama to feel their own worth.

Just imagine if we'd have littered the out of conference schedule with the sisters of the poor and went 11-2 instead of 8-5.

Just as amazing is the total lack of or disregard for the Louisville win over Florida from many of the known tweeters..whether national media and/or the Dude etc. Isnt it interesting how they avoid subjects that do not follow their needs and philosophy.
For example, now it is no big deal because the ACC has been poor at winning bowl games over the past 5-10 years...one year doesnt matter. Yet they all were talking about how bad the ACC was this year...go figure.

Just as amazing is the total lack of or disregard for the Louisville win over Florida from many of the known tweeters..whether national media and/or the Dude etc. Isnt it interesting how they avoid subjects that do not follow their needs and philosophy.
For example, now it is no big deal because the ACC has been poor at winning bowl games over the past 5-10 years...one year doesnt matter. Yet they all were talking about how bad the ACC was this year...go figure.

And ask any Big Ten fan and they think they're near par with the SEC and they're abysmal in bowls year in and year out. I'm a Michigan man and it amazes me how disconnected from reality Big Ten fans are.

And ask any Big Ten fan and they think they're near par with the SEC and they're abysmal in bowls year in and year out. I'm a Michigan man and it amazes me how disconnected from reality Big Ten fans are.

I really believe that it has partly to do with the size of stadiums and how many fans they have.

The SEC schedules sunbelt teams Out of conference, if any other conference did that the talking heads would be all over them. The SEC is 3-3 in bowl games and 2 wins against the pathetic Big 10, one of which came on a last second TD against a prevent defense.

the SEC could be 3-5 going into the national championship game. very dismal for an elite conference, but no one will point it out. the only reason the SEC had a decent bowl record last two years is because they played the Big 10 in almost every game and the Big 10 has been dismal.