so now it's Bourama's knee again. ugh. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so now it's Bourama's knee again. ugh.

I wonder if this injury might make JB think of scouring the bottom of the sea for a big for next year. Not that this will linger into next year, just mean that JB might realize we need more depth behind BS and PC, even if it's a project. But it feels like we are done with '18 class.

We've gone after "projects" before with not a ton of success at center. I'd rather bring in a 5th year guy with some ability, but not sure we'd find anyone worth much willing to play that type of role.

He was really good in the early games and was really showing signs of being a huge help. Have to try to get him close to healthy. The other problem is if/when he gets healthy, he needs to get back up to speed. He looked completely out of sorts against Georgetown. He's not normally a spaz; in that game he was.
I have a feeling Chukwu is going to struggle against ACC competition. He go abused by Perkins inside last night and it'll only get tougher. With his penchant for fouls (luckily not last night, at least), we need Bourama badly.

Watching Perkins last night made think of what possibly Moustapha Diagne could’ve been like...sigh. They were about the same size...6’8 250.

I have a feeling Chukwu is going to struggle against ACC competition. He go abused by Perkins inside last night and it'll only get tougher. With his penchant for fouls (luckily not last night, at least), we need Bourama badly.

Probably so but I think Perkins is a real gem and could go to work against anybody. He had 23 against Pitt last year and seems really skilled as well as physical.

Probably so but I think Perkins is a real gem and could go to work against anybody. He had 23 against Pitt last year and seems really skilled as well as physical.
yeah that dude's a player - and PC actually contained him pretty well in the 1st half, without fouling too

Agree. And he can shoot it ...

Agree with Iommi -- this is a huge loss, not just for depth reasons, but also because Sidibe was a pretty damn good player, at a position where guys are often in foul trouble.

We came into the season thinking that the pivot might be a huge weakness. Instead, we got a much-improved Chukwu and a frosh who was much more ready than people expected and has a far better feel for the game than most incoming bigs. The two of them can be a formidable center tandem.

We need him back.

Wasn't it Sidibe himself who said his knee tendinitis was an old problem that he has learned to play with? He originally said that it was the ankle sprain alone that was keeping him from playing. Looks to me like JB is finding out that the knee is chronically worse than known.

Wasn't it Sidibe himself who said his knee tendinitis was an old problem that he has learned to play with? He originally said that it was the ankle sprain alone that was keeping him from playing. Looks to me like JB is finding out that the knee is chronically worse than known.
yep

Meh, at this point, I'm used to it. SU has been chronically short-handed. Rarely has JAB kept a full scholarship roster and usually there are injuries or surprise departures along the way.

Life of a college basketball fan, I guess.

Agree 100%. Imagine him trying to check someone like Lammers.

Meh, at this point, I'm used to it. SU has been chronically short-handed. Rarely has JAB kept a full scholarship roster and usually there are injuries or surprise departures along the way.

Life of a college basketball fan, I guess.

Very true but it's more glaring this year but PC is...PC. Sidibe would be a huge loss. It's not like PC is Roc and we don't have a backup. PC by himself is not sufficient. We need Marek at forward.

Agree 100%. Imagine him trying to check someone like Lammers.
I'll give him the BOTD for now. Hopefully Lammers higher center of gravity will create fewer issues for Chuwku than a 6'8 guy who's 260.

I didn't know he had chronic tendinitis but I guess it's not something his coach or Bourama would've volunteered to me (understandably) when I spoke to them. He didn't miss games at St. Benedict's to my knowledge, so if it was an issue, he did play through it (as he said) and it didn't noticeably affect his performance.

Sounds like it's flaring up now and coupled with the ankle issue...ugh.

Last edited:
I'll give him the BOTD for now. Hopefully Lammers higher center of gravity will create fewer issues for Chuwku than a 6'8 guy who's 260.
Maybe but Lammers' ability to play both away from and near the basket will give him fits. I'd be shocked if it doesn't.

Maybe but Lammers' ability to play both away from and near the basket will give him fits. I'd be shocked if it doesn't.
Me too, just trying to keep it positive. LV isn't going to be pretty either, they have two 7-footers. Duke has Bagley. UM has one. FSU has one. ACC's loaded with bigs.

I didn't know he had chronic tendinitis but I guess it's not something his coach or Bourama would've volunteered to me (understandably) when I spoke to them. He didn't miss games at St. Benedict's to my knowledge, so if it was an issue, he did play through it (as he said) and it didn't noticeably affect his performance.

Sounds like it's flairing up now and coupled with the ankle issue...ugh.
I had never heard that either. I think this has to be another issue. Hopefully his ankle can heal and he can play through tendinitis. It makes no sense for him to be practicing right now in my opinion.

In JB's defense TT left the team the day school started. It was not possible to add someone.
I know this has been discussed before but can not recall if any possibilities exist. Are there any football players that played basketball in high school. Many of these college athletes tend to play 3 or 4 sports in high school. When I see several of these big centers (more bulk than height) I think of football players. Possibly we could find someone that can give us 5 fouls and 8 to 10 min a game. PC and Marek just will not be enough as we enter the ACC season.

I know this has been discussed before but can not recall if any possibilities exist. Are there any football players that played basketball in high school. Many of these college athletes tend to play 3 or 4 sports in high school. When I see several of these big centers (more bulk than height) I think of football players. Possibly we could find someone that can give us 5 fouls and 8 to 10 min a game. PC and Marek just will not be enough as we enter the ACC season.
Dino! Send us your 7 footers! Stat!

Tendinitis is very difficult to treat as you cant just rest. Total rest will create a bigger issue. I have limited faith in the Syracuse medical staff being able to treat this properly as it is a very tricky and individual specific injury.