So stupid to unload Fredericks | Syracusefan.com

So stupid to unload Fredericks

Millhouse

Living Legend
Neal and Strickland are brutal. This offense is easy to run in. Last year they got away with chucking it up to aet. Strickland is the greatest in the world at turning six yards into two. Making an example of your only competent enough back sets them back a year

Neal and Strickland are brutal. This offense is easy to run in. Last year they got away with chucking it up to aet. Strickland is the greatest in the world at turning six yards into two. Making an example of your only competent enough back sets them back a year

In fairness to Strickland
He's better at turning 8 yards into 2

maybe they need to figure out how to not have the RB make so many line calls so they can play the FR.

Baffling the Pierre didn't see the field yesterday. I'm nowhere near the point where I begin to question Dino but I really liked what I saw from him Week 1. Hoping to see him vs CMU if our current tandem stalls again.

Baffling the Pierre didn't see the field yesterday. I'm nowhere near the point where I begin to question Dino but I really liked what I saw from him Week 1. Hoping to see him vs CMU if our current tandem stalls again.
I have one major flaw with Dinos O. He shouldn't make his RBs make the line calls. Leave it to the QB

For most teams, line assignments are usually made by the center.
I may be wrong but don't the RBs just give the play to the line they get from the sideline? I don't think they read the defense and call adjustments.

I may be wrong but don't the RBs just give the play to the line they get from the sideline? I don't think they read the defense and call adjustments.
I honestly don't know.

Have never seen a less dynamic run game anywhere - ever.
It's because this offense is in a pass mode first mentality and the lineman are on the heels all the time. You very seldom see them drive ahead right off the snap unless they know it will be a power run only.

They need to hit and drive on the 5 man sled until they puke everyday in practice.

My understanding is that they call the protection. Makes sense if you think about it, trying to go as fast as possible, the play call will usually determine the line assignments from a scheme perspective so the read will simply be the number of the front and the number in the box. Having the running back call this out and then set the protection frees up the qb to read the back 7 while that's happening. Might not seem like a big deal but when you're trying to go from snapping the ball every 30 seconds to every 20, that can be the difference.

It's because this offense is in a pass mode first mentality and the lineman are on the heels all the time. You very seldom see them drive ahead right off the snap unless they know it will be a power run only.

They need to hit and drive on the 5 man sled until they puke everyday in practice.
Wish I could like this 1,000 times

If there was a DC or Jerome ahead of him I could see not playing the Frosh but the guys we are putting on the field at RB are not a threat. good line or not. The backs do have to help the line a little bit.

I agree you can't let a guy that has proven he can be a leading rusher go. Now we have to deal.

Thoughts:
-Line up 5 wide with Erv in motion most of the time. Sometimes he is on a route sometimes he lines up at RB before the snap sometimes he takes a sweep. Spreads them out and he has always looked pretty good running the ball. 2nd string is Moe in the same role.
-Take away the line assignments role from the RB.
-Just run Chris Elmore a single back in a 4 wide spread and batter the defensive line out of their pass rush.
-Catch the ball so D has to respect the pass...

It actually shouldn't.
You don't think OL and RB can improve through repetition and time in a system?

I do, which is why I wrote what I wrote.

Are you sure you don't try to find ways to reply to my comments? How did you interpret my comment in the way you did?

I do, which is why I wrote what I wrote.

Are you sure you don't try to find ways to reply to my comments? How did you interpret my comment in the way you did?

He said "The running game will improve,it takes time."
You said "it actually shouldn't"

How did you mean it. And no - I post a lot on here without even seeing who said what. Removes biases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom