So, The Reports Yesterday Were Wrong - BE | Syracusefan.com

So, The Reports Yesterday Were Wrong - BE

The 72 hour period that the BigEast has probably is affecting this. They most likely will go out real soon this week I would expect.

not a shot at anyone here, but I am really sick of all of the Big East conference talk and adding teams. We are going to the ACC, I could totally care less what the Big East does. Go invite Hawaii and Alaska for all I care, seriously, I just don't care anymore and am sick of hearing about it. I know what the BE does effects SU's timetable I guess, but if we are here 27 months I really don't care at this point.

although i tend to agree...the unwinding of this drawn out story is interesting and somewhat meaningful to 'Cuse...we do want out earlier than 27 months...and the primary hope is that the BE brings in other teams and does not need 'Cuse and Pitt...so maybe this happens more on our time frame of NOW

although i tend to agree...the unwinding of this drawn out story is interesting and somewhat meaningful to 'Cuse...we do want out earlier than 27 months...and the primary hope is that the BE brings in other teams and does not need 'Cuse and Pitt...so maybe this happens more on our time frame of NOW

The story has become boring. It's like now watching the LATE ROUNDS of the NFL draft. Who cares who ya take, just make a pick and move on. Pick 3 or 4 schools and just end this. I mean seriously, debating over SMU, Houston, Boise, UCF, Air Force....does anyone care? Does it matter? The outcome will be the same, you losing your automatic BCS birth in 2014!

not a shot at anyone here, but I am really sick of all of the Big East conference talk and adding teams. We are going to the ACC, I could totally care less what the Big East does. Go invite Hawaii and Alaska for all I care, seriously, I just don't care anymore and am sick of hearing about it. I know what the BE does effects SU's timetable I guess, but if we are here 27 months I really don't care at this point.

Sorry but I want out ASAP. It will help the FB program a lot. The sooner we leave the sooner recruits and facilities will improve. On top of that would you rather be watching ACC FB or BE FB? We might have to travel in conference to Boise St next year. Or SMU, etc. That effects our team. Also what happens to WV and UL could effect the ACC. If the make some crazy commitment the SEC might be forced to look toward the ACC for #14. If we were to lose FSU, then ACC FB takes a serious hit. And what if BE FB dissolves? Wouldn't that help our NE recruiting if WV, RU, and UConn are not in a BCS conference? Or USF in Florida? Until the dust settles, every SU fan should pay attention.

If you don't like the posts, don't read them.
^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

This movement (not just the BE) is historic, in terms of college FB. A watershed moment (actually, watershed year and a half). If it bores you, fine. Don't read the posts. But it fascinates me, and obviously a lot of others (of course, it makes it so much easier looking on from the position we are in).

it is/was historic when you talk of Missouri, A&M, SU, Pitt, Nebraska... IT STOPS becoming historic when it has now sunk down to UCF, Navy, SMU and Houston.

Hopefully this is all over by Monday or Tuesday and we can move on.

I think we should get an expansion/realignment board like the UCONN one.. it does clutter and although you can just not read them, it may be time for a separate forum. I am not into that much either but some people love it and god bless them...

IT STOPS becoming historic when it has now sunk down to UCF, Navy, SMU and Houston.
Incorrect. It reshapes the entire landscape. 10 years ago, you would have said it stops becoming historic when it has sunk down to UConn and RU and TCU.

"could totally care less" soooooo, you care?

The story has become boring. It's like now watching the LATE ROUNDS of the NFL draft. Who cares who ya take, just make a pick and move on. Pick 3 or 4 schools and just end this. I mean seriously, debating over SMU, Houston, Boise, UCF, Air Force....does anyone care? Does it matter? The outcome will be the same, you losing your automatic BCS birth in 2014!

If you want out next year, you should be following this closely. It certainly affects whether or not we are playing Big Mess football next year or ACC. Plus, its fascinating.

Hell, all this realignment stuff is what is making all these day time soaps close up shop. Also the sooner we leave the sooner we start making more $$$

it is/was historic when you talk of Missouri, A&M, SU, Pitt, Nebraska... IT STOPS becoming historic when it has now sunk down to UCF, Navy, SMU and Houston.

It is all interconnected...those teams moving or not affect us. You should either ignore the thread or start a new one. If you don't understand the alignment process and bores you I suggest you post over at Syracuse.com until this is over. I'm sure Keith Stone and the rest can entertain you.

Is it really that hard to look at a topic title before you click it and say to yourself..."Hmmm, I don't care about that so I'm not going to read it..." ??

I think not.

Interesting that there are articles online (see NY Post) that are of the opinion that adding BSU, SMU, Houston, Navy and AFA & UCF make the BE a greater commodity than it was before in terms of TV and overall fan interest due to the markets & schools being added.

We'll see.

Interesting that there are articles online (see NY Post) that are of the opinion that adding BSU, SMU, Houston, Navy and AFA & UCF make the BE a greater commodity than it was before in terms of TV and overall fan interest due to the markets & schools being added.

We'll see.
LOL okay AlexD and if the ACC came calling to UConn they would obviously choose to stay in the Big East over the ACC. Let's see Houston after Keenum gone is still number 4 at best in Texas, SMU the same. Boise State isn't going to be able to continue to recruit stud 4 year starting QBs like Moore. Air Force really moves the needle. UCF is basically another school that is going use the Big East, but will never be better than 4th in their state constantly. I love all the talk about markets matter who do you think is more popular in the city of Houston the Texas Longhorns or the Houston Cougars? The Texas A&M Aggies or the Houston Cougars. In Dallas who is more popular the Texas Longhorn and Texas A&M Aggies or the SMU Mustangs? The Big East should offer Fordham football membership because they are in the New York market. I am glad you are happy with your new conference now we won't have to worry about UConn b*tching about not being in the ACC. The Big East is a greater commodity because they will have more conference games to sell. Go ahead with NBC/ Versus and play your games there. I will be happy with the ACC and being on ESPN. What happens to these 12 teams when WVU, Louisville get invites to the Big 12? Temple and East Carolina replace them? The Big East is now the island of misfit toys conference I am glad your happy with it.

LOL okay AlexD and if the ACC came calling to UConn they would obviously choose to stay in the Big East over the ACC. Let's see Houston after Keenum gone is still number 4 at best in Texas, SMU the same. Boise State isn't going to be able to continue to recruit stud 4 year starting QBs like Moore. Air Force really moves the needle. UCF is basically another school that is going use the Big East, but will never be better than 4th in their state constantly. I love all the talk about markets matter who do you think is more popular in the city of Houston the Texas Longhorns or the Houston Cougars? The Texas A&M Aggies or the Houston Cougars. In Dallas who is more popular the Texas Longhorn and Texas A&M Aggies or the SMU Mustangs? The Big East should offer Fordham football membership because they are in the New York market. I am glad you are happy with your new conference now we won't have to worry about UConn b*tching about not being in the ACC. The Big East is a greater commodity because they will have more conference games to sell. Go ahead with NBC/ Versus and play your games there. I will be happy with the ACC and being on ESPN. What happens to these 12 teams when WVU, Louisville get invites to the Big 12? Temple and East Carolina replace them? The Big East is now the island of misfit toys conference I am glad your happy with it.

Be nice to Alex. He comes in peace. He's a good contributor here.

You should probably send this to the NY Post since I was simply quoting their comments.

This is the point where the Big East has to make a huge move! They need to go to Notre Dame and say, here I'd the time you can save this league! For everything we have done for you, you need to step up an save this football conference! Make them a sweetheart deal and tell them they will be the Texas of the big east! Work with NBC and work out the contract to heavily favor ND! Its desperation mode here and from what I see, they want to stay in the league. Then add Memphis, UCF, temple or a Texas team if they really need to. That's the only way to make the league attractive moving forward!

You should probably send this to the NY Post since I was simply quoting their comments.

Quoting their opinion. Obviously the ACC and other conferences would disagree since none of them are knocking down the doors of those the BE is.

I think we should get an expansion/realignment board like the UCONN one.. it does clutter **** and although you can just not read them, it may be time for a separate forum. I am not into that much either but some people love it and god bless them...

and it is what WVU, Boise St and others have done...place all the realignment/expansion posts under a thread or heading called Expansion/Realignment...would be much easier to read and not clutter the other stuff