So this is it, no Roberson huh? :( | Syracusefan.com

So this is it, no Roberson huh? :(

Maybe he will get a financial aid waiver, or if he is elgible will be able to join the team in Dec/Jan?

Was thinking the same thing... Very similar to the kid from MI that never made it, right?

If he does go to prep school, he is going to be one of the top players in the country. Hopefully this doesn't attract Paypal Cal, Crean, and the like if his recruitment opens up.

Does this have to have a resolution by end of day today?

Does this have to have a resolution by end of day today?
tonight I believe is the add/drop deadline, so he would have to enroll by that deadline

What's Vegas saying on the odds that we actually hear something by the end of today?

What's Vegas saying on the odds that we actually hear something by the end of today?

I'm kinda surprised that neither Donna D nor Mike Waters have written a story about it today.

It will be resolved one way or another today. Expect news on it this afternoon. I have no idea how it'll shake out...

It's good to hear at least that much. Would love to see Tyler suit up for the Orange. He's actually the freshman I was most excited about seeing this season. I'm not holding out much hope at this point, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

So should we be worried about Tyler going somewhere else next year if he has to prep for a year?

Can you imagine how deflating that would be to find out you have prep another year at the last possible minute? This stinks.

Can you imagine how deflating that would be to find out you have prep another year at the last possible minute? This stinks.
I think you've got it backwards . . . he has been well aware of his situation and hoping for a late miracle for months now

If Tyler Roberson isn't cleared to join the team immediately I'm hoping that things shake out for him in such fashion that ultimately it's in his best interest. As a Syracuse fan I'm hoping that he still ends up wearing Orange but making sure that everything is done for Tyler to insure that his eligibility cannot be disputed at any point further down the road. It's also been mentioned here that beginning his student experience at the University with a late/delayed start might constitute a disadvantage and make the transition into a college curriculum even more difficult that it already is.

I'd assume it would be much better to not have any controversy and difficulty with respect to his qualifying and if that delays his matriculation for a semester or even a year, he could then start with having his complete focus on taking care of his academic responsibilities and beginning his collegiate basketball career on solid footing.

As to what contingencies he has in place should he not qualify is anyone's guess. I'm just hoping that whatever they may be that they are inclusive of eventually suiting up in Orange where he surely has the potential to be a special player. I'm sure that the coaching staff has done everything possible and unfortunately sometimes things are outside the realm of their control.

Im surprised people havent sued over this issue.. the lack of timing to the kids/schools is amazing and it goes on every year. It would be different if the kid they have to review appears last minute but when they have months and they are making millions you would think they could staff up to handle the problem.

Im surprised people havent sued over this issue.. the lack of timing to the kids/schools is amazing and it goes on every year. It would be different if the kid they have to review appears last minute but when they have months and they are making millions you would think they could staff up to handle the problem.

I don't think they have really had months in this case. His summer classes ended what, like a month ago?

There is often some back and forth. Maybe he was denied and he and his school have been basically appealing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So should we be worried about Tyler going somewhere else next year if he has to prep for a year?
at this point, I'd put it closer to "aware of the possibility" than actually "worried"

SU has supported and backed him fully throughout this episode . . . proven loyalty is a card that nobody else can play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom