So this is it, no Roberson huh? :( | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So this is it, no Roberson huh? :(

Ive got to say this is BS either way. If youre an institution that must vet students then you have a responsibility to do so in a timely manner. This is incompetence and there is no argument against it.

A 15 year old kid should know the courses he took in highschool would rule him inelgibe in college, thats what he gets for going to class.

About this article. Imagine this kid sitting by a computer, refreshing every 1/2 hour to wait on this "process". Then imagine them clearing him tomorrow, one day too late. Them saying no is disappointing but not terrible, if indeed he failed to qualify. But no answer at all is disgusting.

These people have to go. Let them all get cushy jobs at FIBA. You know they'd fit in just fine. ;)

We will never know.The effn bureaucracy that the NCAA has created and can't deal with has done its job and screwed Syracuse and Boeheim.he and this program has been in their sights for a very long time.That we are still a huge power sticks in their craw.They will nit pick on Syracuse basketball anytime a situation appears n their plate. At least until Jim retires and then it will be Hop's problem. His fresh clean handling might help us in that area.:p

It's wrong to keep any kid hanging like this.
Period.

That said...kids generally are recruited for their athletic ability notwithstanding academic limitations.
Kids who otherwise may not qualify for college get in.
Apparently not this time.
I don't conclude the NCAA is after SU or Jim Boeheim.

And, by the way, the NCAA's top person, Mark Emmert, is an alum.

Ive got to say this is BS either way. If youre an institution that must vet students then you have a responsibility to do so in a timely manner. This is incompetence and there is no argument against it.
I really don't think it's incompetence. That's giving them too much credit. Now, if it's purposeful, that's just messed up.

the elitism, in some of these posts, is rather disgusting I might say. You all realize that intelligence is not inherently equal for all humans correct? Perhaps he is doing the best he can and has completed what what asked as best he could. If that is the case does he not deserve a chance? The people bashing that he should have known better arent putting much thought into this point.

Let's not blame people when we know not their back round or circumstances.
oh, get off the elitism kick. nobody is "bashing" TR. The point is that maybe just maybe his current lack of eligibility is legitimate . . . he wouldn't be the first to suffer such a fate and it is not a judgement on his intelligence or his value as a person - just on his eligibility according to the rules in place.

some of our fans are so immature, they think that anything that doesn't go their way must be some nefarious plot. If I'm bashing anyone, its the spoiled, entitled, childish fans who are exhibiting about the same level of maturity as I would expect from my four year old.

And, fwiw, he still has plenty of chances and alternate routes to continue on his chosen path. If he has more maturity than some of his fans.

I can confirm this about Tyler. :)
From my "source" who knows at least three people who know him well, talked and interacted with him on at least a weekly basis:
Really nice young man. Reserved, shy disposition as most of us have assumed, but doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

On the court however, beast-like.

Suppose to be a great great kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some people in this thread think all Roberson had to do was be a model student and none of this wouldve happened. They dont understand why the other people in this thread think the NCAA is a joke.. Maybe its annoying because we all know college basketball/football is big business, lets not act like scholastics is the major focus here. From all accounts Roberson busted his a$$ to get here since he committed but due to NCAA doing whatever is they're doing, they will just have to make their $$$ off a Roberson-less Syracuse team this year. The NCAA doesnt care, they get their money anyway.

When you are a program fighting for that next title the last 6 years who just lost ao, fab melo and anthony davis to $, its understandable why some of your fans take every loss overzealously. For some of us this has nothing to do with rules or academics, we just want Roberson on the court.

I wonder how many high school students applied (had better grades than Tyler) and were rejected by SU admissions this year? Where is the outrage?!?! Oh wait...

I wonder how many high school students applied (had better grades than Tyler) and were rejected by SU admissions this year? Where is the outrage?!?! Oh wait...
If college football/basketball wasnt a revenue generator in which universities hired 1-4 year mercenaries to make them $$$ then I guess I could see the injustice..

I guess some people in this thread think all Roberson had to do was be a model student and none of this wouldve happened. They dont understand why the other people in this thread think the NCAA is a joke.. Maybe its annoying because we all know college basketball/football is big business, lets not act like scholastics is the major focus here. From all accounts Roberson busted his a$$ to get here since he committed but due to NCAA doing whatever is they're doing, they will just have to make their $$$ off a Roberson-less Syracuse team this year. The NCAA doesnt care, they get their money anyway.

hey, I think the NCAA is bad, and I have been advocating for years that the big schools should just band together and quit the Association altogether . . . but that doesn't mean they are "out to get" anyone in this case.

Suppose to be a great great kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know some people connected with RC, they say the same thing. I definitely hope this gets worked out for him.

I guess some people in this thread think all Roberson had to do was be a model student and none of this wouldve happened

Well yes, this is true. Which isn't to say the NCAA as an institution isn't corrupt and a joke, because I think they are. But if his grades were in order from the beginning this wouldn't have been an issue. Doesn't mean he's a bad kid, doesn't mean I'm putting all the blame on him, but it's true.

Did the Harrison Twins take ny summer classes? I don't know, I'm honestly asking. If they didn't, then there is basically no comparison between the two cases.

I also think what has happened, and I don't know this for sure, but I have an idea, is that basically as of right now Tyler is ineligible, and they're appealing to the NCAA

Honestly, none of this Roberson stuff shocks me too much. One of my favorite advertising professors at Newhouse had a great saying that puts debacles like this into perspective:

"Just think about how stupid the average American is. Now realize that about 50% of the population is even dumber than that."

For all we know, the staff at Roberson's school are the ones at fault.
Hope your prof credited George Carlin with that gem!

Just figured I'd share and I don't think anyone should be putting anyone else down. After all, you have gathered your own assumptions and might not have the right way of it either. I think everyone should be nice here. We are all for the same cause. Or are we? The "likes" on one of these posts is amazing. No disrespect to anyone, but some people are being a little rough.

Anyway, close person to Tyler (no, I will not divulge name, relationship, capacity) told someone I know very well the following today.
Paraphrasing, but here goes:
'He did everything he could, they (you know who) ARE dragging their feet, and this person is wondering why Tyler doesn't sue for damages. He was very upset not going up to Canada and did what was asked of him with due diligence. Just the same, he was very happy to play against pros and scored 51 points'. :)

This is not friend of a friend's dog's cousin's cat's wife. This is one person close to Tyler talking to one person close to me.
I am not looking for kudos or anything else. I just think that bashing time is not so cool, especially when some of the folks doing the bashing have absolutely no idea of anything concrete.
If you refer to my comment regarding the NCAA, I believe "assumptions" a bit weak in how I view this matter with Roberson. If word got back to those morons that a suit might befiled against them by Roberson or the school, it may well have been the catalyst to get that decision made. I don't believe for a second that the statements regarding this governing body is "too rough or far fetched. You only have to look at their history and some of our players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom