So this is it, no Roberson huh? :( | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So this is it, no Roberson huh? :(

I mean . . . you really need to question your assumptions
on the defense end then they swap with fair on offense. Grant was playing some 2 on the w0rld team before he caught mono. And Fair, grant and roberson could be our best scorers on this team while fair has the perimeter game now to play the 2 on offense. Many have said its not about size at the two defensively, even OGB himself has said that.

I have been posting that for the last 2 months why the knock now??
You don't have to single try to single me out, its not working and we are on the same side.

You called the same great call with Southerland if I might add, who was kind of a 2g for a year or two. If we didn't have devendorf and had another solid forward I wouldn't have been suprised to see nichols at the two with his ability to shoot off the bounce if he could have handled it defensively.

Maybe someone that was there or in the know can answer this. Was Tyler at the elite camp and/or currently in Syracuse? Just seen a picture online that looked like him with mcw at the melo center.

on the defense end then they swap with fair on offense. Grant was playing some 2 on the w0rld team before he caught mono. And Fair, grant and roberson could be our best scorers on this team while fair has the perimeter game now to play the 2 on offense.
I have been posting that for the last 2 months why the knock now??

You don't have to single try to single me out, its not working and we are on the same side.

Cj and Jerami will likely play 80-90% of all minutes to be had at the forward spot this year, so the loss of Tyler is not as big as you are making it out to be.

Next year however...

Fair enough. I think having tyler fair and grant on the floor together could be the difference between a national championship and elite 8, and we may never know.

Tyler has a nice quick midrange shot as his bread and butter, and would drive right by people from the perimeter all the way to the rim at will in highschool. Perimter players in college need to put those two qualities together at the college level as they can't get to the rim and score as easily as the competition gets taller stronger and faster. Thats what made people like Melo and Kemba walker so special.

Would rather see tyler with this years team as Fair will be a better perimeter shooter then anything we can offer at forward next year. And Roberson and Mccullough will both be freshmen Grant is a sophmore. Although I think Rak will suprise at PF next year just a early guess.

Theres still a slim chance that BJ can bring that multidimentionality or Gbinije learns a pullup floater in the lane though. Still, would rather wallow in pain then let this one go peacefully.:(

Fair enough. I think having tyler fair and grant on the floor together could be the difference between a national championship and elite 8, and we may never know.

Tyler has a nice quick midrange shot as his bread and butter, and would drive right by people from the perimeter all the way to the rim at will in highschool. Perimter players in college need to put those two qualities together at the college level as they can't get to the rim and score as easily as the competition gets taller stronger and faster. Thats what made people like Melo and Kemba walker so special.

Would rather see tyler with this years team as Fair will be a better perimeter shooter then anything we can offer at forward next year. And Roberson and Mccullough will both be freshmen Grant is a sophmore. Although I think Rak will suprise at PF next year just a early guess.

Would rather wallow in pain then let this one go peacefully.:(
We will never know.The effn bureaucracy that the NCAA has created and can't deal with has done its job and screwed Syracuse and Boeheim.he and this program has been in their sights for a very long time.That we are still a huge power sticks in their craw.They will nit pick on Syracuse basketball anytime a situation appears n their plate. At least until Jim retires and then it will be Hop's problem. His fresh clean handling might help us in that area.:p

Just figured I'd share and I don't think anyone should be putting anyone else down. After all, you have gathered your own assumptions and might not have the right way of it either. I think everyone should be nice here. We are all for the same cause. Or are we? The "likes" on one of these posts is amazing. No disrespect to anyone, but some people are being a little rough.

Anyway, close person to Tyler (no, I will not divulge name, relationship, capacity) told someone I know very well the following today.
Paraphrasing, but here goes:
'He did everything he could, they (you know who) ARE dragging their feet, and this person is wondering why Tyler doesn't sue for damages. He was very upset not going up to Canada and did what was asked of him with due diligence. Just the same, he was very happy to play against pros and scored 51 points'. :)

This is not friend of a friend's dog's cousin's cat's wife. This is one person close to Tyler talking to one person close to me.
I am not looking for kudos or anything else. I just think that bashing time is not so cool, especially when some of the folks doing the bashing have absolutely no idea of anything concrete.

The issue at this point is pretty much if the class(es?) he took this summer qualify as core classes.

He did everything he could.

except, you know, completing all the necessary coursework on time

the easy way out is to deflect blame to a remote, faceless entity that will not speak for itself

what I am saying is that perhaps the assumption that anyone was "screwed" should be re-examined

wise people constantly re-examine their assumptions, especially when things don't go exactly as anticipated . . .

Just figured I'd share and I don't think anyone should be putting anyone else down. After all, you have gathered your own assumptions and might not have the right way of it either. I think everyone should be nice here. We are all for the same cause. Or are we? The "likes" on one of these posts is amazing. No disrespect to anyone, but some people are being a little rough.

Anyway, close person to Tyler (no, I will not divulge name, relationship, capacity) told someone I know very well the following today.
Paraphrasing, but here goes:
'He did everything he could, they (you know who) ARE dragging their feet, and this person is wondering why Tyler doesn't sue for damages. He was very upset not going up to Canada and did what was asked of him with due diligence. Just the same, he was very happy to play against pros and scored 51 points'. :)

This is not friend of a friend's dog's cousin's cat's wife. This is one person close to Tyler talking to one person close to me.
I am not looking for kudos or anything else. I just think that bashing time is not so cool, especially when some of the folks doing the bashing have absolutely no idea of anything concrete.

Your friend is 1/2 right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except, you know, completing all the necessary coursework on time

the easy way out is to deflect blame to a remote, faceless entity that will not speak for itself

what I am saying is that perhaps the assumption that anyone was "screwed" should be re-examined

wise people constantly re-examine their assumptions, especially when things don't go exactly as anticipated . . .

Agree 100%. Had he done what he needed to in the required 4 years, he would have been fine.

Do we know when the summer classes ended? End of July-ish?

Just from what I have heard, Tyler was REALLY far behind academically when he got to RC. I'm not going to blame him 100% for that, he must have really gotten a poor education prior to that

Not trying to sound right, or logical. Just showing anger instead of tolerance for being screwed.

If one of the "clearing people" was a diehard Cuse fan do you think its possible we get a awnser last week?Like the harrison twins at kentucky did?
I am curious when the last time this exact circumstance happened to a duke, unc or uk recruit.
What if their recruits handed in grades as late as Roberson, do they get someone to move the papers to the top of the pile?

These circumstances do occur - I can think of one kid we recruited (didn't go here) who went through something similar because of how often he transferred. The schools can apply pressure - that's about it. It's somewhat effective - prolly just like you calling a customer service center though, depends on how you approach it and who you speak to.

Your friend is 1/2 right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, here's to hope!
eabe_half_full_optimist_glass.jpg

the elitism, in some of these posts, is rather disgusting I might say. You all realize that intelligence is not inherently equal for all humans correct? Perhaps he is doing the best he can and has completed what what asked as best he could. If that is the case does he not deserve a chance? The people bashing that he should have known better arent putting much thought into this point.

Let's not blame people when we know not their back round or circumstances.

the elitism, in some of these posts, is rather disgusting I might say. You all realize that intelligence is not inherently equal for all humans correct? Perhaps he is doing the best he can and has completed what what asked as best he could. If that is the case does he not deserve a chance? The people bashing that he should have known better arent putting much thought into this point.

Let's not blame people when we know not their back round or circumstances.
I can confirm this about Tyler. :)
From my "source" who knows at least three people who know him well, talked and interacted with him on at least a weekly basis:
Really nice young man. Reserved, shy disposition as most of us have assumed, but doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

On the court however, beast-like.

Do we know when the summer classes ended? End of July-ish?

Just from what I have heard, Tyler was REALLY far behind academically when he got to RC. I'm not going to blame him 100% for that, he must have really gotten a poor education prior to that
I mentioned in another thread that I think this has more to do with his prior education at Union High, than it does with Roselle. I'm sure the academic staff at RC did all what they could do to try and get him on track to qualify, but who knows how bad his transcripts from Union High were that could be causing all of the delay.

I mentioned in another thread that I think this has more to do with his prior education at Union High, than it does with Roselle. I'm sure the academic staff at RC did all what they could do to try and get him on track to qualify, but who knows how bad his transcripts from Union High were that could be causing all of the delay.

I think there is probably a lot of truth to that, if he was in better shape coming to RC he may not have needed all the summer classes to qualify

Hey could you clear the Harrison twins for me this weekend, and while you are at it not clear Tyler Roberson from Syracuse? I will give you half of what I gave him.
Thanks in advance.
9d854041-924f-3388-913f-ed39654b3903

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom