So tired of Gonzaga | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So tired of Gonzaga

You just described Kansas as well.

Gonzaga is legit. They didn’t play like garbage and choke. They got beat in a tight game against a really good team.
This isn’t the NBA where it’s best of 7 and the better team wins.
Gonzaga is one of the best teams in the nation.
kansas actually does something with those great seeds

kansas actually does something with those great seeds
Kansas has been a top 4 seed every year since 2001.

2001...4...Sweet Sixteen

2002...1...Final Four

2003...2...National Runner-up

2004...4...Elite Eight

2005...3...1st Round

2006...4...1st Round

2007...1...Elite Eight

2008...1...National Champions

2009...3...Sweet Sixteen

2010...1...2nd Round

2011...1...Elite Eight

2012...2...National Runner-up

2013...1...Sweet Sixteen

2014...2...2nd Round

2015...2...2nd Round

2016...1 seed overall....Elite Eight

2017...1 seed...Elite Eight

2018...1 seed...Final Four

2019... 4 seed...Second round

Gonzaga doesn’t have the NC but they really only choked in 2013.
They have met expectations almost every year.

Kansas has been a top 4 seed every year since 2001.

2001...4...Sweet Sixteen

2002...1...Final Four

2003...2...National Runner-up

2004...4...Elite Eight

2005...3...1st Round

2006...4...1st Round

2007...1...Elite Eight

2008...1...National Champions

2009...3...Sweet Sixteen

2010...1...2nd Round

2011...1...Elite Eight

2012...2...National Runner-up

2013...1...Sweet Sixteen

2014...2...2nd Round

2015...2...2nd Round

2016...1 seed overall...Elite Eight

2017...1 seed...Elite Eight

2018...1 seed...Final Four

2019... 4 seed...Second round

Gonzaga doesn’t have the NC but they really only choked in 2013.
They have met expectations almost every year.
oookay. i see a bunch of final fours, nc games, a championship

gonzaga has one final four and one nc game appearance

oookay. i see a bunch of final fours, nc games, a championship

gonzaga has one final four and one nc game appearance
Gonzaga has 3 Elite Eights in the last 5 years.
Sweet 16 the last 5 years.
The last 10 years they have won atleast 1 NCAA tournament game.

You want more. They need a title but the program is legit.

We did lose one like that; Moten (?) technical vs Arkansas for calling a timeout when none were left.
yup i remember. and i remember the majority of the blame going at jb. (and, yes, i remember him responding by throwing moten under the bus, too)

I would go after Few if I was in the SU AD. You need an established, highly successful guy to follow someone like Boeheim. It's too much pressure for a new or newish coach.

you just know if syracuse ever lost behind a bonehead technical like that, most of the blame here would be on the hc's head
Oh, I know nothing about the game. I just like ripping on Few. #hatersgottahate

People don't get how hard it is to win the NCAAs. One bad game and you're out. Look at Carolina last night. They couldn't hit a bucket to save their lives and got out run by Auburn; a good team themselves.

People don't get how hard it is to win the NCAAs. One bad game and you're out. Look at Carolina last night. They couldn't hit a bucket to save their lives and got out run by Auburn; a good team themselves.
If people think this year’s Gonzaga team is overrated then the entire sport is overrated.
They are one of the best teams in the nation and lost to a damn good team today.

And I don’t believe anyone blamed that on the HC.
It was on Moten.

I remember a lot of people blaming JB claiming he didnt remind the players during the previous time out that we had none left.

One game and you win. I don't see how the format of this tournament makes it harder to win

They don’t deserve their seeds playing in that conference I don’t care who they scheduled OOC.

They don’t deserve their seeds playing in that conference I don’t care who they scheduled OOC.

If you seed them too low how is that fair for the higher seeded teams in their group? Especially given that they are playing to their seed level as of now (no matter how much Millhouse completely ignores that fact over and over)

I will always bet against Gonzaga and any other highly seeded Mid-major in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 for one reason, regardless of how good they are on the metrics. They just spent over 2 months not being tested on how they will execute at the end of a game under pressure. P5 teams are finding out what they are made of every road game in conference through January and February and in their conference tournament. There is no substitution for the confidence gained by that kind of repetitive experience. When you find yourself in a rock fight at the end of a game, I'll bet on a team that's been throwing rocks relentlessly for the last 3 months over a team that's hardly ever had to do it.

If you seed them too low how is that fair for the higher seeded teams in their group? Especially given that they are playing to their seed level as of now (no matter how much Millhouse completely ignores that fact over and over)
How is that a fact? The odds of one or two seeds making a final four compared to how many they have actually made doesn't add up to me

They should have more than one.

How is that a fact? The odds of one or two seeds making a final four compared to how many they have actually made doesn't add up to me

They have been a 1 seed 3 times.
They lost in the second round to Wichita State who themselves went to the Final Four in 2013.
In 2017 they were a 1 seed and lost in the NC game.
This year they were a 1 seed and lost in the Elite 8.

So they choked in 2013. Made the final four the second time and this year lost to a damn good Texas Tech team in a 55/45 game.
Let’s go thru their other recent seasons.
Last year they were a 4 seed and in the Sweet 16.
2016 they were an 11 seed and lost to Syracuse in the Sweet 16.
2015 they were a 2 seed and lost in the Elite 8 to the eventual NC Duke team.
2014 they were an 8 seed and lost in the second round.

This decade Gonzaga has met expectations of their seed every tournament except 2013 they lost second round as a 1 seed and this year 2019 they were a 1 seed and lost in the Elite 8.

The routinely identify/scout/develop guys outside the Top 100 that become excellent four-year guys. Rarely get high-end/Top 50 talent. It's incredible what they do and should be commended.

It’s the same discussion about every mid major that earns a high seed every year. They have to make the final four or they’re considered a fraud. Which isn’t the standard for any Power Five team ever but whatever.

They’ve been a two seed twice. A one seed three times.

So twenty percent.

yup i remember. and i remember the majority of the blame going at jb. (and, yes, i remember him responding by throwing moten under the bus, too)
I remember a lot of people blaming JB claiming he didnt remind the players during the previous time out that we had none left.

I remember a college friend i hadn’t talked to in years calling to let me know what a horrible game coach JB was, & how he’d never win the big one...and he wasn’t alone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom