So to summarize | Syracusefan.com

So to summarize

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
We have an individual making allegations.

The University investigated in 2005 for four months and found no proof.

Outside the Lines declined to run with the story because they could find no proof.

Could go either way.

I feel a tiny bit better but even if no proof is found this will dog the program all season. Also, my gut feeling is where there is smoke...hope I'm wrong.

Yeah. This isn't going to end well. If this is all true, we just have to remember that the rights of individuals trump sports and entertainment.

Outside the Lines declined to run with the story because they could find no proof.

Could go either way.

I feel a tiny bit better but even if no proof is found this will dog the program all season. Also, my gut feeling is where there is smoke...hope I'm wrong.

And the PS.

Could go either way.

you're leaving out one big part

a second person came forward. that's why this all got reopened

you're leaving out one big part

a second person came forward. that's why this all got reopened

Definitely, always something strange about Bernie for sure..
This isn't good at all but as long as there isnt some university cover up then su will survive. I have very little doubt that this is true and that More will step forward at least a few.

Could go either way.

This sounds just like the posts I read from Penn State fans trying to justify what Sandusky did...

ESPN's now reporting it's the original accuser's stepbrother.
Seems like two guys trying to set up a financial windfall on the heels of the PSU scandal, because they knew it would get major media attention.

where was he in '05? was he questioned by espn at that time? The Post Standard?

Seems like two guys trying to set up a financial windfall on the heels of the PSU scandal, because they knew it would get major media attention.

Im leaning towards this being the case too. If the PSU thing doesnt happen then this probably doesnt happen.

where was he in '05? was he questioned by espn at that time? The Post Standard?

That's a key question. Also, what was his relation to Bernie? Also a ballboy, program hanger on, etc.?

Fine needs to be suspended immediately pending investigation of the charges. But this sickens me.

No doubt about it . A couple of scumbags trying to make a buck . May the Cuse rath come down on them !!!! They should be put in prison , when they are found to be frauds !

This sounds just like the posts I read from Penn State fans trying to justify what Sandusky did...

Huh?

All I pointed out is that on one hand there are allegations and on the other hand, SU, OTL, and the PS have not found proof.

I think there is probably something there and said "where there is smoke..."

How am I justifying anything at all?

No doubt about it . A couple of scumbags trying to make a buck . May the Cuse rath come down on them !!!! They should be put in prison , when they are found to be frauds !

Let's take a step back on that one. We don't know what actually happened. Let's carry ourselves with poise and reason here.

Hmmmm.
Original accuser traveled with Bernie Fine to Hawaii & the Final 4 in New Orleans (among other trips).
He arrived before Bernie's family.
He stayed in Bernie's room.
He says Jim Boeheim saw him lounging on Bernie's bed.
In 2003 the Syracuse police detective contacted by the accuser supposedly knew who the alleged abuser was before the accuser
even mentioned his name.
And there's little financial motive for the guy to lie because so many years have gone by
the statute of limitations on a civil suit seems to have lapsed.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

the guys mother said tonight that he didn't fly anywhere with Syracuse.

It's not out of the question to make accusations like this for gain. I know people who've been in divorce court and had their spouses accuse them of child sex abuse.

Heck a few weeks ago social services showed up on my buddies door step because his ex-wife accused him of physical abuse against his girls (they're in a custody dispute). Complete BS but all it takes is an accusation and they turn it into a witch hunt and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hmmmm.
Original accuser traveled with Bernie Fine to Hawaii & the Final 4 in New Orleans (among other trips).
He arrived before Bernie's family.
He stayed in Bernie's room.
He says Jim Boeheim saw him lounging on Bernie's bed.
In 2003 the Syracuse police detective contacted by the accuser supposedly knew who the alleged abuser was before the accuser
even mentioned his name.
And there's little financial motive for the guy to lie because so many years have gone by
the statute of limitations on a civil suit seems to have lapsed.

Something is very wrong with this picture.
Not doubting you, but where did you get these items?

Not doubting you, but where did you get these items?

Mark Schwarz's report on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s

The statute of limitations portions is not in ESPN's piece.
That's my understanding of New York State law.
But the basics can be found here:

http://bettiandassociates.com/reporting-sex-abuse/sex-abuse-statute-of-liminitations/

And it is possible that if abuse took place in other states that causes of action could still exist.

Once again, he says jb saw him lying on a bed. What if JB says he didn't? He says he was in hawaii and New orleans. His mother says he didn't fly with the team.