So to summarize | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So to summarize

Huh?

All I pointed out is that on one hand there are allegations and on the other hand, SU, OTL, and the PS have not found proof.

I think there is probably something there and said "where there is smoke..."

How am I justifying anything at all?

That's the problem Dick. PSU set the bar to levels so beyond comprehension that if you even say shouldn't we wait to see how much of this is true, then you probably get labeled a sex offender.

Dan Wetzel tweeted "Worth noting, big difference between police starting an investigation and a grand jury presentment". He's probably being asked to leave his neighborhood.

Hmmmm.
Original accuser traveled with Bernie Fine to Hawaii & the Final 4 in New Orleans (among other trips).
He arrived before Bernie's family.
He stayed in Bernie's room.
He says Jim Boeheim saw him lounging on Bernie's bed.
In 2003 the Syracuse police detective contacted by the accuser supposedly knew who the alleged abuser was before the accuser
even mentioned his name.

Not saying it did or did not happen, but at this point these are merely allegations. Can't say one way or the other if they are really true.

I was originally taking everything at face value, but truthfully the fact that three separate entities investigated and found no proof has given me pause. There could be more here than meets the eye, but there could just as easily be less too.

I'm going to take a step back and move to the neutral column until more actually comes out.

This sounds just like the posts I read from Penn State fans trying to justify what Sandusky did...
BS.

Show me one PSU post that talks about ESPN learning about the allegations but not finding justification to run the story?

Right now, we're not even in the same neighborhood as PSU.

Seems like two guys trying to set up a financial windfall on the heels of the PSU scandal, because they knew it would get major media attention.

Exactly.

Hmmmm.
Original accuser traveled with Bernie Fine to Hawaii & the Final 4 in New Orleans (among other trips).
He arrived before Bernie's family.
He stayed in Bernie's room.
He says Jim Boeheim saw him lounging on Bernie's bed.
In 2003 the Syracuse police detective contacted by the accuser supposedly knew who the alleged abuser was before the accuser
even mentioned his name.
And there's little financial motive for the guy to lie because so many years have gone by
the statute of limitations on a civil suit seems to have lapsed.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Are you sure about that? It seems to me the Catholic Church has been settling sex-abuse lawsuits in droves over the past decade, for things that took place a long time ago.

But I have no idea what the CIVIL statute of limitations are on events like these. Criminal statute seems to have lapsed, civil I'm not so sure.

So back in 1987 the 13-year-old ball boy travels with the team to New Orleans for the Final Four. Who does the 13 year old stay with? JB? Sherman Douglas? Does he get his own room?

So JB says he saw the kid lounging on Bernie's bed. Should have he been sitting on a straight-back chair? Should he have been sitting on the floor? Did JB say whether the kid was clothed? Were the sheets mussed up? Depending upon those answers maybe we'd be in a better position to say whether this should have raised suspicions in JB's mind or maybe it was just a 13-year-old kid staying in the Assistant Coach's room during a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join the team as it competed for the National Championship.

I have no idea how this will play out. But I'll reserve judgement until it does play out. If Bernie is found to have done the things his accuser says he did he needs to be fired immediately. If he is found to be guilty of any additional molestations more recently he needs to go to jail. If there was a coverup involving JB then JB needs to be fired. But that frankly doesn't look to be the case based on what we know so far.

This news makes me sick, but aside from the fact that a coach is being accused of sexually abusing a boy the facts as we currently know them are very, very different from the situation at Penn State.

So Bobby Davis was abused, investigation was done, Bobby names others who would back him up. Certainly one of those "others" must have been his step brother, who apparently denied in 2005 that anything took place.
Now step brother is saying something did take place?

We have an individual making allegations.

The University investigated in 2005 for four months and found no proof.

Outside the Lines declined to run with the story because they could find no proof.

Could go either way.

Espn reporter mark Schwartz said that espn did not run story in 2005 because they could not find a corroborating witness. Now, it appears that someone else is coming forward .

I feel a tiny bit better but even if no proof is found this will dog the program all season. Also, my gut feeling is where there is smoke...hope I'm wrong.