So very happy for Terrel Hunt | Syracusefan.com

So very happy for Terrel Hunt

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
alg-terrel-hunt-jpg.jpg

I'll never forget this picture and the story that went with it. Terrel you have made yourself and your mamma proud!

Click

Last edited:
Every time I see T succeed on the field I can't help but think that he has his Mom close to him in his heart. He would be my favorite even if he never cracked the starting team.

I was in the stands after the Texas Bowl game and there were only about 10 players that came out to shake fans' hands. THunt was one of them. He seemed to be quietly enjoying the win.

This kid is a competitor with heart. You don't need to be the next Donovan McNabb to capture the trust of your team and the hearts of your fan base.

I'm all for Terrell Hunt. I had my doubts, serious doubts with him, but this is his team.

Well said. Very proud of him and happy to see him have that success at the end of the year. Let's hope he can continue to make strides because it's important to have a QB that has the trust and respect of his teammates.

It'll be big to have some stability at Qb again. It's clearly his team now. It will be interesting to see if there's any competition at qb,or Hunt is named starter from day one. To me, he's the man. I swear,the last two games he really threw some nice balls. Catches or not,he was solid in his throws .

It'll be big to have some stability at Qb again. It's clearly his team now. It will be interesting to see if there's any competition at qb,or Hunt is named starter from day one. To me, he's the man. I swear,the last two games he really threw some nice balls. Catches or not,he was solid in his throws .
Just needs to work hard on that long ball.

If he develops some touch, watch out.
That's kind of the rub isn't it? Hunt's long ball just isn't there. If we're going to compete for 8 or 9 win seasons we need to make teams defend the whole field. I love Hunt's story and am rooting for him to succeed.

I was in the stands after the Texas Bowl game and there were only about 10 players that came out to shake fans' hands. THunt was one of them. He seemed to be quietly enjoying the win.

Hunt was indeed the last player to leave the field, ignoring a team manager's urgent requests to get him off the field so he could sign one more autograph and pose for one more picture with the SU fans in the area. Good kid.

That's kind of the rub isn't it? Hunt's long ball just isn't there. If we're going to compete for 8 or 9 win seasons we need to make teams defend the whole field. I love Hunt's story and am rooting for him to succeed.
I've been told they have been & will continue to be hard at work work him on that aspect of his game.

It's not so black and white. He did make some good deep throws. this year

It was really weird.. I was down on Hunt all the way up to the BC game... Something seemed to click right around the Pitt/BC game for him on downfield throws. He didn't light the world on fire, but the throw to Cornelius in the Pitt game, followed by the throws in the BC game and his game really appears to be developing well over the course of the season. He doesn't have the arm strength of a world burner, but his reads downfield are what seems to be progressing nicely. Every one of his overthrows to guys in the BC game and Minn game were the correct reads. Not to mention, in the BC and Minn game, his pull downs were much more timely. I'm actually high on Hunt going into next season. If he can continue to progress, our talented recruits will get a full year to redshirt and develop. Things are looking up at the QB position.

It's not so black and white. He did make some good deep throws. this year
Yes he did occasionally make some good deep throws - not nearly as many as he missed. I can hit a couple decent shots every 18 holes of golf but it doesn't mean I'm a proficient golfer. At this level, in this league he needs to become a more consistent threat with the intermediate to long throws. I don't think it's overly critical to state this it seems rather obvious this was the weakest part of his game. I hope he does improve in this department I am rooting for him personally and I want a better team next year. Getting more consistent will help both outcomes.

Seem's to throw the Long ball better to his left than right and middle, Some of those long throws down the right sideline are baffleing to me, I ask what is he aiming at? Their 15 to 20 ' High and 5-10 yds deeper. Where is his vision?

Sure, Hunt can add consistency to his mid to deep throws, but he improved, and you have to consider what else he brings. He was our second best rusher. MVP against BC and in the bowl win. Leadership. Has the respect of the team. Owns the QB position and gives us hope to improve in 2014 and 2015.

I think he makes good deep throws when receivers are crossing the field and he has to put zip on the ball. Where he struggles is when receivers are going vertical and he has to drop the ball in on them. When that's the case, his passes are too flat. He needs to learn how to put some air under the ball. I watched the replay and the ESPN guys kept saying something about Hunt getting his elbow up, so it may just be some mechanics that he can focus on this offseason.

Sure, Hunt can add consistency to his mid to deep throws, but he improved, and you have to consider what else he brings. He was our second best rusher. MVP against BC and in the bowl win. Leadership. Has the respect of the team. Owns the QB position and gives us hope to improve in 2014 and 2015.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm optimistic that he will work hard to improve his throws. However, I want more than a plucky QB with a great backstory--I want W's and not to get destroyed 3x a year in conference. This year was a great building year for Hunt and he seems to have the makeup to improve and leadership and athleticism--all good things. I hope this is the floor for him and not the ceiling.

I'm in the boat of hunt's long throws being fine. It certainly isn't arm strength. He should continue to improve with more reps, better wr play, and more confidence. Anything is an upgrade over nassib's rainbows

I'm in the boat of hunt's long throws being fine. It certainly isn't arm strength. He should continue to improve with more reps, better wr play, and more confidence. Anything is an upgrade over nassib's rainbows

Yeah, "anything is an upgrade" over that Nassib guy - the guy whose "rainbows" set the SU records for total passing yards, pass completions, and passing yards per game, and is only the 4th QB ever in the history of the BE to pass for more than 9000 yards. That guy.

Ridiculous post

Yeah, "anything is an upgrade" over that Nassib guy - the guy whose "rainbows" set the SU records for total passing yards, pass completions, and passing yards per game, and is only the 4th QB ever in the history of the BE to pass for more than 9000 yards. That guy.

Ridiculous post[/quote

No, you misinterpreted what I said and got too personal. I said i didn't like nassib's long throws. That's a fair criticism. Fair to disagree too, though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom