So we've lost 3 DL's in the last week | Syracusefan.com

So we've lost 3 DL's in the last week

Can Elmore play both ways? May need him a few snaps at DT.

In the hopes that all freshman DL redshirt you got:

DT: Slayton, Williams, Samuels, Ruff, Grosvenor
DE: Coleman, Black, Pickard, Berry

Yikes. Need more DL depth stat. That's scary...

It's going to be the same as last season

Unfortunately. If the BS with Steven didn't happen then I think we would be solid enough on the DL. Luckily the LB core, and secondary will be improved. Year 2 of the Dino offense, so we can out score folks. Too bad our schedule is brutal.

Unfortunately. If the BS with Steven didn't happen then I think we would be solid enough on the DL. Luckily the LB core, and secondary will be improved. Year 2 of the Dino offense, so we can out score folks. Too bad our schedule is brutal.
I like the fact we have 3 senior LB's who all had over 100 tackles during a season. Thats gonna help the D line out. We have to find some pass rushers. Hoping Berry steps up. Maybe Walton can be used as a LB/DE hybrid and provide some edge rushing for us.

Someone find me a Senior DL buried on an SEC depth chart STAT! We need to perform an emergency grad transfer operation or this D-Line is gonna Flat Line!

Someone find me a Senior DL buried on an SEC depth chart STAT! We need to perform an emergency grad transfer operation or this D-Line is gonna Flat Line!
How is someone who is stuck in the depths of SEC depth chart going to improve our defensive line? A third stringer from the SEC, especially as a senior, is no upgrade over Coleman and Black, who had their moments last year.

Clark was one of the few guys we had on either side of the ball in the trenches who had the physical tools to match up with top teams. When he went head to head with the Clemsons / FSUs / Louisvilles, he looked like he belonged and wasn't overmatched.

It is going to be difficult to replace that. Here's hoping that Ruff, Williams, Grosveneur et al can rise to the occasion and give us some quality platoon depth.

We need bodies. Even if they are 4th or 5th best. Gotta have 10 DL in the rotation IMO. Keep guys fresh and healthy.

How is someone who is stuck in the depths of SEC depth chart going to improve our defensive line? A third stringer from the SEC, especially as a senior, is no upgrade over Coleman and Black, who had their moments last year.

DEPTH Play 2nd string in the ACC or 4th string in the SEC?

No one will.
Just to be clear here, we're talking SEC Grad transfers coming to the orange, right? - And not players leaving the Orange for other opportunities?

Just to be clear here, we're talking SEC Grad transfers coming to the orange, right? - And not players leaving the Orange for other opportunities?
Yep. Every team's roster is pretty much set for the season, barring injury, etc.

Yep. Every team's roster is pretty much set for the season, barring injury, etc.
Thx. Was reading your post all wrong holding out hope that Steven won't transfer, but will be able to finish what he started at SU after a redshirt year.

This would be coupled, of course, with the voluntary (or forced) retirement of all members of the medical team who had anything to do with this cluster#@+k.

Thx. Was reading your post all wrong holding out hope that Steven won't transfer, but will be able to finish what he started at SU after a redshirt year.

This would be coupled, of course, with the voluntary (or forced) retirement of all members of the medical team who had anything to do with this cluster#@+k.
Steven won't be able to finish. No matter what happens, his football career at Syracuse is over.

What really concerns me is that the Tampa 2 defense relies heavily on the front 4 being able to pressure the QB, and dropping 7 in coverage. With our depth and skill at LB, I wonder if it's too late to consider a 3-4?

What really concerns me is that the Tampa 2 defense relies heavily on the front 4 being able to pressure the QB, and dropping 7 in coverage. With our depth and skill at LB, I wonder if it's too late to consider a 3-4?
There's not an NT on the roster right now that can play in a 3-4 scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom