So what do you really think of the hashtag Be the Alpha | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what do you really think of the hashtag Be the Alpha

It's common? Boo.

Then all the more reason to get rid of it and do something different.

Okay. I'm done ranting about this

Just happy to have our next commitment
Is there a problem with being an Alpha?

You obviously don't follow twitter. Orange isn't uniquely equated with SU by prospects, fans or schools. Just look at our resident Clemson fan gbo. ;)
I mean, it's more equated than alpha.

Is there a problem with being an Alpha?
Just something doesn't sit right with me about the statement. All these guys walking around thinking they are the "Alpha" dog.

Fine ...i guess. You have to have an attitude that you are going to dominate and win on the field, I get it. But if you are the Alpha, and you are the Alpha, and you are the Alpha, does it really make anyone the Alpha?

And why does somoene committing to a school bring out the mantra? Use it in the weight room, fine. Use it to psych yourself up on the field, fine. What does committing to a school have anything to do with you being the Alpha or not? Anyone can make a pledge.

Strikes me as a tad juvenile (I'm sorry. I used the word) And particularly when it comes from recruiters and coaches.

Just answering a question. I know my posts come across more abrasive than what I intend sometimes. I just believe that sometimes we should shine a light on things.

Don't mean to make mountain out of a mole hill, Mark. Again, just answering a question and having a discussion

I like it. Challenges 3 and 4 star kids to deviate from bigger programs and make their own fame and legacy at SU. Take the path less traveled, forge your own fame. Be the alpha.
Can also see it from that perspective, and that's completely valid ...

Can also see it from that perspective, and that's completely valid ...
Thats the first impression I got/what i hope it means

I would submit that Orange is the New Fast is superior to Be The Alpha. The use of Orange is unique to us and differentiating, and it also played off a common phrase made more popular by a television programme that entered the zeitgeist at the time. Be The Alpha lacks differentiation, and carries some politically charged stigma.

Also, I tried to write that in the most pretentious sounding way possible. I award myself 5 points.

Playing off a Netflix show title about a women’s prison? Not really that inspiring. At least the prison is in upstate New York.

Playing off a Netflix show title about a women’s prison? Not really that inspiring. At least the prison is in upstate New York.
But, like, the zeitgeist, man.

Top 10 Rejected Hashtags # for 2019 recruits:

1. #Getting SeatbacksSoon
2. #CNYsTeam
3. #PartyLikeIts1959
4. #SnowITNF
5. #WeLuv2Stars
6. #ColumboWentHere
7. #NotRankedSince2001
8. #TheresAlwaysSUBasketball
9. #JockItchCentral
10. #GreatUniforms
Can't believe there is actually a thread on people not liking the hash tags. I like your post better. Reminds me of a David Letterman Top Ten. Late night hasn't been the same since he retired. There are some good ones there. How about #TheLittleEngineThatCouldn't. #TheExpressMart. #GiveMeTroughsorGiveMeDeath
#I'dRatherSitOnPlatinumThanWearIt

So we’ve reached the point of a thread discussing whether we like a hashtag or not.

I for one think it’s cool that this staff is so on top of the social media game, PR, hype vids, etc. At the very least, like them or not, they are FAR superior to the previous staffs attempts at this kind of thing.

So we’ve reached the point of a thread discussing whether we like a hashtag or not.

I for one think it’s cool that this staff is so on top of the social media game, PR, hype vids, etc. At the very least, like them or not, they are FAR superior to the previous staffs attempts at this kind of thing.
You can blalme this thread on me. There was too much clutter in the Rondi thread about hashtags so I moved all the posts here. I Prefer to give the kid his thread without all this other "stuff".

I think its better than #LaFamilia... Is this Syracuse or a Fast and Furious sequel? Corny.

I think its better than #LaFamilia... Is this Syracuse or a Fast and Furious sequel? Corny.
That's a good joke. A really good joke. Well done.

I don't like it either, honestly. But it's something that Babers says a lot

Last edited:
I think #FastandFurious would be great! It's on brand.

“These kids today with the Twitter, and the MyFace, and the hashtags...I tell ya what”!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom