So what happens now with Babers? | Syracusefan.com

So what happens now with Babers?

RF2044

Living Legend
Does he pack up, leave Ohio, and get to work at SU immediately? Or does he coach BG in their bowl game?

I expect the former, but haven't seen anything implied.

He does not coach bowl game he starts immediately.

Came out earlier today. He's starting at SU immediately. Their DC, Brian Ward, is coaching the bowl game.

Does he pack up, leave Ohio, and get to work at SU immediately? Or does he coach BG in their bowl game?

I expect the former, but haven't seen anything implied.
They said no bowl earlier today.

He better be on the road recruiting next week right after meeting with the team for the first time Monday. He only has until the end of the week until the dead period goes into effect.

he has a week to recruit right? he has 2 tasks right off the bat, try to keep the recruits he wants, and put together a staff. easy, lol.

so does Babers show up to Tuesday's hoops game vs. Colgate or wait until a more high profile game like UNC?

so does Babers show up to Tuesday's hoops game vs. Colgate or wait until a more high profile game like UNC?

I would think he is announced at halftime of the Colgate game.

I think he should take this week and focus entirely on recruiting, don't worry about staff yet. Have a couple of lines ready when he talks to recruits about the type of coaches he will hire, yada, yada. Number 1 priority is settling everybody down and getting a couple of key flips before the dark period for next month.

He can think about staff, but don't waste precious time this weke interviewing staff.

I think he should take this week and focus entirely on recruiting, don't worry about staff yet. Have a couple of lines ready when he talks to recruits about the type of coaches he will hire, yada, yada. Number 1 priority is settling everybody down and getting a couple of key flips before the dark period for next month.

He can think about staff, but don't waste precious time this weke interviewing staff.

The more staff he hires more quickly the faster he can lock down recruits with staff aiding him.

The more staff he hires more quickly the faster he can lock down recruits with staff aiding him.
Plus, these kids want to know who will be coaching them from a position standpoint. That's extremely important to them in this process. You need to have at least a couple of those guys in place in order to lock recruits down.

Came out earlier today. He's starting at SU immediately. Their DC, Brian Ward, is coaching the bowl game.
So does Ward come here right after the bowl game?

Good point. I'm sure he's been preparing for this and has a plan to follow.

So does Ward come here right after the bowl game?

What if Ward decides he wants to follow Babers to SU and get a nice raise? Who else has he worked with as a QB coach or an OC in his past that would know the system?

I am just thinking offensive coaches that know the system that he could hire. Unless of course he is going to be the OC himself and teach everyone else.

how can we recruit if we dont have a staff? one coach isnt going to get a ton done this week. last time didnt we wait to announce guys even with them on the road?

how can we recruit if we dont have a staff? one coach isnt going to get a ton done this week. last time didnt we wait to announce guys even with them on the road?
Babers can at least go out and visit the current commits he wants to keep and any BG commits he would like to flip.

Fwiw, I remember reading an article about Babers getting hired at Bowling Green and he stated he would honor the commitment any player had made to the school before his hire.

He needs to hire the Anselmo to his Marrone today so they can divide and conquer this week. I'm guessing a key staff member or two was agreed to up front so they could move quickly this week.

isn't there a press conference tomorrow morning too? This should be another interesting week waiting on who he hires for his staff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom