So which college coach or coaches gets the pink slip during or right after the season ends? | Syracusefan.com

So which college coach or coaches gets the pink slip during or right after the season ends?

RyanCuse44

Starter
My Top 3 candidates right now in no particular order are -

Billy Napier
Sam PIttman
Mike Norvell

Outside looking in -

Kirk Ferentz
Dave Aranda
PJ Fleck

Ferentz goes nowhere until he decides to retire.
I understand he's had a good record at Iowa but seems like he can never can get over the hump on beating the big boys in their conference and get into the playoffs or a big bowl. I just understand how they can pay him that much money.

I understand he's had a good record at Iowa but seems like he can never can get over the hump on beating the big boys in their conference and get into the playoffs or a big bowl. I just understand how they can pay him that much money.
I get it. Pretty sure he’s the highest paid public employee in Iowa. Fans had been 50/50 on him but mostly leaning towards moving on from him. But I think he has a lot of guaranteed money on his contract. And pics of someone. Has to be something like that.

Or….the admin is happy being mostly 7/8/9 wins consistently ‍♂️

I get it. Pretty sure he’s the highest paid public employee in Iowa. Fans had been 50/50 on him but mostly leaning towards moving on from him. But I think he has a lot of guaranteed money on his contract. And pics of someone. Has to be something like that.

Or….the admin is happy being mostly 7/8/9 wins consistently ‍♂️
I think his teams have been good, but the offense is mediocre at best. Defense has always been there back bone but you gotta have a better mix then he's had.

I think his teams have been good, but the offense is mediocre at best. Defense has always been there back bone but you gotta have a better mix then he's had.
I was talking up Lester here and my friends that are die hard say it doesn’t matter. Every OC has to lister to Kirk and will never be able to do what they want.

Babers is in the waiting room. As someone who has watched Arizona closely last 3 years now, it's sort of stunning how bad an offense with w Heisman candidates can look
Yeah you gotta love that opening press conference he had, especially about the 8:24 mark of the video below of his opening press conference. Dino should really be a politician with all the BS he says.

There's some things about Kirk that drive me bonkers trust me, but I'm not sure there's many coaches who are going to have Iowa competing with Michigan and Ohio State.

There's some things about Kirk that drive me bonkers trust me, but I'm not sure there's many coaches who are going to have Iowa competing with Michigan and Ohio State.
Curt Cignetti says hold my beer ;)

Norvell is not getting fired. If Travis doesn’t get hurt last year they could’ve won it all.
I agree with you. But in the last 50 years, FSU has started 0-3 only 3 times. 2 of those instances are with Norvell. Thought that was pretty crazy stat. They lost a whole lot of talent from last year. Best QB, Best RB, Top 2 WR’s.

My Top 3 candidates right now in no particular order are -

Billy Napier
Sam PIttman
Mike Norvell

Outside looking in -

Kirk Ferentz
Dave Aranda
PJ Fleck
Norville just signed a whopping contract and he can't go anywhere this year barring something beyond the losses coming out. Kudos to the Tony Soprano of sports, Jimmy Sexton for getting the new deal.