So who could be our rival for rivalry week? | Syracusefan.com

So who could be our rival for rivalry week?

chakka3421

All Conference
Never mind - was just thinking out loud and wanted to change the topic off of conference realignment.

He was saying an OOC opponent for the Thanksgiving weekend - i did like the PSU idea but it would need to be true home games.

Ahhhh, ok, if we are talking OOC ala the ACC/SEC games this past weekend, I'd agree, Penn State would be good if it was a home and home. I'd also consider West Virginia.

WV plays 9 conference games in the BigXII. They don't even have room on their schedule for Pitt ... through 2018.

If they can't squeeze in Pitt, they're not playing us.

And PSU isn't giving up a home game in front of 110,000 to play in NJ on Thanksgiving weekend.

WV plays 9 conference games in the BigXII. They don't even have room on their schedule for Pitt ... through 2018.

If they can't squeeze in Pitt, they're not playing us.

And PSU isn't giving up a home game in front of 110,000 to play in NJ on Thanksgiving weekend.

Ok guys, you don't let me pick an in conference game and now WVU and PSU are no good based on Internet board poster opinion only, so OX... Who should it be?

BC is our best bet. Two northeast teams, both private, would be good for both schools.

Ok guys, you don't let me pick an in conference game and now WVU and PSU are no good based on Internet board poster opinion only, so OX... Who should it be?

BC is our best bet. Two northeast teams, both private, would be good for both schools.

I don't have a problem with BC.

Best bet is BC, 2 Northeast Private schools, NY-MA thing, easy drive for both fanbases thru the NY Thruway.

Gotta do better than BC. Lets keep thinking.

NW would be interesting.

UConn if they don't get into the ACC. Maryland?

Honestly, as much I don't want to say it, is it Rutgirls?

NW would be interesting.

I would vote for MD.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Georgetown?

Seriously though probably uconn since it carries over both major sports.

NW would be interesting.

I attended during the McNabb days. I can't accept Rutgers as a rival. We used to take a knee in the 3rd quarter playing those guys. I don't see why it would be anyone other than BC. Great regional/relevant rivalry.

I attended during the McNabb days. I can't accept Rutgers as a rival. We used to take a knee in the 3rd quarter playing those guys. I don't see why it would be anyone other than BC. Great regional/relevant rivalry.

If it were BC we'd be taking a knee in the 3rd quarter again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As did I (and before) - that why I didn't want to say it. Trying to think of non-conference opponents, who knows though by next year it could be VT or Miami, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think B1G teams play OOC games during Thanksgiving week.

That takes PSU, Maryland, Rutgers, etc... off the table.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think B1G teams play OOC games during Thanksgiving week.

That takes PSU, Maryland, Rutgers, etc... off the table.
Believe you are right, just throwing names against the wall.

How about an annual clash with buttgers. I think that would be fun

Never mind - was just thinking out loud and wanted to change the topic off of conference realignment.

People might not want to admit it, but Boston College was turning into a rival before they left for the ACC. I'm talking about at the end, after Miami and Va Tech had moved back past us again. We had some very chippy games with BC, and were involved in a lot of recruiting battles against them. Does our reason for leaving a certain web site ring a bell? We wanted to be Penn State's rivals, but they beat us for about 20 years in a row, before we finally kicked their tails in the 1987 game.

I like BC. We have played them forever and it could be a really good rivalry. Except.. if UCONN gets accepted into the ACC they probably play BC. So that leaves us with PITT..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom