So...who is our starting QB? Seriously. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So...who is our starting QB? Seriously.

Imagine if we grew up in the same house though. Neighborhood home value would drop to Detroit levels.
That's why my parents took me to the country. My only neighbor was my grandmother... and she had to love me... by default.

Pre-game announcement:

If you are sitting in section 421 Row 20 Seat 10, You are today's Topps Syracuse Starting Quarter Back! Please claim your pads and playbook at the Pepsi Guest Relations Counter immediately.

Poor Mark McDonald, looks like he might get overlooked again.

I don't follow 'cuse football much during the summer, nor do I follow recruiting much (football and basketball. Just figured out who our freshman for this season are for bball.)

Serious question.

I think Allen starts and then Hunt gets a shot (unless the offense is in a real nice groove to start).

If it truly is even then HCSS will go with Allen. He will bet that Allen will continue to learn at a rapid pace and by mid-season be the much better choice. I don't like it because I am rooting for Hunt but that is the sensible way to go (again, if it truly is even).

I think our receivers are the big question mark and having a more mature QB might mitigate that element a bit.

Reading between the lines (which is fun but really speculative), it appears that coaches really like where the D is and are optimistic about Broyld but need receivers to step up. I am starting to think that they like how the OLine is coming together and if so, we are in for a good dose of the run game and some trickeration as well.

McDonald is the key. His offense will determine if we are just competitive or really good. I am thinking this guy looks at Broyld with different eyes that DM and NH and will use him extensively. GM knows he has Broyld for three years and I think he will make him a center piece.

On the other hand, what the hell do I know, I am just a crazy Orange Fan.
BTW I don't think DM would have used GMIII and RunDMC as kick returners (nice move).
Go Orange!

PARAGRAPH 1 : I'm not sure why it would be assumed that Allen's game would take off with more experience, but Hunt's would not. You could make the argument that Allen has had 4 solid years of preparation, and may have plateaued.

PARAGRAPH 2: agree the wrs are key.

PARAGRAPH 3: hope you're right

PARAGRAPH 4: I love this perspective. I think HCDM and Hackett did a great job in game planning, but I do agree that they probably thought more like NFL coaches than college coaches. I hope McDonald is, as you said, more inclined to be creative with AB.

They are going to "start" the backup to run the scripted set up plays, then put the starter in second to mess up any adjustments PSU makes.

Mind=Blown

hcss is so hard nosed he isnt even going to play a qb- 10 on 11 and mackey can do what he wants with the football

Idris Price / Barry Baker platoon

If Hunt was a starting QB we would not have recruited Allen.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I know several of players and I also have two friends in athletic office.....I do knw h answer bu I'm not saying. Plus the team likes the choice.

Idris Price / Barry Baker platoon

If Hunt was a starting QB we would not have recruited Allen.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Just to amend that...if Hunt was ready to start THIS YEAR we would not have recruited Allen.

I fully believe in Drew Allen. I think we'd be okay with Terrell Hunt, but I think Drew is absolutely our best bet to win right now.

Allen all the way and I want to see a rob Moore type bomb first play of the game.

Allen all the way and I want to see a rob Moore type bomb first play of the game.

I would give absolutely anything for a play action go route to Jeremiah Kobena for an 80 yard touchdown on the first play from scrimmage (Kobena just because he's probably the fastest receiver apart from Brisly).

I would give absolutely anything for a play action go route to Jeremiah Kobena for an 80 yard touchdown on the first play from scrimmage (Kobena just because he's probably the fastest receiver apart from Brisly).
Yeah, but will Kobena hold on to it...

Latrez Harrison and Joe Dailey are still battling out.

I know several of players and I also have two friends in athletic office.....I do knw h answer bu I'm not saying. Plus the team likes the choice.
If true, and I have no reason to doubt you, I would have to think others have shared with outsiders such as yourself who are not as respectful and it will get out. Not that it matters one iota at this point. If coach has told the team then it really doesn't matter if he announces it publicly or not. We'll know in 23.5 hours. :D