So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

After watching Taylor contribute absolutely nothing last night, I would say it is time for him to step down to a mid-major program where he can develop against competition of similar talent. Seems like a nice kid, but just does not have the talent to play in the ACC in my opinion.
Taylor is interesting. Something happened and he became stiff, measured, basically over thinking. He needs to play free and if I'm his coach I'm getting him off all drills. He simply needs to ball all off season. Just play ball as much as possible against good comp and play guard exclusively. I think if he does that he's going to end up being solid

Not sure why Q would leave.

Guess portal PG is top priority unless they plan on running Starling or Moore there.

Going to need a SG too presuming Bell bolts, unless Moore hits that primarily?

Westry and Cuffe aren't going to be it working back from serious injuries.

Replacing Mintz, Bell, Taylor, Copeland, Carey?

Portal / Moore? Starling?
Portal / Starling? Moore?
Portal / Freeman?
Brown / Freeman?
Portal / McLeod?

Hopefully the collective has deep pockets for this off-season

Remember 2 years ago, we couldn't figure out why there was no portal action and we relied on 6 incoming freshman? And the response was the coaches are working on a 2 year plan. That 2 year plan has expired, what do we have to show for it? An internal coaching transition, 1- 20 win season, no NCAAt. How many of those 6 will make it to year 3?

Guess portal PG is top priority unless they plan on running Starling or Moore there.

Going to need a SG too presuming Bell bolts.

Portal / Moore?
Portal / Starling?
Portal / Freeman?
Brown / Freeman?
Portal / McLeod?

I would assume Q wants to be a PG and that likely won't happen here.

No, obviously I know about the paid stuff. You're wrong for defending a fan calling a student player Selfish. You doubled down on it. and the how you double down on it was because you make excuses for the behavior/action by saying other fan bases do it and he should listen to the coaches, do this, do that etc. That's co-signing to it's fullest
Here's a funny fact. He is/was selfish all year. Is the person who wrote that comment wrong? I have seen plenty of bad things out there directed at athletes - this is not even in the top million. It has been said many times on this fan board in no uncertain ways.

I don't choose to send my criticism of players to them directly - that is a step too far in my eyes. It isn't for some. I think that's sad. But all of that said, this comment is not even close to some others that have been posted.

Going to need a SG too presuming Bell bolts, unless Moore hits that primarily?

Portal / Moore? Starling?
Portal / Starling? Moore?
Portal / Freeman?
Brown / Freeman?
Portal / McLeod?

There is no world where Elijah Moore is a starter next year especially at PG.

Remember 2 years ago, we couldn't figure out why there was no portal action and we relied on 6 incoming freshman? And the response was the coaches are working on a 2 year plan. That 2 year plan has expired, what do we have to show for it? An internal coaching transition, 1- 20 win season, no NCAAt. How many of those 6 will make it to year 3?
Yup, we basically threw away the 22-23 season to train 6 freshmen, and in return they say thanks for the experience and I’m out.

Classic Chaz.
Haunting Chazz Palminteri GIF by TrueReal

Slightly off topic but will try to link it: Some of the ”Euro Steps” that were allowed last night covered as much ground as portaling from Syracuse to St. Bonaventure.
Copeland had his share but the award for the “ most ridiculous uncalled travel” goes to Middlebrooks for NCSU. Late in the second half he had the most awkward looking stroll to the basket that covered more ground than Bob Beamon‘s Mexico City long jump.
If anyone actually wanted to endure re-watching the second half, i dare you not to laugh at it.
Q drags that foot ALL the time. Cant believe he doesn’t get called more often.

Judah- yes, he really seemed to enjoy himself last night

Bell- He’s been here 2 years now. I think homesickness may have worn off.

Taylor- Probably right on this one

Patterson- More depth? We didn’t even have a STARTING center this year.

Q- He was born to play in the dome. He’s back.
This is a pivotal year for Red and will probably be a massive part if he continues here must further than that, you think he trusts Q to determine his career? I wouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom