So who's the Okie? | Syracusefan.com

So who's the Okie?

GoSU96

Living Legend
Morgan filled in for Shamarko when he went out in the bowl game.

I had Singleton penciled in there. That kid was the biggest loss/miss this recruiting season imo.

How about Zach McCarrell the walkon from Florida - converted safety now outside lb.

Great question though. We dont really have anyone unless we go small.

Where does Kelly fit into all this. He is the one recruit I haven't heard much about...

Morgan cross-trains at safety and plays the Okie.

Three upperclassmen at CB ahead of him with Whigham and George behind him.

Even if his future is at CB, the way he can help the team the most is by being that versatile banger who can back-up just about any spot in the secondary.

Hopefully Kelly can play safety but I see him as CB depth.

Spring will be fun.

Morgan cross-trains at safety and plays the Okie.

Three upperclassmen at CB ahead of him with Whigham and George behind him.

Even if his future is at CB, the way he can help the team the most is by being that versatile banger who can back-up just about any spot in the secondary.

Hopefully Kelly can play safety but I see him as CB depth.

Spring will be fun.
Good post Morgan just became a very important player for us.

Right now Morgan, but let me put my pick in for the future as Marqez Hodge. 6'0, 210lbs (listed but under 6' reality) and supposedly has run a 48sec 400yards. Military kid and hard-nosed. Serious pipes on that kid - passes the looks test. Shamarko 2.0.

I really like Morgan here although I just saw him at the mall and he is maybe 5'9. plays a lot bigger though

Can't play both? Hard hitter, fast and strong.

Esk at Okie is interesting. I suppose if Morgan is going to get on the field, it may fit their skill sets better to move Esk down to the Okie and let Morgan play Esk's safety spot.

Can't play both? Hard hitter, fast and strong.

Hope so. Best case scenario would be Kelly at FS and Eskridge at SS. Then Wilkes and Morgan backing them up. Desir's lack of bulk scares me.

Hope so. Best case scenario would be Kelly at FS and Eskridge at SS. Then Wilkes and Morgan backing them up. Desir's lack of bulk scares me.
Wouldn't pencil in Kelly until he actually practices with the team. Really like Desir. Think a safety pairing of him and Esk would be somewhat mistake prone but athletic, dynamic, and exciting.

Get Rishard in the wieght room. With Lyn and Reddish at CB I'd love Anderson to get some burn at safety/3rd cb in nickle sets. He's a much better tackler than he is a cover corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom