Sochi writer responds | Syracusefan.com

Sochi writer responds

I'm not sure of what she said.

You have a boyfriend and you wrote in a newspaper article that you're hooking up with olympic athletes? I assumed she was single...can you imagine being this girls boyfriend and reading this? I'd dump her on the spot for embarrassing me like that.

I love how someone defends her assuming everyone who thinks her article is a joke is "old". I'm 30 years old and think this girl sounds like a hewa.

I can understand the perspective of 'if you don't like it, don't read it', but her explanation sounds more like readers are forcing her against her will to write this content. The newspaper is also forcing her against her will to explore dating other people she meets in Sochi.
And then she follows up with a Tinder promo.
Bizarre.

I love how someone defends her assuming everyone who thinks her article is a joke is "old". I'm 30 years old and think this girl sounds like a hewa.

What's a "hewa" ? Sounds like "hoya".

Admit it - you're obviously stalking her now, you psycho. This article was only out for a few minutes before you posted... :)

ATL was stalking me yesterday on the Keith Smart thread. He really kicked my butt around. We just could not see eye to eye.

ATL was stalking me yesterday on the Keith Smart thread. He really kicked my butt around. We just could not see eye to eye.

That's okay - he's about to get a little freezing rain and sleet. We probably won't hear from him until they open the city back up in a couple weeks. :)

Dave85 said:

Keith Smart shall not be mentioned here. He was the worst coach in W's history and I will never forgive him for that.

44cuse

Haha close! Italian slang for "whore".

"Hewa", "hoya", you know, please forgive me for saying this to anyone who is offended. But I am now going to claim that if a hewa is an Italian whore, then a hoya is a jewish whore. Oy vey! I could not help myself. Please don't ban me for language again!

Ok maybe i am a day or two behind this story, but i think I just caught up. She has a boyfriend? What the hell!!

I mean sure, maybe he's cool with all this, but I kinda doubt it...

I didn't really care what she did in Sochi and I guess I still don't. But really she follows up an article about how to hook up with Olympic athletes with one where she admits to having a boyfriend. Really wow well not anymore I guess.

This sentence tells you all you need to know about on-line "journalism." It ain't about accurate news... it's about eyeballs.

"In the age of online journalism, eyeballs on a page equals dollars because news agencies generate revenue from advertisers and advertisers pay based on the number of eyeballs."

I don't understand my generations need to be promiscuous. So many people out there are dirty and they treat their bodies like trash receptacles. Smoking cigarettes is horrible but feel free to drink as much as you want and nail anything that moves, oh and go ahead and smoke that weed if you have it.

I don't understand my generations need to be promiscuous. So many people out there are dirty and they treat their bodies like trash receptacles. Smoking cigarettes is horrible but feel free to drink as much as you want and nail anything that moves, oh and go ahead and smoke that weed if you have it.
Take comfort. It's not just your generation. In fact I'd say your generation is a bit tame compared to the 70's and 80's who in turn were probably a bit tame compared to the late 60's. The real difference is we didn't have social media to deal with. I can not imagine my high school and college days if everyone had a cell phone with a camera on it and pictures/videos could be instantly posted for the entire world to see. There is a lot to be said of certain memories being left in a shoebox in the bottom of someone's closet.