Some general thoughts- | Syracusefan.com

Some general thoughts-

Jake

Mod
Good lord the talent difference at the skill positions was just monstrous. Don't know how anyone can assess coaching when the talent difference is that great.

Our wrs could not get any separation - the only big plays we had were in the run game. I'm not going to knock McDonald for going back to it. I think the read option was the right game plan. You certainly couldn't depend on the wrs because the Clemson DBs did not respect their ability to get deep.

I don't trust norton outside of an extra point. That fg was fugly.

Very, VERY concerned about Shafer being too much of a players coach and not installing discipline. There is no way Marrone would let players on the field dancing to music the way I witnessed today. The scene on the field during the official replay of the sideline interception was also unacceptable behavior IMO.

Don't want to go too much into the secondary play, but we looked lost out there a couple of times. Not to mention out talented.

Never felt like we waived the white flag - encouraging.

Our OL continues to make penalties that put our offense on holes. Can't do that against good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I thought we had a couple of players show well in this game...I thought our punter, Smith, Spruill and I know our secondary got tore up but I from what I saw Whigham played pretty well and made some big plays despite the showboating.

the only place that we really struggled was the db-wr matchup on both sides..

With the running backs we have and ummm the wide receivers (term used loosely) that we have, we might as well run Georgia Tech's offense for the rest of the year.

With the running backs we have and ummm the wide receivers (term used loosely) that we have, we might as well run Georgia Tech's offense for the rest of the year.
I'd like to see an offense where we just give the damn ball to Jerome Smith from the get go. I like that we have depth at RB, but we don't have to prove it by taking carries away from far and away our best offensive player so often.

I'd like to see an offense where we just give the damn ball to Jerome Smith from the get go. I like that we have depth at RB, but we don't have to prove it by taking carries away from far and away our best offensive player so often.
So you're not a fan of the 2nd and long shotgun handoffs to PTG I presume.

So you're not a fan of the 2nd and long shotgun handoffs to PTG I presume.
This should answer your question: I appreciate PTG, but I wouldn't be sad if GM2 or (and?) DMc jumped him on the depth chart at this point.

It's his 5th game as a head coach. He'll learn. Marrone preached discipline but we had plenty of lapses under his watch, and he wasn't a players coach at all. Two different styles. Let's be patient.

Very, VERY concerned about Shafer being too much of a players coach and not installing discipline. There is no way Marrone would let players on the field dancing to music the way I witnessed today. The scene on the field during the official replay of the sideline interception was also unacceptable behavior IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

It's his 5th game as a head coach. He'll learn. Marrone preached discipline but we had plenty of lapses under his watch, and he wasn't a players coach at all. Two different styles. Let's be patient.

-

Yeah, we have yet another HC learning on the job. As always it'll take a few years for him to get the hang of the job. Hopefully he recruits his ass off while he's learning how to run a program.

The only thought that matters I think is that Clemson is a million times better than us. We're a below average team that hopefully can shake this off and be average for the next 7 games and eek out 4 more wins. I think that'll be a challenge but we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom