Some G'town observations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some G'town observations

Regarding Moyer, he seemed to have no idea where to go on offense when we were facing zone. He would just sort of stand near Frank and Frank would bark at him to go somewhere else. He's pretty much totally dependent on Frank's dribble drive passes to score.

I'll chime in with some Frank love. Yes, 7 TO's is too many for my liking. But I think he is improving.

Frank has a huge role; main ball handler, main distributor, and one of the three main scorers. That's a lot, but wait, there's more. Frank needs to be the coach on the floor, the field general. And that is really needed at the end of games.

I hope/think Frank is making progress in the mental end of game management, which is big in my book. I was worried after MD about the great steal he had only to get it picked off from behind in what in my opinion was a pretty crucial part of the game. I saw end of game improvement even in his horrid UConn game, during crunch time he didn't do anything stupid, I thought he provided leadership, and calmly hit some FTs. For GTown it gets even better at the end of game, a beautiful ally oop to PC, and what a great time to unleash the steal and bucket - seemed like he had sized up the timing across the top in previous possessions and waited for just the right time. Great to see. We really need Frank to have his head in the game, I wasn't sure he had it in him, but I'm starting to be a believer that he can do it.

Turnovers are bad, so are missed shots, getting stuffed on shots, committing offensive fouls -- they just show up in other lines in the box score.
I believe offensive fouls are considered turnovers for statistical purposes.

I'm having a difficult time understanding how some are rationalizing 7 turnovers as somehow being acceptable.

Love what Frank did otherwise, but the propensity to fall victim to unforced turnovers has to change. Period.

And bills, I don't mean to knock your detailed / well thought out post otherwise.

Did you watch the game? So many of those turnovers were because his bigs did him no favors. Either they dropped easy passes, weren't ready for the pass, or they watched him drive and left him on an island while being defended. It's no surprise once Oshae started heating up that Howard started to play better. And seeing as it was an OT game 7 TOs is not as bad as it looked. We have to fix the turnovers. I just think most were caused by the bigs. Once Oshae started heating up and Moyer got a couple dunks the turnovers went away.

Jimmy schooled him in the second half? GT grew a 4 pt lead into a 13 pt lead in the second half. We won the second half by 4 pts. Jimmy didnt do the schooling - OB did the schooling.

Yep. Total mismatch with Jimmy abusing Ewing in the 2nd half. Ewing face at the end was priceless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom