Some longtime fans in front of me said some interesting things | Syracusefan.com

Some longtime fans in front of me said some interesting things

retro44

Living Legend
Said that Babers offense might bring in more fans,but the defensive play is losing even more. There really has been no bump this year in attendance for having an offense with the babers hype.

They said a real good chance of not renewing after this year.

Said that Babers offense might bring in more fans,but the defensive play is losing even more. There really has been no bump this year in attendance for having an offense with the babers hype.

They will regret not renewing. Tell them next week I said so ;)!

With fans like that...

We sit next to idiots too. Just hard to avoid in that bubble.

The coverage has improved and we do have a lot of youth on defense. You need to mix things up though. You just do.

tell them to not let the air pressure blow their skirts up on the way out of the dome.

there's nothing better than crap analysis from emotional folks at the dome.

there's nothing better than crap analysis from emotional folks at the dome.
Yep. That stuff is done much better here.
big smile.gif

what exactly have you seen these last couple games that says we've turned a corner ?

what exactly have you seen these last couple games that says we've turned a corner ?

You mean last few weeks when our record setting QB was out hurt? Who cares? We knew we were screwed if Dungey went down this year. We were fine with him.

Good news is he'll be back and another year better, and we bring in our highest rated QB since...I don't even know.

The defense needs players. To rip the defense and not understand they lack talent this year is beyond silly. The defense will be fine once they get some better players. No coaching staff in America can make this defense decent this year.

Why would you limit the sample size to the last 2 weeks? Is it because it helps your argument? I'm pretty sure a team is judged on it's whole season, not 2 games when your best player is out. We played a NC contender without our record setting QB playing most of the game. Would we have won the game with him...no, but we don't lose 54-0.
Today we played a peer program without our record setting QB, and Steve Ishmael, and others, including Steven Clark. Do I think we lose this game with Dungey playing. Nope. I also think the time of possession is more even, leading to a fresher, more effective defense, that doesn't surrender 35. Probably more like 21-24 points.
What evidence throughout the SEASON, shows we turned the corner? How about the offensive numbers we've put up when healthy? Sure we would like to have more points to show for it, but that will come with time, I have no doubt. This offense is still learning, the team is still gelling. How about the fact that when we play as well as we are capable of, we can beat a team like VA Tech. With our talent gap, we beat a very good VA Tech team. That wasn't happening the last few years. Our defense has improved significantly since week 1. Still a ways to go, but I'd feel a lot worse if they were not improving. Our team is incredibly young. Dino hasn't even brought in a recruiting class yet.
Are we where we want to be ultimately? No. But to say we haven't turned the corner, implies we are on the same downward trajectory we were on last year, and that is just flat out incorrect.

Last edited:

That's not good analysis by them.

We're playing better teams right now.

That offense, combined with Clemson, Louisville, etc etc...

What's the interesting part?

turned what corner? we are in year 1 of a complete rebuild. what are you talking about?

I knew there would be some t Rex arms crossed on hard beer gut moustache guys this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom