Some New Thoughts Regarding the Penn State Scandal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some New Thoughts Regarding the Penn State Scandal

It is unbelievable that MSNBC, CNN, NYT, WSJ, etc have picked up this story, yet ESPN continues to minimize and keep it out of the headlines. Shame on them..

I saw it on ESPN 3 times.

Given the allegations, how isn't this a lack of institutional control penalty similar to Baylor? This is a disgusting failure of oversight by Penn State.

The AD, President and Paterno need to be gone, today. Paterno was told, sounds like he minimalized it when he reported it, Don't you think he could've gotten the AD to come to his house immediately and spoke to the GA then. And then the AD and Shultz minimalized it and lied about it. The President is now minimalizing it and Paterno acts like its the first he heard of it and he's shocked. All this over a former employee. If they'd hit Sandusky hard when the GA first told them PSU would not have been tarnished in the least. Instead a case of the old boy network closed ranks and a once proud institution will take years to recover. And Joe Pa's legacy is certainly tarnished because it happened on his watch. Geez, did these guys not watch "All the President's Men"? I would bet the BOT acts further today and Spanier and Paterno resign.

Yeah, if you're playing the phone game it seems the boy & his father went to Paterno to report it and by the time it gets to Curley/Schultz it's just some horsing around in the shower that didn't sound like a big deal to them???? What. Considering their knowledge of an incident in 1998, not sure how some play time in the shower with a 10 year old (even w/out the sodomy info being passed on - which i imagine was relayed tbh) wouldn't mean something more serious to the AD, etc...

Seriously, just throw them all in jail.

So far the ESPNs, CBSs and SIs of the world are intentionally letting him off the hook. We'll see if that continues.

Czaban's line from this morning, to paraphrase: Paterno and Penn State taking away Sandusky's locker room key is basically them saying take your extra-curricular activities elsewhere.
This morning two of the three major networks did reports. Maybe the other one did, you can't watch all three at the same time. On one of them a reporter talks with Sandusky outside his front door where he keeps saying my lawyer has advised me not to answer questions. The reporter says you can answer this, "If these allegations are untrue you have an opportunity right now to offer your denial." Sandusky did not take the reporter up on his offer.

Here are some of the reports I have seen in the media, all are video

Good Morning America

Today Show NBC

Stay on this one after the jumps as there are a number of reports
ESPN: Penn State AD, school VP leave posts

John Terret Al Jazeera Washington

Altoona Mirror Scrolling Report

CNN Atlanta

CNN Report

Eye Witness News Fox 12

Associated Press

ABC Action News

Sandusky on the Penn State Tailgate show 2007

Jim Rome seems to be echoing the sentiments of this forum fwiw.

The grand jury testimony report is posted in another thread on the board.

One of the sickest things I have read, that really makes you question humanity. After finishing it, I wanted to drive to whereever sandusky lives, and beat the living hell out of him. There is no place in this world for sick freaks like him.

Since the thread I started on Saturday on this issue, there have been some developments as you all know by now. First, the athletic director and interim finance director have taken an "administrative leave" and returned to retirement respectively. Although there is no doubt that the actions of the Board of Trustees late last night precipitated that series of events, the way that this has been portrayed is innocuous. NOTHING about this situation is innocuous.

Second, Paterno issued his statement yesterday. Absolute and utter bull that certainly gives some insight of where this is headed. He basically claims that the severity of the allegations from the GA were not made clear to him. To qoute SNL...Really ? really ? Really ? Even if this was simply described to Paterno in an emergency meeting at his house of naked horseplay in a shower re: an adult and a child, isn't that enough to really take some significant proactive steps ? Mix in the fact that the University was clearly aware of "allegations" at the least in the '90s regarding the same person and if that does not put you on alert you either a complete idiot or someone who intentionally stepped as far away from the situation as he thought possible in order to claim plausible deniability.

Recap...the witness who has been found extremely credible by the GJ supposedly "undersold" what he saw to Paterno. Ummm...yeah. Right.

This only serves to further my belief Saturday that Paterno needs to go asap along with the University President who, at the least, issued one of the most idiotic public support statements that I have ever heard (even with time for preparation). Maybe he went to the same school of spin control as tOSU president Gordon Gee.

SUOrange44

Anyone who reads that Grand Jury report and doesn't laugh at Paterno's public response has major issues. That had to be the most bull statement I have ever heard. This graduate assistant thought it serious enough that he took his father to Paterno's house to report the matter, and I am sure Paterno did not get a sugar coated or toned down version of the story. What I think happen is that the GA told Paterno all the details and Paterno and the AD decided to tone it down, or the AD did it and Paterno turned the other way. Either way, Paterno is, at the very least, an accomplice in the cover up because he did not report the incident to authorities, as law dictates, when he heard the complete details from the GA and his father.

Anyone else think that Paterno told the GA "Now don't you worry yourself over this, son. I'll make sure this situation is dealt with. Go back to your duties and forget it happened. We'll take it from here."?

Penn State should get the death penalty for this. A full house cleaning is in order, starting with JoePa.

The grand jury testimony report is posted in another thread on the board.

One of the sickest things I have read, that really makes you question humanity. After finishing it, I wanted to drive to whereever sandusky lives, and beat the living hell out of him. There is no place in this world for sick freaks like him.

Sure there is. It's called Cell Block D, where he has a roommate named Big Bubba waiting for him. Bubba is going to show him a thing or two about prison showers, dropped soap, and sharing with his friends. Sandusky will not last long in that environment.

"In JoePa's defense, in ancient Greece things like this happened all the time."

Best explanation I've seen on why you don't follow up for years.

If they guy who enables the process to continue and failed to blow the whistle was a math teacher at Cicero North Syracuse people would want the guy lynched, but hey it's Joe Pa, he's old, he's a football coach, well he's Joe Pa.. What the ****? He's a piece of shi!T

He always has been an .

the Comments section under the Paterno says we were all fooled story on ESPN.com is going bonkers

They've only gotten past the sweet 16 once in the last 10 years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom