Some Observations from Sec. 115... | Syracusefan.com

Some Observations from Sec. 115...

realcusefan888

Walk On
1. We still cannot time the entrance of the team!!! Horrible, anticlimactic trot onto the field with 4 min and change on the pregame clock, no build up, sandman plays after the team is on the field with wake running out at the same time at least led by flags. instead, the large SU flags led out our BAND!!!! What???

2. Where was the gun? Huge step back from the offense with Nassib in 3 step drops all night. no shotgun which is supposed to be a strength of macky.

3. Where was West? heard alot about this kid and was excited to see him get some time. we obviously need some size and physicality at the wide out position. suspension?

4. Way to go STUDENTS!!! way to represent and give the dome some juice!!! exhibit A of why noon starts stink!!!

5. I think WAKE was big and physical and their style of offense is tough to defend especially for young first time starters on defense. freeze, misdirection, a savy,smart qb. the defense will be ok, but expected better play from our db's. the d-line is gonna actually be a strength! wakes o-line might be the best we face all year.

GO CUSE!!!!

1. We still cannot time the entrance of the team!!! Horrible, anticlimactic trot onto the field with 4 min and change on the pregame clock, no build up, sandman plays after the team is on the field with wake running out at the same time at least led by flags. instead, the large SU flags led out our BAND!!!! What???

2. Where was the gun? Huge step back from the offense with Nassib in 3 step drops all night. no shotgun which is supposed to be a strength of macky.

3. Where was West? heard alot about this kid and was excited to see him get some time. we obviously need some size and physicality at the wide out position. suspension?

4. Way to go STUDENTS!!! way to represent and give the dome some juice!!! exhibit A of why noon starts stink!!!

5. I think WAKE was big and physical and their style of offense is tough to defend especially for young first time starters on defense. freeze, misdirection, a savy,smart qb. the defense will be ok, but expected better play from our db's. the d-line is gonna actually be a strength! wakes o-line might be the best we face all year.

GO CUSE!!!!
On #2, there have been quite a few people who claim we didn't go shotgun at all, which is completely false. There were at least a half dozen shotgun snaps, if not more. If you think of the New Orleans offense, they don't run shotgun a ton either, a lot of under center, three step drops. It's a timing offense, and being up under the center in those three step drops is part of it.

Upset to hear they still can't get the entrance right. That's such a simple thing in the grand scheme of things, there just needs to be some communication.

I watched the replay last night.

The analyst, John Bunting, former NC coach, indicated that the WF offensive line is solid and that the right tackle is the best in the ACC. He also had great things to say about No. 50 Whitlock on defense.

So, it may very well be that WF was a tough opening day challenge for a young team.

I hope that's what we saw on Thursday night.

By the way, I didn't think the roughing the kicker penalty on Lyn was a penalty. I guess I don't know the rule, but he was on the ground - clearly held up - and was run into by the kicker. It was not a blatant mistake by any stretch.

I watched the replay last night.

The analyst, John Bunting, former NC coach, indicated that the WF offensive line is solid and that the right tackle is the best in the ACC. He also had great things to say about No. 50 Whitlock on defense.

So, it may very well be that WF was a tough opening day challenge for a young team.

I hope that's what we saw.
Whitlock will be arguably the best NG we see all year. I'm surprised more people didn't realize that before the game.

1. Amateur hour - the team needs to fix game day presentation.

2. Marrone could be holding back on the playbook.

3. I dunno

4. It's great the student body has become motivated about all things SU... Keep winning and they keep coming back.

5. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wake do well in the ACC. Then again, a win on the road would have been huge for them and SU may have been the entire focus for that team to start their season on the right foot. Thank Marrone for being the HMFIC and a damn good in-game coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom