Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

cal doesn't need to cheat anymore he got through the wall and cousins year and then the davis gilchrist year. All true insiders know Davis got 200,000 to commit remember the commit decommit fiasco. Cousins and wall weren't exactly class acts coming out of highschool. remember wall having a breaking and entering in high school then his own house confirmed by louisville fans, and we all know about cousins temper

Because they laid down and let him get away with this, espn literally pushes Uk has 6 first rounders every year. Its like a media market with them. They no longer need to pay recruits.

All true insiders know that Davis got $200,000? LMAO!! That's funny. Wall had his own house AND it was confirmed by Louisville fans. ROTFLMAO!!! That's even funnier!

TRUE insiders know thats a bunch of BS about Davis and has been proven to be made up. Thamel tried to stick that but was made to look like a fool.

That's actually the first time I heard that crazy story about John but I know it's BS too. Mark Krebs is a close familY friend and his brother lived in Wildcat Lodge with his Mark and the rest of the team. His mother was dying of cancer and they put Mark's brother up in Wildcat Lodge also. UK houses regular students in the dorm as well. Just texted Mark and asked if that were true, he replied...Are you serious? I said yes and he just replied...Of course not. I tend to believe people who were there more than Louisville fans but that's just me. Believe who you want.

That's not Derek's car, that's his girlfriend's car. Next...
shouldn't you be on your board explaining to the other yokels who Quade Green is?
and, also, why doesn't paypal use the vaunted platoon anymore?

cal doesn't need to cheat anymore he got through the wall and cousins year and then the davis gilchrist year. All true insiders know Davis got 200,000 to commit remember the commit decommit fiasco. Cousins and wall weren't exactly class acts coming out of highschool. remember wall having a breaking and entering in high school then his own house confirmed by louisville fans, and we all know about cousins temper

Because they laid down and let him get away with this, espn literally pushes Uk has 6 first rounders every year. Its like a media market with them. They no longer need to pay recruits.
wow

I don't know. I don't find it all that weird unless you start with the supposition that he's some sort of evil lord of the underworld. He's around Duke and some other schools a lot too. He really hasn't been around Kentucky the last few years...to my knowledge.

He has been around PayPal Cal for years...

As I sit hear and read a lot of these posts I can do nothing but just laugh, litterally. I even see people brought JellyFam Washington and suggested on trying to take him from Minnesota. I also see several people in favor of that, yet these same people are mad at Quade. I also see several people trying to justify why Battle backing out of his Verbal was ok, but Quade is just a horrible person. Quade never even officially verballed to anyone, but he is such a bad kid for what he did. I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. A lot of you who are in your feelings are nothing more than entitled fans. You act like spoiled brats. People are in here comparing what Quade did to taking a paying job in the workforce. So let me ask you this, are you going to feed Quade and his family after his college career if things don't work out for him?

The reason I ask about "feeding" Quade doesn't have anything to do with a "bag" or even playing in the NBA, but it has everything to do with the fact Quade has to do what HE thinks is best for him and his family. How can anybody fault a kid for making a decision for HIS life, regardless how they THOUGHT it was made? The kid didn't kill anybody for God sakes. He made a choice about where he was going to spend the next coming years of HIS life.

Quade felt Kentucky would give him a better chance to the NBA. I respect that. I don't care about how it played out or how he made his choice. People on here mention integrity, yet I gave you multiple reason about coaching staff's all over showing little or no integrity towards their players. Class? Where is the class on suggesting that JellyFam jerk Minnesota to come join us? Half of you are the people who need to be ashamed of yourselfs, not the 18 year old kid who had to make the hardest decision of his life.

I''m not on here trying to personally attack the Orange staff. But I do know it goes both ways at any school or any staff. I wanted Quade to wear orange. I love his game! Go to the archives and you will see that. While you are there you will also see me say, possibly months ago that KU could be the school to take Quade from SU. Do fans have the right to be a little hurt? Yes indeed, but to attack an 18 year old over this is just insane.

I respect and understand his decision, and if Quade thinks KU is the best choice for him then I happily support his decision and wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Obviously you have personal interest in this case and taking a lot of what is being posted personally. You have been a member of this board for over three years, you should know by now that people are going to come on here and vent, go overboard, post mean things, post speculations, rumors, etc. That being said, since you claim to be personally involved in this case, it may behoove you to step away and use the ignore thread function for Green threads. All that is going to happen is that you are going to keep getting offended and taking things personally that people are posting on a Syracuse Fan message board. Which will cause you to try to defend your position and personal feelings and just keep getting more and more frustrated and hurt. Just trying to give you some advice and help out.

No doubt. So what? ...

Glass houses

You stated that as far as you know he hasn't been around UK for a few years...I replied that he had been around Cal for years...Cal is at UK...

As far as glass houses...are you just coming here to troll and just harass Orange fans? If so, you have been doing a good job. So, maybe you should yell up the basement stairs to Mom, ask her to fix you a sandwich and take a break from your rough "job" of trolling other fanbases?

Last edited:
You stated that as far as you know he hasn't been around UK for a few years...I replied that he had been around Cal for years...Cal is at UK...

As far as glass houses...are you just coming here to troll and just harass Orange fans? If so, you have been doing a good job. So, maybe you should yell up the basement stairs to Mom, ask her to fix you sandwich and take a break from your rough "job" of trolling other fanbases?

No, I came here to learn about the Green recruitment history and then guys like you start bashing Kentucky when I said nothing about Boeheim's issues. As far as Cal and Wesley. I said my understanding is that he hasn't been around the last few years. You said he's been around for years. I said yes, that's true. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. Semantics I suppose...

Last edited:
And here's a little life lesson for whatever you think it's worth Most people are crap. All A types are crap, relatively speaking. All Division-1 head coaches are A types, in the top percentile of A types no less.

Last edited:
No, I came here to learn about the Green recruitment history and then guys like you start bashing Kentucky when I said nothing about Boeheim's issues. As far as Cal and Wesley. I said my understanding is that he hasn't been around the last few years. You said he's been around for years. I said yes, that's true. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. Semantics I suppose...

Where did I bash UK?

You are a UK fan on another school's fan message board...if you are this thin skinned about other fans comments about your team, then maybe you should stay on your own board...

EDIT: Did you expect SU fans to be happy and root for UK? If so, then your meds are not strong enough...

And here's a little life lesson for whatever you think it's worth Most people are crap. All A types are crap, relatively speaking. All Division-1 head coaches are A types, in the top percentile of A types no less.

This statement just proves my comment above...your meds are not strong enough, might want to get them upped...

This statement just proves my comment above...your meds are not strong enough, might want to get them upped...

Tried. Doctor says I'm maxed out. And where have I demonstrated that I'm thin skinned lol? Of course I don't expect you guys to root for Kentucky. I think if you look at my posts you'll find they either factual or reasonable opinions that are subject to debate.

One positive thing is the staff will never make this mistake again they need a deadline. I would have thought they learned with almost losing Battle last year.
I see a lot of people questioning the staff over the lack of plan B. But how are people so sure that plan B isn't the grad transfer pool? Could be a strategy of go big or go with a 5th year.

I would take a Gillon or AW3 over a Ron Patterson or KJ2. Plus if you have a 5th year in there the path is clear for a five star difference making stud the next year - an MCW, Mal, or Battle type who see clear minutes/path available the next year.

If next years team gets an AW3 replacement, the lineup could be loaded again. I think it is too early to call the strategy a bust.

I see a lot of people questioning the staff over the lack of plan B. But how are people so sure that plan B isn't the grad transfer pool? Could be a strategy of go big or go with a 5th year.

I would take a Gillon or AW3 over a Ron Patterson or KJ2. Plus if you have a 5th year in there the path is clear for a five star difference making stud the next year - an MCW, Mal, or Battle type who see clear minutes/path available the next year.

If next years team gets an AW3 replacement, the lineup could be loaded again. I think it is too early to call the strategy a bust.

I agree with your take--this is just adding to the conversation, not disputing your point.

I'm pretty sure that everyone expects us to get in on the 5th year transfer market again this upcoming offseason. And if we can add a starting caliber wing, then by all means--look for them to do it. Or even if it is just a quality backup who can spell both guard spots, or both wing spots, you bring that player in to bolster what is already shaping up to be a strong frontcourt. And given the year we're probably going to have, where we could be a top 5 team that makes a deep run, we could be high on players' lists heading into the spring.

The issue / concern that I have with waiting for the 5th year transfer market to shape up is the following:
  • We don't have a clear sense which prospects will be 5th year transfers at this point, outside of the Ivy's
  • There is no guarantee that there will be starting caliber prospects like White / Gillon hitting "free agency" this summer
  • Even if there are, we have no idea whether SU would be a preferred destination for said recruits, like they were for White / Gillon
Again, I fully expect us to mine the 5th year transfer market this offseason for what we can. But there are no guarantees, and I'd hate to have to rely upon that route to add anything outside of complimentary depth, because we don't know what the market will yield. If a stud prospect like White is out there and we can land them, great. But can you imagine if we wait and then aren't able to fill a key hole / roster gap because no 5th year transfer materializes?

I agree with your take--this is just adding to the conversation, not disputing your point.

I'm pretty sure that everyone expects us to get in on the 5th year transfer market again this upcoming offseason. And if we can add a starting caliber wing, then by all means--look for them to do it. Or even if it is just a quality backup who can spell both guard spots, or both wing spots, you bring that player in to bolster what is already shaping up to be a strong frontcourt. And given the year we're probably going to have, where we could be a top 5 team that makes a deep run, we could be high on players' lists heading into the spring.

The issue / concern that I have with waiting for the 5th year transfer market to shape up is the following:
  • We don't have a clear sense which prospects will be 5th year transfers at this point, outside of the Ivy's
  • There is no guarantee that there will be starting caliber prospects like White / Gillon hitting "free agency" this summer
  • Even if there are, we have no idea whether SU would be a preferred destination for said recruits, like they were for White / Gillon
Again, I fully expect us to mine the 5th year transfer market this offseason for what we can. But there are no guarantees, and I'd hate to have to rely upon that route to add anything outside of complimentary depth, because we don't know what the market will yield. If a stud prospect like White is out there and we can land them, great. But can you imagine if we wait and then aren't able to fill a key hole / roster gap because no 5th year transfer materializes?
I didn't say it wasn't risky. But I am hoping the staff has a feel for it. With limited schollies I don't think the staff wants to be developing guards.

As for QG, I really don't put him in the class of MCW, Battle, or Mal anyway. I think the staff was trying for a good guard who would be around for a while. I think he would have been a good college guard if he were able to subscribe to putting in a year and then taking the reins. It appears he didn't want to do that. I don't think he's a one and done, and don't think he is a good fit at UK.

If we had Brissett, Sidibe and Green, everyone would be talking about how great of a class we have so far. Without Green people think Cuse basketball is over. Green is a really good player but not a player that's single handily going to lead a team to the promise land. Don't over look that Brissett and Sidibe are 2 really good gets. The staff will figure it out and we will be more than fine.

If we had Brissett, Sidibe and Green, everyone would be talking about how great of a class we have so far. Without Green people think Cuse basketball is over. Green is a really good player but not a player that's single handily going to lead a team to the promise land. Don't over look that Brissett and Sidibe are 2 really good gets. The staff will figure it out and we will be more than fine.

Missing on Quade was rough but it seems like everyone is overlooking the fact that with Sidibe and Brissett now added to Thompson, Chukwu and Moyer our front court should be in good shape for the next 4-5 years. And that is a HUGE deal.

shouldn't you be on your board explaining to the other yokels who Quade Green is?
and, also, why doesn't paypal use the vaunted platoon anymore?

What? Is that an attempt at humor? Epic fail there.

Well, at least know your facts if you're going to throw shade. Just sayin...
Hey guys...Why do UK basketball players use body heat activated deodorant? Because it's the closet they will come to getting a "Degree"

Hey guys...Why do UK basketball players use body heat activated deodorant? Because it's the closet they will come to getting a "Degree"

What? Is that an attempt at humor?

Actually, that wasn't too bad.