Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

CuseRaised: I appreciate you posting and understand your frustration as a lot of fans are losing their shizz over this. They have a perspective that is not personal as they don't know the player personally. It happens. We're fans and we want players who want Syracuse. That's all.

But I do have a question for you. In reading your posts I definitely get the sense you have a very low opinion of the integrity of the SU coaching staff. Do you base your opinions on first hand experience and information or on observations from a distance? Did you advise QG on staying away from Syracuse as a result? And finally, do you have similar quality information about the practices and integrity of the UK staff (you give the impression they are better for QG which is why I ask)?

I ask these questions because the answers are important to the future of the program we love.

I don't see FH or TB going to the draft next year. Just not enough pt

PG FH
SG TB
SF MM
PF TT
C PC

Brisset
+2

On top of that, we have a darn good team this year. Sky is not falling
I really dont think Lydon is going anywhere either the way hes been playing lately.

It's 3 games. Get a grip. My god people are off their rockers around here.
It's not complete lunacy. He probably does leave, but I'm starting to wonder what position he plays in the league.

3? Not sure he is athletic enough. 4? After last year I thought stretch 4, but his shot had abandoned him so far this year. Only a 5 game sample so that could change

PG FH
SG TB
SF MM
PF TT
C PC

Brisset
+2

Agree. the 1,2,4 and 5 positions are fine in that lineup. In the very limited amount I have seen MM, not sure he will be the answer at 3 next year. Would need a 5th year guy to fill that spot. MM becomes 6th man and backs up the 3 and 4 position.

That dudes posting history was interesting. All in bball recruiting. Not one in another forum. Had some good stuff and concerns about UK early
How he's talking about Quade and his mother makes me think he either knows the family personally, or know someone who knows the family.

However, it doesn't take a genius to see that once UK enters a recruiting battle, all bets are off.

re: BJ, Ron, Kaleb. A lot of programs run guys out, Calhoun was notoroious for it. BJ seems like he might be LaSalle's best player, Ron Patterson is starting at IUPUI and KJ is redshirting at Creighton. BJ Johnson would NOT be starting for us this year, and would very likely be behind Lydon, Roberson, AW3, TRob and TT on the wings. So you tell the player "hey, the PT might not be what you want" - you have the honest conversation and if they decide to leave because they want to play more, they have every right.

PG FH
SG TB
SF MM
PF TT
C PC

Brisset
+2

Best case: Lydon and Battle come back. Worst case: Neither come back.

However I think you have it right. There are still 2017 recruits out there and we will get Sidbie, and potentially 1 or 2 more. Expect us to hit the 5th year grad transfer market hard again.

We will be "JB deep" next year, aka 7 guys playing. But Howard, Battle and TT have the potential to make All-ACC (not all 1st team, obviously) so we will have some star power

That will be a middle of the pack ACC team which is fine, coming off a Final Four last year and potentially an even bigger run this year.

Losing Quade as a PLAYER doesn't hurt that much since we have FH and hopefully TB - it's more of a dick punch because we had the kid for 2 years and lost him in 24 hours.

Reading for content must not be your strong point. So I want you to go back and read my posts. If you decide to do so you will see where I said hours before his commitment that "Qude is getting that bag, so either SU is giving him that bag or KU is giving him that bag, but Quade is getting that bag."

I'm reading this thread, I'm not going back to read through dozens of pages in that train wreck of the other thread. And I was responding to your posts in this thread.

But thank you for confirming what I've said all along--he made a good business decision, and our coaching staff over at the 11th hour. So you'll forgive me for not sharing your opinion on what a stand up guy he is.

He drove a hard bargain.

So you're just mad because he did to the staff the same thing that the staff does to kids all the time. I guess that make sense. Why don't you take a long look at the kids they pushed out of here over all the years because they didn't live up to their standards. It happens all over the country. Who cares if Quade strung the staff along. Basketball coaches string recruits along every day. Stop it and go find something better to do than talk bad about an 18 year old kid.

Maybe you should try to sound like less of a and stop posting no one wants to hear your whine.

If nothing else, I hope this episode makes SU fans appreciate more the players who choose to come and play here.
I remember in the recent past, Syracuse would recruit multiple players at a position and take the first one that would commit. Sometimes this worked out really well and sometimes it did not. By putting all of our eggs in one basket, I got the feeling/impression that they had an solid understanding from the player that he was coming. Really wished that we had gotten someone else to commit and was better prepared for this situation.

If nothing else, I hope this episode makes SU fans appreciate more the players who choose to come and play here.

Posters were told to calm down two months ago when commits weren't happening: "relax we're involved with a lot of high end talent!!"

And at the end of the day, involved and $3 will get you a large coffee at Dunkin'

Watching Green & Richards with Hami at UK next season is going to be tough.

This all but guarantees Battle declares for the draft even if he's a 2nd rounder.

I don't watch Kentucky basketball unless it's vs us. They've out recruited us every year for the last 13 and their results don't match their classes on the whole.

It's pretty sad reading all of these posts of adults bashing a kid who made the best decision that he thought for him and his family. Quade doesn't owe Syracuse anything. If he couldn't play ball these college coaches wouldn't care 2 cents about him, and if a kid doesn't pan out these coaches are quick to push the kid right out the door and move on right to the next kid. All the FAKE love. They love you than they hate you. I told the forum a long time ago that Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He was taught at an early age to use them the same way they use you. I told you a long time ago that Quade is trying to take care of his mother, who is a single parent. He is getting that bag and trying to get to the NBA. I have nothing but respect for the kid.
I think he lacks integrity and respect and I take pleasure in imagining his dismay when he gets there. Kentucky is decades behind the northeast culture and he is in for a shock when he's off court. I hate using the word hillbillies but most are. I think Calapari owns only suit in the state. Here comes a hip( he thinks he is) philly kid trying to get along with dimwits. Unless your there for sports people outside Kentucky don't flock there for an education. And years down the road he can go down there and hang out as an unknown compared to other realsuperstars ( ie Davis Towns etc)instead of with us near his hometown where he may have been legend. My roommate at Cuse went to Chapel hill freshmen year and was miserable( he's jersey) and said even the girls were dumb dumb dumb. Enjoy your college life lost amongst bigger superstars.no hard feelings(felt you were too short anyway)

What? Quade owes the fans nothing. He owes his self and his family. Would you care anything about Quade if he couldn't play basketball? No you would not. Sorry, Quade mad the best move for him, regardless of how long it took.

I tend to care that all young men get a degree from Syracuse vs Kentucky. It's a better education in a better part of the country.

Also taking "bags" and dealing with shady characters to get where you think you want to go is not good for anyone.

Loyalty is only used when it fits the narrative of the person using it I guess. Why don't you ask Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and countless others about loyalty.

That's cute. Maybe the staff did what's best for them by suggesting they go elsewhere if they want to play? Wouldn't keeping them here but benching them be a bit worse? We've had kids choose that, and they play with walkons.

You can do what's best for the program and the kid. Too nuanced for you?

I think he lacks integrity and respect and I take pleasure in imagining his dismay when he gets there. Kentucky is decades behind the northeast culture and he is in for a shock when he's off court. I hate using the word hillbillies but most are. I think Calapari owns only suit in the state. Here comes a hip( he thinks he is) philly kid trying to get along with dimwits. Unless your there for sports people outside Kentucky don't flock there for an education. And years down the road he can go down there and hang out as an unknown compared to other realsuperstars ( ie Davis Towns etc)instead of with us near his hometown where he may have been legend. My roommate at Cuse went to Chapel hill freshmen year and was miserable( he's jersey) and said even the girls were dumb dumb dumb. Enjoy your college life lost amongst bigger superstars.no hard feelings(felt you were too short anyway)

Sorry but this is a stupid take. What you are saying here is more ignorant than what you claim the level is in the state of Kentucky.

Is it safe to assume that everyone here criticizing Green for his "lack of integrity" & "stringing the staff along" felt the same way about Battle after he went back on his Michigan verbal?

I didn't think so.

Sorry but this is a stupid take. What you are saying here is more ignorant than what you claim the level is in the state of Kentucky.
I'm venting and being sarcastic naive one. If course Kentucky has educated people but did you ever listen to the Kentucky commentators when they lost to Indiana on last second 3. If not do it. Maybe you will be able to differentiate sarcasm and seriousness

CuseRaised: I appreciate you posting and understand your frustration as a lot of fans are losing their shizz over this. They have a perspective that is not personal as they don't know the player personally. It happens. We're fans and we want players who want Syracuse. That's all.

But I do have a question for you. In reading your posts I definitely get the sense you have a very low opinion of the integrity of the SU coaching staff. Do you base your opinions on first hand experience and information or on observations from a distance? Did you advise QG on staying away from Syracuse as a result? And finally, do you have similar quality information about the practices and integrity of the UK staff (you give the impression they are better for QG which is why I ask)?

I ask these questions because the answers are important to the future of the program we love.

I wasn't going to even respond beacuse of the amount of ignorance on here displayed towards a child but I changed my mind. A lot of you guys are taking this personal. It's nothing personal. Unfortunately this is a business and the coaches treat it as such. Quade and a lot of these top recruits are just smart enough to know that. College basketball is a money maker and these players are disposable to these coaches, especially at the high major level. It's nothing personal against Syracuse, Kentucky is the same way. You think the Harrison twins wanted to leave? Cal forced them out. Did you see what Cal did to Ryan Harrow once he didn't pan out? Ryan should have stayed at NC State. He had a very good freshman season. Actually Ryan came in as a freshman and played really well against SU in the Dome. Then what happens Cal and UK come in and do what they do and he transfers to Kentucky. Once there they find out that they don't like him and then you can't even imagine what they did to him. The kid ended up at Georgia State. So again these coaches don't really care about these kids. They care about winning and keeping their jobs. Unless you're a HOF coach like JB you really don't have to worry about losing your job too much but they want to win. If you can't help them win then you are pretty much no good to them anymore. That's why I said it's all fake love. The same with the fans. They love you then they hate you. I get it fans love their teams but a lot of them sound like spoiled brats. If you really loved Quade you would be happy for him regardless, and you wouldn't bash an 18 year old kid who is being pulled and pressured in a thousand different directions. You wouldn't bash a kid who is trying to make probably the biggest decision of his life thus far. Go back and read the thread and you will see all the evil and nasty things adults are calling him. Why? All because an 18 year old didn't chose the school that they wanted him to chose? So you tell me who is really all those nasty words Quade or all these fake fans? I will touch on another issue for a moment but people are going to need to take their orange blinders off. I get it and we all love SU on here but you really need to take a long look. I mentioned other recruits but look as close as the Syracuse area and see how they did some of their very own kids over the years such as Dajuan Coleman. Say what you want and I know he had injuries but they never developed him over the years. I give Dajuan Coleman a lot of praise for everything he has gone through and I will give SU this much, they didn't run him out. But the only reason why I think that is because he is from the Syracuse area. So instead what they do is make him that token player who they let start and run about 5 trips up in down the court every game before they take him out. They might take him out after two trips up the court depending on wether or not JB feels he did something wrong and wants to scream on him. So I guess that's loyalty because they let the graduate senior play 8 or so minutes a game. We don't have to go back very far. Let us just take a look at the last game. Take a look at the possession that Frank Howard turned the ball over. Did you see what JB did to him? Give me a break, it was one turnover. JB snatched him right out and screamed on him. Then he put Gillon in and he got a turnover and JB lost his mind and took him right out and put Frank back in. Then Frank gets a basket and then hit a 3 as soon as he gets back in. JB should have just coached him through the first turnover anyway instead of screaming on him and yanking him out. Don't you think Frank is playing well and he earned that right? That's how players develop and get better. They don't get better when they're forced to play always looking over their shoulders like robots and puppets. You don't think recruits notice that? I know the string is longer for different players but I want you to really look and watch the game without your orange blinders on. Quade probably wouldn't even have started next year here regardless of what the staff told him. Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He's a crazy competitor and he hates to loose. I also want you to remember one thing, Quade is from Philly. Dion Waiters is from Philly. Now I want you to ask yourself how was Dion's relationship with the staff at SU?

I could say so much more but I have already wrote your eyes off long enough, in far too much length I may add. But I will end with loyalty again because a lot of people have mentioned that. Let's take a look at SU's most loyal recent recruit Matthew Moyer. Look how loyal he has been to SU. He's been promoting SU since day one and he's been even trying to help get other recruits to commit to SU. It didn't take SU long to turn their loyalty towards him but he's such a good kid he can't even see that they have already started to turn on him. Some might say they're doing him a favor by giving him a redshirt year but others see this could be the beginning to a not so good place for him there. Do you think he redshirted because of injury? He redshirted because the staff found out he's not good enough to play there right now. So I'm telling you if he doesn't develop to their standards he with either never really play there or they will ship him out on the next flight leaving the airport and recruit somebody else over him. Now tell me again about loyalty. Long story short Quade and the rest of these kids don't owe anybody loyalty except their families and their selfs. Quade did what he felt was best for him and his family regardless of how he did it and regardless of who didn't like it. Quade wants to get to the NBA and take care of his family and he believes Kentucky is the best way for him to do that at. Case closed.

I wasn't going to even respond beacuse of the amount of ignorance on here displayed towards a child but I changed my mind. A lot of you guys are taking this personal. It's nothing personal. Unfortunately this is a business and the coaches treat it as such. Quade and a lot of these top recruits are just smart enough to know that. College basketball is a money maker and these players are disposable to these coaches, especially at the high major level. It's nothing personal against Syracuse, Kentucky is the same way. You think the Harrison twins wanted to leave? Cal forced them out. Did you see what Cal did to Ryan Harrow once he didn't pan out? Ryan should have stayed at NC State. He had a very good freshman season. Actually Ryan came in as a freshman and played really well against SU in the Dome. Then what happens Cal and UK come in and do what they do and he transfers to Kentucky. Once there they find out that they don't like him and then you can't even imagine what they did to him. The kid ended up at Georgia State. So again these coaches don't really care about these kids. They care about winning and keeping their jobs. Unless you're a HOF coach like JB you really don't have to worry about losing your job too much but they want to win. If you can't help them win then you are pretty much no good to them anymore. That's why I said it's all fake love. The same with the fans. They love you then they hate you. I get it fans love their teams but a lot of them sound like spoiled brats. If you really loved Quade you would be happy for him regardless, and you wouldn't bash an 18 year old kid who is being pulled and pressured in a thousand different directions. You wouldn't bash a kid who is trying to make probably the biggest decision of his life thus far. Go back and read the thread and you will see all the evil and nasty things adults are calling him. Why? All because an 18 year old didn't chose the school that they wanted him to chose? So you tell me who is really all those nasty words Quade or all these fake fans? I will touch on another issue for a moment but people are going to need to take their orange blinders off. I get it and we all love SU on here but you really need to take a long look. I mentioned other recruits but look as close as the Syracuse area and see how they did some of their very own kids over the years such as Dajuan Coleman. Say what you want and I know he had injuries but they never developed him over the years. I give Dajuan Coleman a lot of praise for everything he has gone through and I will give SU this much, they didn't run him out. But the only reason why I think that is because he is from the Syracuse area. So instead what they do is make him that token player who they let start and run about 5 trips up in down the court every game before they take him out. They might take him out after two trips up the court depending on wether or not JB feels he did something wrong and wants to scream on him. So I guess that's loyalty because they let the graduate senior play 8 or so minutes a game. We don't have to go back very far. Let us just take a look at the last game. Take a look at the possession that Frank Howard turned the ball over. Did you see what JB did to him? Give me a break, it was one turnover. JB snatched him right out and screamed on him. Then he put Gillon in and he got a turnover and JB lost his mind and took him right out and put Frank back in. Then Frank gets a basket and then hit a 3 as soon as he gets back in. JB should have just coached him through the first turnover anyway instead of screaming on him and yanking him out. Don't you think Frank is playing well and he earned that right? That's how players develop and get better. They don't get better when they're forced to play always looking over their shoulders like robots and puppets. You don't think recruits notice that? I know the string is longer for different players but I want you to really look and watch the game without your orange blinders on. Quade probably wouldn't even have started next year here regardless of what the staff told him. Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He's a crazy competitor and he hates to loose. I also want you to remember one thing, Quade is from Philly. Dion Waiters is from Philly. Now I want you to ask yourself how was Dion's relationship with the staff at SU?

I could say so much more but I have already wrote your eyes off long enough, in far too much length I may add. But I will end with loyalty again because a lot of people have mentioned that. Let's take a look at SU's most loyal recent recruit Matthew Moyer. Look how loyal he has been to SU. He's been promoting SU since day one and he's been even trying to help get other recruits to commit to SU. It didn't take SU long to turn their loyalty towards him but he's such a good kid he can't even see that they have already started to turn on him. Some might say they're doing him a favor by giving him a redshirt year but others see this could be the beginning to a not so good place for him there. Do you think he redshirted because of injury? He redshirted because the staff found out he's not good enough to play there right now. So I'm telling you if he doesn't develop to their standards he with either never really play there or they will ship him out on the next flight leaving the airport and recruit somebody else over him. Now tell me again about loyalty. Long story short Quade and the rest of these kids don't owe anybody loyalty except their families and their selfs. Quade did what he felt was best for him and his family regardless of how he did it and regardless of who didn't like it. Quade wants to get to the NBA and take care of his family and he believes Kentucky is the best way for him to do that at. Case closed.
Agree with most of what you said. One of two things happened here though. Either he got a gift late or he straight played Syracuse. That's why the backlash.

Eh the dudes close to it and sees the hypocrisy in it all. Nothing wrong with that. I'd point out he's been saying this about U.K. For months...
He needs to get a grip and stop taking fan comments so serious.