Some of you people are unreal, through 5 games | Syracusefan.com

Some of you people are unreal, through 5 games

GoSU96

Living Legend
Ryan Nassib by himself has more total yards per game than: Washington, Uconn, Temple, Auburn, Utah, and Maryland. Wisconsin beat him by a yard.

Guess what, you don't do that through half a season and suck.

That's right, he padded his stats against 4 BCS teams out of conference.

Than it is Hack. My post asked the question is it Ryan or is it Hack? Also you cant keep saying that we dont have talent if in fact we put up big numbers against USC and NW. So which is it?

Yeah, just wait till he lines up against that battle-tested Scarlet Knight D.

Its not about Nassib, its about 1 touchdown in two games.

Its an offense that suddenly seems to be back to 2010 levels. Zero downfield passing, no trick plays, no misdirection, and Broylds use fluxuates from game to game with him basically taking nothing but handoffs at this point. The offense versus NW was taking shots down the field, utilizing the TE, and running plays we hadn't seen previously. Now were back to the short mid range passing game and going up against familiar opponents who know our talent and play calling tendencies.

Boy wonder needs to call a solid game against the girls as he has totally sucked the last two.

Ryan Nassib by himself has more total yards per game than: Washington, Uconn, Temple, Auburn, Utah, and Maryland. Wisconsin beat him by a yard.

What do you predict from him in conference?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Go, the problem is that he has been trending down: 228 yards vs Minnesota, 185 vs Pitt. Now, I think the absence of Kobena is a big unrecognized factor but, man, he's going in the wrong direction. That fade to Sales...awful.

What do you predict from him in conference?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I predict Pain.jpg

First I'll say that I think Nassib had an off night against Pitt. He was definitely off his game.

A couple of things that I've noticed with Nassib this year. He rarely rolls right and throws on the run anymore. That seemed to be one of his strengths in the past. He used to be pretty accurate with that pass.

At least during the Pitt game he wasn't looking off who he considered his primary receiver. There were times in past years where he'd actually look and occasionally find a secondary receiver open.

I'm hoping it's just a two game slump, although I do think that opposing coaches have figured out how to slow down our passing game. Ryan has seemed confused since some adjustments have been made.

Our receivers lost the battle on Saturday. They couldn't gain separation most of the game. This certainly creates a problem. Minny took Sales out for most of the game and our receivers have only average speed. Without Kobena, they don't put much fear with the long ball.

So it is almost like saying he is playing up to the tougher competition, but playing down to the lesser competition thus far. Besides NW & USC and not counting Stony Brook (non-BCS), Nassib has been average at best against Minny and Pitt. NW & USC were the two best teams we played so far, Minny and Pitt are both below them, yet Nassib has put together his worst games against the latter. The stats don't lie.

I am more concerned with that than anything.

Go, the problem is that he has been trending down: 228 yards vs Minnesota, 185 vs Pitt. Now, I think the absence of Kobena is a big unrecognized factor but, man, he's going in the wrong direction. That fade to Sales...awful.

I know it's hard to imagine but even the best aren't perfect every throw.

Our receivers lost the battle on Saturday. They couldn't gain separation most of the game. This certainly creates a problem. Minny took Sales out for most of the game and our receivers have only average speed. Without Kobena, they don't put much fear with the long ball.
Not true!!!! Our play calling took our recievers out of the game plan. We needed to take more shots down field. I was screaming for us to go deep as if you want to beat press you need to take it vertical

We're 2-3 and the offense has been crizzzapy the past 2 games. Even after Pugh came back. You remember, the guy you said would make it all better.

You've decided we've turned the corner. I mean you said as much. Even threw a "bitches" in for dramatic effect.

Some of us aren't so sure just yet.

And you know what Go? There isample reason to believe the overall O's success is not sustainable. Declining points scored in each game for one:

41 - 29 - 24 -17 - (essentially 7).

I'm not picking on Nassib here, I'm picking on the offensive production. It ain't trending BETTER and the same way our awful punt coverage will doom us at the bottom of the NCAA thanks to the first two games, they also are keep the overall stats afloat.

I am not anti-Nassib, mind you. I'm just not bought in that your "turned the corner" moniker will stick the whole year. Hope it does, but...

i guess it's just a coincidence. let's hope that his rating doesn't go down as much as it has in the past because this was his worst showing from a rating perspective before the conference games.

the press coverage people should consider that he's part of the reason teams are so willing to risk getting beat deep

I know that you're talking to the posters who are saying the kid flat out sucks, but in reality, the ONLY stat that matters for QBs is W's. You can have Dan Marino. I'll take Joe Montana everyday of the week.

hes had 4 years with doogie, 3 games v pitt, and 2 weeks to prepare...and he gave us 1 lousy game.

thank the good lord we won, for next saturday is gonna be brutal.

thank the good lord we won, for next saturday is gonna be brutal.

Didn't you say the same thing before last Friday nights game? Not that it wasn't brutal.

hell i'm real and i'll even let you pinch me at the next game,but not on the butt though as i know you might enjoy that more than me

You've decided we've turned the corner. I mean you said as much. Even threw a "bitches" in for dramatic effect.
In fairness though that was the best cold open to a post I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Didn't you say the same thing before last Friday nights game? Not that it wasn't brutal.
I made no prediction for the Pitt game, just said doogie should resign/get fired if Syracuse loses.

I expect to lose this one, hope I'm wrong.

I agree with everything you said Go, and I also think that Ryan looked jumpy against Pitt... more like his Sophomore self than his senior self. I expect a great game from him against Rutgers, providing out WRs get separation.

i guess it's just a coincidence. let's hope that his rating doesn't go down as much as it has in the past because this was his worst showing from a rating perspective before the conference games.

the press coverage people should consider that he's part of the reason teams are so willing to risk getting beat deep

True.