some perspective | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

some perspective

Well, since we're all nitpicking in this thread, 0.17% is less than 2/10ths of one percent. I assume you mean 17%. Likewise with the 0.23%. It's kind of a big difference as misplaced decimals have sunk people's careers in finance.

You got me there. I can use a calculator but that's about it.

If the next VT coach has these numbers you can bet he'll be gone well before 6 years, and btw SS is no Frank Beamer.

Would love to know who thought Frank Beamer was going to be Frank Beamer at 24-40 and a 2-8-1 in his 6th year (in the big east! which included rutgers and temple)

Would love to know who thought Frank Beamer was going to be Frank Beamer at 24-40 and a 2-8-1 in his 6th year (in the big east! which included rutgers and temple)
Fine you've got me. SU has a vastly underrated gem of a coach in SS, the next Beamer or Cutcliffe if only we persevere. He took virtually no talent left behind by Doug Marrone and miraculously fashioned a 7-6 season, albeit one with horrendous blowouts by Clemson, FSU and GT. But give credit where credit is due. 2014 would have been 8-4 at worst but for an unbelievable run of injuries, including to the no talent qb Marrone left behind. This year we'd be 6-3 right now except for 5-6 plays that went against us or that the refs blew. Not to worry that every team we play posts one of its best day of the year on offense, and that we give up 40 ppg on the road. Next year, if only we can hang on to SS in the face of the other offers he'll get, is sure to be 7-5 or better because he and his hand-picked staff will coach up our bottom of the ACC recruiting classes. Attendance is tanking, but that's only because short-sighted fans don't buy into the 10 year plan. At least SS is a model of professionalism and clarity in his game management skills and post-game pressers, timeouts, squib kicks, ISIS and late comebacks from 31 down notwithstanding.
Excuse (or maybe not) the heavy dose of sarcasm, but I've been attending games since 1969, my family has 8 SU degrees, and the state of our football program right now is lousy (and to say that I'm really pulling punches).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom