some post-mortem thoughts on the recently Departed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

some post-mortem thoughts on the recently Departed

Judging the success of a season can be pretty subjective. For me, it's a process of determining our potential through our level of play through the end of December, and then seeing if we can live up to it through the harder part of the schedule. Does the team progress and get better? For me a successful season will show improvement barring injuries or eligibility issues that plagued 2 recent teams that played quite well. I expect all SU teams to represent itself well, but that's not enough. This season was not a success to me because the team did not live up to its potential, did not progress and improve, and when looking at the season as a whole, the team has nothing to hang it's hat on in conclusion. No regular season title, not even an ACC win, and out the first weekend in NCAA. To add insult to injury, two of the players that would be absolutely integral to our teams success next year left the school. A single snapshot of the team at 25-0 or the Maui win or the last second heroics were just that, a snapshot memory. The season to me was not a success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom