Some Signs of Movement on the Missouri Front | Syracusefan.com

Some Signs of Movement on the Missouri Front

What we (Syracuse fans) should be rooting for...

1. Mizzou to the SEC

2. WVU, Louisville, Cincinnati to the Big 12

3. Boise State, Navy, UCF, SMU, and Houston all turn down Big East invitations

4. USF joins the CUSA/MWC Association

5. Big East officially disbands as a football conference and becomes basketball-only, adding Butler, Xavier, etc.

6. UConn joins the MAC

7. Rutgers cancels their football program

...hmmmmm; CUTE! But really, I think any of the following takes care of our months detention being shortened from 27 months:
1. Mizzou goes to SEC...thereby WVU or Louisville go to be # 10 at B12
2. Mizzou goes to SEC...and B12 expands to 12...bye to WVU. Louisville and maybe Cincy along with BYU
3. Mizzou stays in B12; but conference goes to 12 and adds two...WVU, Louisville or BYU
4. Football schools say no way with $10mm fee and BE does not expand
5. Football schools agree with $10mm but shorten detention from 27 months to a year
6. Boise St, SMU, Houston, Navy, Air Force and Marines...no wait, Marines are not invited yet though black ops is likely to take place and blow this rediculous conference to smitherines!

I hope we and Pitt are attending meetings and voting for chaos.

...hmmmmm; CUTE! But really, I think any of the following takes care of our months detention being shortened from 27 months:

If Mizzou goes the SEC, it's been reported that Big 12 will expand to 12 by inviting 3 schools. Odds are good that all three will be Big East schools.

BYU is not an option for the Big 12 or probably any conference. That ship has sailed.

If Mizzou goes the SEC, it's been reported that Big 12 will expand to 12 by inviting 3 schools. Odds are good that all three will be Big East schools.

BYU is not an option for the Big 12 or probably any conference. That ship has sailed.

I enjoy that on the Rutgers board they're floating ideas that their key to the Big Ten is adding a hockey team.

True desperation, true schadenfreude. I don't have enough popcorn for all of this.
scarjo_popcorn.gif

I enjoy that on the Rutgers board they're floating ideas that their key to the Big Ten is adding a hockey team.

True desperation, true schadenfreude. I don't have enough popcorn for all of this.

Actually the best reading is Butchy from the UConn board. The New BE with SMU and HOU will be a power both in TV and on the field.

FWIW, I was talking to some Rutgers fans this weekend and they were pretty psyched to be staying in the Big East and about the invited schools.

FWIW, I was talking to some Rutgers fans this weekend and they were pretty psyched to be staying in the Big East and about the invited schools.

Not suprising, it allows them to water down their typically weak, pathetic schedule even further. And since most of their fan base (such as it is) has been following college football for all of 12 seconds, they can sell them on the storied history of Navy and how it's almost like having Alabama in the conference.

And since most of their fan base (such as it is) has been following college football for all of 12 seconds, they can sell them on the storied history of Navy and how it's almost like having Alabama in the conference.

This was the gist of it. New fans of CFB.

I hope we and Pitt are attending meetings and voting for chaos.

We have not been involved in any meeting since announcing as I understand.

But of course we "are still full members for 27 months"...:rolleyes:

Edit: BTW, I could watch her eat popcorn all day. Hell, I'd watch her do laundry or vacuum or sleep.

1. Mizzou to the SEC

5. Big East officially disbands as a football conference and becomes basketball-only, adding Butler, Xavier, etc.

6. UConn joins the MAC

Cearly your post is meant to be funny.

Realistically, the best outcome for SU is that Mizzou stays and the BE is able to draw the six new teams it is targeting.

Everybody is happy and the Orange goes to the ACC next fall.

Realistically, the best outcome for SU is that Mizzou stays and the BE is able to draw the six new teams it is targeting.

You think it's in SU's best interest for the Big East to stay a viable, BCS auto bid conference?

I bet Coach Marrone would disagree with you.

You think it's in SU's best interest for the Big East to stay a viable, BCS auto bid conference?

I bet Coach Marrone would disagree with you.

That's my question too. Respectfully, OPA, I still have not heard one good rationale for why it is in SU's best interests for the BE to rebuild successfully and retain their BCS bid.

That's my question too. Respectfully, OPA, I still have not heard one good rationale for why it is in SU's best interests for the BE to rebuild successfully and retain their BCS bid.

SU's best interest is that UConn and Rutgers are left on an island and are forced to go to ConferenceUSA.

1. Mizzou to the SEC

6. UConn joins the MAC

1. Would not understand the SEC's decision as Mizzou does not seem to be the same type of program as teh SEC and even their newest addition Texas A&M. It does help with basketball, something the SEC could use additional help.

2. I am OK with Cincy and Louisville; would really suck as I want WVU to remain an option for the ACC. They are one of our traditional opponents and have rivalries with Pitt, Maryland and VT. Academics will

3. I sense each of these school are hesitating already. Very funny. I know they mentioned their C-USA experience as the reason why they pulled themselves out but I believe Army has already rejected the Big East. The football program is at a much higher level than a decade ago when they were in C-USA and they already play a few of these teams. Kinda sad when Army says no to your league.

4. USF joining that association makes total sense. The USF/UCF game should be each school's final game of the season. They could build something together.

5. Makes total sense. I think Dayton and even St. Louis (not that far from DePaul, Marquette, Note Dame, even Butler) would be decent additions too.

6. If BC continues to play hard ball, this is probably their only other real option unless ND joins the Big 10 and somehow supports the Huskies joining the league.

7. So are you saying RU will be back to where they were for most of the past century? Has their been another program that has ridden on other coattails without actually contributing to anything themselves more than RU?

1. Would not understand the SEC's decision as Mizzou does not seem to be the same type of program as teh SEC and even their newest addition Texas A&M. It does help with basketball, something the SEC could use additional help.

2. I am OK with Cincy and Louisville; would really suck as I want WVU to remain an option for the ACC. They are one of our traditional opponents and have rivalries with Pitt, Maryland and VT. Academics will

3. I sense each of these school are hesitating already. Very funny. I know they mentioned their C-USA experience as the reason why they pulled themselves out but I believe Army has already rejected the Big East. The football program is at a much higher level than a decade ago when they were in C-USA and they already play a few of these teams. Kinda sad when Army says no to your league.

4. USF joining that association makes total sense. The USF/UCF game should be each school's final game of the season. They could build something together.

5. Makes total sense. I think Dayton and even St. Louis (not that far from DePaul, Marquette, Note Dame, even Butler) would be decent additions too.

6. If BC continues to play hard ball, this is probably their only other real option unless ND joins the Big 10 and somehow supports the Huskies joining the league.

7. So are you saying RU will be back to where they were for most of the past century? Has their been another program that has ridden on other coattails without actually contributing to anything themselves more than RU?

Screw WVU. I think we learned from the Greg Robinson debacle that as one program goes down, one can go up as a result. Rutgers' ascension to mediocrity was entirely as a result of our downfall.

So screw 'em all.

SU's best interest is that UConn and Rutgers are left on an island and are forced to go to ConferenceUSA.

Depends - the merger between C-USA and MWest could end up qualifying as a BCS conference - not sure if I would agree with you if that happens.

Not meant to be funny at all (well, the last point maybe).

If your outcome becomes reality, then we'll deal. But that's certainly not the best outcome for Syracuse University.

Whether we understand it or not, there's a reason why Mizzou has been on SEC's radar and reportedly gave them an offer.

Not sure where you were going to go with your academics point, but that's exactly why WVU will not be an ACC member.

My guess is Army wants nothing to do with any conference, much less a conference in flux. And without Army, Navy is going to be tough to grab (although they are definitely more interested than Army is).

Yep, I could see this happening. The MWCUSA is at 22 teams now. I could see them expanding to 24 with 12 in each "division."

It would actually be a fun conference to follow from a distance.

I pray that doesn't happen. It's best for us for there to be as few BCS programs in the northeast as possible. But if UConn had to go anywhere I would hope it would be the ACC.

Hopefully.

Not meant to be funny at all (well, the last point maybe).

If your outcome becomes reality, then we'll deal. But that's certainly not the best outcome for Syracuse University.

Obviously I disagree with you.

First, your outcome is very, very unlikely.

Second, your outcome includes way to much uncertainty and instability.

UConn is not going to the MAC and neither is Rutgers. Both are going to be around and if what you hope for occurs both could end up in the ACC - I don't want that.

Plus, the trauma that would occur if the BE were to die could boomerang the Orange somehow - maybe the ACC decides that the fall-out is too difficult and rescinds the invitation.

In any arena - business, sports - the unknown or lack of stability are not good things.

The reconstituted BE maintains stability, allows the Orange to move on, and keeps UConn and Rutgers at bay to a certain, and realistic degree.

Screw WVU. I think we learned from the Greg Robinson debacle that as one program goes down, one can go up as a result. Rutgers' ascension to mediocrity was entirely as a result of our downfall.

So screw 'em all.

The "screw them all" approach will be remembered at some point. I don't think that's the way to deal with what are really a bunch of business partners.

And I don't think Rutgers' acension was due entirely to our program. It was due primarily to investments that we did not make and to a statewide effort - over the course of years - to improve the program.

I think it would be more accurate to say that Rutgers' acension - and the acension of others including UConn - helped hurt our program.

Depends - the merger between C-USA and MWest could end up qualifying as a BCS conference - not sure if I would agree with you if that happens.

Doesn't matter...even if the MWC/CUSA merger happens it would still be considered a joke. Plus you would have 20+ teams trying for one slot. They wouldn't get a second slot. The ACC would have a much better chance at two slots--granted not as good as the SEC or Big 10.

I think we'll see one Big East team (Rutgizz or UConn) get a life raft along with Notre Dame eventually. The BE's best hope is to stay together and hope they can convince NBC/Versus to take them to supplement the ND contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom