Some things i saw rewatching the game | Syracusefan.com

Some things i saw rewatching the game

upperdeck

Living Legend
1) foster was hurt before the game started. was limping from the first play on and had tape on his calf.
2) a couple self inflicted mistakes in the 1st half or its 45-0
3) coley was completely lost while in there, but the long run was on Guthrie not him as he tried to recover and slipped but Guthrie attacked the wrong shoulder creating a cut back lane. nice play call with the 5 wide set
4) The fumble on the howards run should have been called a horse collar tackle, pretty clear on replay thats how he slowed him enough to cause the fumble
5) it was almost an automatic when uconn played off the 2 WR sets we just threw it for 5-15 every time, clemson will not make that so easy
6) riley was a player away from 3 other long returns
7) if our RBs had just a bit more zip we probably have three 60td runs in the game
8) we ripped the zone, but how much zone do we see against teams with better DBs?
9) Harris is getting better every time out there.
10) interesting the stuff we are not running from some of these formations, mainly because we dont have to yet
11) still amazing to see Dungey catch up to strickland on his long run,
12) the chop block on strickland that stopped the last drive of the half as an awful call.

at thats just the first half

Last edited:
Foster may have gone into the game with a bad calf, but he hurt his groin right in front of me and that seemed to bother him a lot.

1) foster was hurt before the game started. was limping from the first play on and had tape on his calf.
2) a couple self inflicted mistakes in the 1st half or its 45-0
3) coley was completely lost while in there, but the long run was on Guthrie not him as he tried to recover and slipped but Guthrie attacked the wrong shoulder creating a cut back lane. nice play call with the 5 wide set
4) The fumble on the howards run should have been called a horse collar tackle, pretty clear on replay thats how he slowed him enough to cause the fumble
5) it was almost an automatic when uconn played off the 2 WR sets we just threw it for 5-15 every time, clemson will not make that so easy
6) riley was a player away from 3 other long returns
7) if our RBs had just a bit more zip we probably have three 60td runs in the game
8) we ripped the zone, but how much zone do we see against teams with better DBs?
9) Harris is getting better every time out there.
10) interesting the stuff we are not running from some of these formations, mainly because we dont have to yet
11) still amazing to see Dungey catch up to strickland on his long run,
12) the chop block on strickland that stopped the last drive of the half as an awful call.

at thats just the first half
Pretty sure that it's only a horse collar if the offensive player is dragged straight to the ground by the collar. It is not a penalty to simply grab it to slow him down

Bradshaw also looks like he has been hobbling around. I think that’s why he has had some coverage issues.

Guthrie has had some issues with gap coverage and I fully expect Clemson will attempt to take advantage.

I think the offense is only about 70% open at this point. Think about the vertical game we have yet to see materialize this year.

This team starts fast on offense and slows down in the middle. It will be good to have for this game especially. If we get out early and force Lawrence to play from behind it will bode well for us. If the offense sputters at the beginning then we will need to make it a rock fight. It concerns me that we came out slow against FSU.

Pretty sure that it's only a horse collar if the offensive player is dragged straight to the ground by the collar. It is not a penalty to simply grab it to slow him down
i know but if you watch the play he is holding on all the way until he hits the ground.

I think FSU was more shooting ourselves in the foot and dungey not being quite right though.. if Custis just catches the wide open throw who know how it changes the flow. if we score from the 4 too,, 6 becomes 20 pretty easily. but like every game you only get so many chances and you have to cash them in.. no doubt we get less chances vs clemson and i worry when we go 4-5 wide that the oline blows up.

UConn was incredibly efficient at tackling and tripping up the legs of the ball carrier. How many times did they swipe at the SU ball carrier and trip them up? It had to be a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom