Some thoughts circling through my mind... | Syracusefan.com

Some thoughts circling through my mind...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Wonder if we could see some of Jerami Grant at the 5 against Duke if Roberson emerges showing some midpost offense this week. He has shown flashes this year. I trust Grant in the high post off the screen and roll to create havoc off the dribble that keita and rak can't. And duke doesn't have the strength downlow without a slow plumlee out there. Not sure Rak or Keita will be able to get back for offensive boards off the screen it will be a challenge for them. Creating offensive boards against duke isn't easy but key. Thats something that ucla and miami weren't good at and a big reason they got blown out of the game. Duke wouldn't even allow them a second offensive rebounder in the paint with their perimeter d. Like the 08-09 nova team, Duke plays tough perimeter D not as much in your face but they are long uptop, but unlike that nova team they are weak inside. Ennis will be seeing some screens.

Watched GT on the road they were up 36 to 15 @ VT in the first half with 7 minutes left on the road. They are no slouch. Of course vt plays absolutely no defense.

Can't wait to see Mccullough next year. I think he is going to be alot like Jerami Grant just oozing nba talent. I hope Rak returns with Dajuan and Obokoh next to him. Hope CM continues to improve on his motor because we probably only have him for a year. I also think he will be our offensive perimeter forward when Roberson is in.

Curious on what Ron Patterson is working on in practice these days. Wonder if him and BJ are trying to improve their handle to maybe play some backup point someday. I would like that with BJ's three point shooting and ability to change direction with the ball behind the back. We haven't had a true shooting gunslinger at point since Gmac. We tried Devendorf at times but it didn't work all that well of course when you don't have a sg to drive next to him then he had to force off the dribble as well. Hope Ron is building his arm muscles to keep them up 24/7 he has the muscletone to do so with the wingspan of a pf. I remember seeing a recent picture of him reaching up and tugging on the net from a flatfooted standstill and it brought back flashbacks of Paul Harris.
Patterson12.jpg

chrismccullough_display_image.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors