Some thoughts on the program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some thoughts on the program

He could not play ahead of Gillon, despite being given the job. He only played to that fatigue. He made me miss Kaleb Joseph.

When was he given the job? They specifically brought in a 5th year to compete. That's not being handed a job. The first game of the year he got 22 mins, Gillian got 21. At zero point was he ever given the job. If you think he ducks fine, but that is a ridiculously Erroneous statement.

And again -- you wrote that I stated he'd be good. I never said that. I specifically said decent.

If you want to argue that Howard is awful at hoops, fine. But in two posts you've done nothing other than state your opinion that he sucks. That's fine but pathetic from an informed discussion standpoint.

We just don't know yet. I wouldn't be surprised either way. If he can or can't contribute.

I disagree. We've seen good frank. I mean, half the people calling for his head were saying he was better than MCW at one point this year. Granted, this board (myself included) is bipolar but we've seen a ton of that. A bunch of alumni talked about how well frank played preseason. He averaged 10 mpg during our five-game NCAA run last year, including 19 mins in a 3-pt win vs gonzaga. I personally saw him play really well in that game at Carolina. Everyone here was in agreement that his shot looked better earlier this year.

The idea that frank will be really good seems far-fetched, but capable of being a solid backup option at PG? It's certainly possible. Do we know for sure? No, but there are always things we don't know for sure about basically any player.

At the end the day, having veterans is usually a good thing even if they are limited. Frank's character may make him the exception (I don't know), but as a guy capable of 10-12 mpg? I think that's possible and maybe even likely.

I think Lydon's lack of offensive production correlates pretty closely with when he knew he was playing ironman.

I'm curious if Iommi found it a fitting tribute?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom