Somebody look at Maryland’s resume and compare it to ours | Syracusefan.com

Somebody look at Maryland’s resume and compare it to ours

Alsacs

Living Legend
They are a projected 5 seed.
13-7 in the Big Ten.
They beat nobody in the nonconference and lost to the only P5 team they played Virginia at home and lost to Seton Hall at home.
They have wins over Purdue and Wisconsin at home.
Iowa and Ohio State wins are okay then they beat up on the Big Ten tomato cans just like us.
Zero wins against Michigan or Michigan State.

We went 10-8. Basically the losses to UConn, Old Dominion, Buffalo cost us a 4 seed. It’s amazing how down college basketball is across the board.
4/5 seeds are going to ripe for upsets depending on the matchups in the NCAAT.

My point is the gap between 5 seed and 9 seed isn’t a lot.
If we could beat Duke honestly we could move up some seed lines.

With how tough our conference schedules is now I think we don’t need to worry about the quality of the tomato can games anymore.
As we beat Northeastern and Colgate both of whom won their automatic berths and we don’t care.

On a neutral court they would be 2.5 point favorites against us. They are better than we are.

On a neutral court they would be 2.5 point favorites against us. They are better than we are.
Our offense isn’t good enough to be favored over any really solid NCAA P5 team but my point is that they are a projected 5 seed with that resume. Which tells me if we played 3 garbage tomato cans instead of UConn/Old Dominion/Buffalo were are looking at a 4 or 5 seed.

13-7 in the Big Ten.
They beat nobody in the nonconference and lost to the only P5 team they played Virginia at home and lost to Seton Hall at home.
Iowa and Ohio State then they beat up on the Big Ten tomato cans just like us.

We went 10-8. Basically the losses to UConn, Old Dominion, Buffalo cost us a 4 seed. It’s amazing how down college basketball is across the board.

Agreed, only they are 13-8 in Q1+Q2 games. SU is 7-10. SOS is comparable. Makes sense they are a consensus 5.

My guess is, even with a win tonight, our ceiling is a 6 (or possibly a 5 if we win the ACCT because there is nothing left but Q1 games). With a loss tonight, I feel we get the 8 (possibly a 7).

Our offense isn’t good enough to be favored over any really solid NCAA P5 team but my point is that they are a projected 5 seed with that resume. Which tells me if we played 3 garbage tomato cans instead of UConn/Old Dominion/Buffalo were are looking at a 4 or 5 seed.

If we played Iowa, Washington, Oklahoma, TCU, Or Ole Miss we would be favored. Those could all be matchups for us in the 8/9 game.

Agreed, only they are 13-8 in Q1+Q2 games. SU is 7-10. SOS is comparable. Makes sense they are a consensus 5.

My guess is, even with a win tonight, our ceiling is a 6 (or possibly a 5 if we win the ACCT because there is nothing left but Q1 games). With a loss tonight, I feel we get the 8 (possibly a 7).
The Q1+Q2 wins are because Knicks411 did the numbers the entire Big Ten all 14 teams are Quad 1 or at worst Quad 2 like Illinois teams by the numbers.
The bottom of the ACC numbers aren’t as high.
I get your point though.

I just don't want to be an 8/9 seed and have to play a #1 in rd 2. I think we can beat anyone that isn't used to the zone outside of maybe Gonzaga, Kentucky and Tennessee . Basically caps us at 2nd rd and out. Hope we end up 7/10/11/12 instead. Getting any of UNC, Duke, VA in rd 2 would be balls as well.

The Q1+Q2 wins are because Knicks411 did the numbers the entire Big Ten all 14 teams are Quad 1 or at worst Quad 2 like Illinois teams by the numbers.
I get your point though.
Again that's not how seeding is done.

I just don't want to be an 8/9 seed and have to play a #1 in rd 2. I think we can beat anyone that isn't used to the zone outside of maybe Gonzaga, Kentucky and Tennessee . Basically caps us at 2nd rd and out. Hope we end up 7/10/11/12 instead. Getting any of UNC, Duke, VA in rd 2 would be balls as well.
My ideal spot. Is we get into the 7-10 seed range with LSU as the 2 seed.
Their drama with their coach kills their team and they draw some scrappy 15 seed which knocks them off and we get a 2016 shot all over again.
LSU is ripe to fall apart.

Again that's not how seeding is done.
Brian I am going to be nice. I know how seeding is done.
It’s done by who you play and where you got wins.
My point isn’t killing Maryland. It’s just showing the gap between between them and us isn’t large and we honestly should be where they are if we didn’t have 3 nonconference brain farts.

Brian I am going to be nice. I know how seeding is done.
It’s done by who you play and where you got wins.
My point isn’t killing Maryland. It’s just showing the gap between between them and us isn’t large and we honestly should be where they are if we didn’t have 3 nonconference brain farts.
My bad alsacs I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote cusefan.

I get your point though.
Yes, but the bottom 3 B1G teams are Q2 or Q3, depending on the site of the game. Gotcha.

Wait! There's a worse tomato can than UConn?!?!

13-7 in the Big Ten.
Iowa and Ohio State wins are okay then they beat up on the Big Ten tomato cans just like us.

With how tough our conference schedules is now I think we don’t need to worry about the quality of the tomato can games anymore.
As we beat Northeastern and Colgate both of whom won their automatic berths and we don’t care.
i agree that the way the rankings are being done this season are not very predictive of how the games will actually turn out and there will be a lot "upsets"

to me what is important is who have you beaten - where are your big wins?

theres a lot of teams without many big wins who are ranked pretty highly compared to other seasons, imo.

it seems now that who have you lost to is more important...but i still value who have you beaten more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom