SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK BABERS THE QUESTION | Syracusefan.com

SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK BABERS THE QUESTION

Dcuse

All Conference
tomorrow at his news conference. Why did you pocket your timeouts with time on the clock and within 2 scores? How could NOBODY ask him that post game??? That was worse than what Dino did.

tomorrow at his news conference. Why did you pocket your timeouts with time on the clock and within 2 scores? How could NOBODY ask him that post game??? That was worse than what Dino did.

Why does my tablet cut off the left side of all of these SI articles?

That still doesn’t address why he didn’t call the timeouts. It says he had a message for the team after the game
I think that’s the most we’re gonna get out of Dino. Some sort of lesson he wanted to teach them.

So maybe he told the team...but what about the fans( you know...us.) Are we not owed an explanation? If I’m Wildhack, I’m having a sit down with my coach and explaining a few things to him.

He's not going to be asked and he isn't going to explain. The 4 media members left locally don't ever ask tough questions.

So maybe he told the team...but what about the fans( you know...us.) Are we not owed an explanation? If I’m Wildhack, I’m having a sit down with my coach and explaining a few things to him.
This won't be popular but actually he doesn't owe the fans an answer specifically. He has to answer to JW and he should be communicating why to his staff and team. He doesn't owe an answer to fans that get hot and bothered by every decision he does or doesn't make. If you don't like him or what he did that's kind of on you. As always fans have short memories and he will either win and the fans will forgive or he won't and will get fired. You either trust the guy and his approach to the game and team or you don't. JW seems to trust the guy because Dino has not been fired since the game ended for what you'll think was quiting. Executives don't keep "quitters ".

Lots of scared “reporters”...that’s one of the first things people want to know
Who's going to ask, the kids from the DO or Newhouse? I'm pretty sure that none of the remaining PS sports writers even traveled to the game.

AXE FTW...

On why he didn't use any timeouts vs Pitt on last drive: "I was going to use them if we got a third down stop." They were down 11 with 4 mins left, Panthers ran out the clock. Needed a stop, score, onside kick and another score. Babers wanted the TOs for the offense.

Asked about the end of the game against Pitt, Coach Babers runs through what SU needed to do to win the game. Wanted to hold one timeout for after a third down stop. Wanted to save two TOs for the offense. Also as he mentioned Saturday, didn't like Andre Szmyt kicking into the wind at Heinz Field, which why the team went for it on 4th and 6.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers elected not to use any of his timeouts during the final minutes of Saturday’s 21-10 loss to No. 25 Pittsburgh.

The move puzzled fans and alumni, causing them to wonder if the Orange threw in the towel a little too early.

During his weekly news conference, Babers addressed why he chose not to stop the clock.

“I was going to use timeouts after the third down stop,” Babers said. “I had two choices. Either use them after every single play, which a lot of people believed I should’ve. Or to save timeouts on what we had to accomplish, which was a touchdown, a two-point conversion, an onside kick and then a long field goal.”

Babers said long field goals are not easy to come by, especially at Heinz Field — home of the Pittsburgh Steelers and often called one of the most difficult stadiums to kick in the NFL.

“The ball’s gotta be somewhere on the 30-yard line on that side to get a really good shot at a field goal where the wind swirls," Babers said. "A lot of people don’t know that but when you’ve been a coach at Pitt, and you’ve watched those Pittsburgh Steelers games, you know where all the action is and you know where you want that ball to be kicked at.”

SU trailed by 11 points with a little over four minutes remaining with a chance to kick a long field goal but chose not to due to the wind. After failing to convert on fourth down, the Orange relied on their defense to get a stop.

You could call into the radio show on Thursday night and ask him yourself.
Maybe you could fix it so I could call into him after the games are over so we don’t have to wait til Thursday?

AXE FTW...

On why he didn't use any timeouts vs Pitt on last drive: "I was going to use them if we got a third down stop." They were down 11 with 4 mins left, Panthers ran out the clock. Needed a stop, score, onside kick and another score. Babers wanted the TOs for the offense.

Asked about the end of the game against Pitt, Coach Babers runs through what SU needed to do to win the game. Wanted to hold one timeout for after a third down stop. Wanted to save two TOs for the offense. Also as he mentioned Saturday, didn't like Andre Szmyt kicking into the wind at Heinz Field, which why the team went for it on 4th and 6.

Don't love this. You have ways of stopping the clock when you're on offense. But I guess knowing you're getting sacked one out of every 4 downs probably changes the conventional thinking.

This won't be popular but actually he doesn't owe the fans an answer specifically. He has to answer to JW and he should be communicating why to his staff and team. He doesn't owe an answer to fans that get hot and bothered by every decision he does or doesn't make. If you don't like him or what he did that's kind of on you. As always fans have short memories and he will either win and the fans will forgive or he won't and will get fired. You either trust the guy and his approach to the game and team or you don't. JW seems to trust the guy because Dino has not been fired since the game ended for what you'll think was quiting. Executives don't keep "quitters ".
You’re right, not a good take. To tell a fan base that lives and dies with you ( I don’t know if that’s you but it’s me) why you decided not to exercise every option to win a game should have you questioned as the future leader of the program. Anyway, he did answer the question today and, while I disagree with his approach, I’m glad he addressed it.

AXE FTW...

that’s the same answer he gave Matt park after the game

We could keep throwing incomplete passes.

Good point. At that point, we were playing the QB who actually throws the ball.

I just wish he called those timeouts on D, tried to extend the game, and hoped to hit another low % shot downfield. I mean, yeah, the win % was probably 1%, but if you just let Pitt run out the clock, it's 0%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom