SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK BABERS THE QUESTION | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK BABERS THE QUESTION

Again. The game was out of hand. The offense was non functional. It wasn't going to suddenly function in the last 4 minutes to get a touchdown, 2 pt conversion, onside kick, and field goal. It. Was. Not. Happening.

I wanted the game to be over myself. I can't believe this is something we are complaining about. There are WAY more serious things going on with the offense than how many timeouts were used at the end of a game
This is like saying Clemson has been a powerhouse all season, and we haven't been that great, so you know what, let's not even play the game because we're surely going to lose... Except we played the game and somehow won.

You play to win the game, no matter the circumstances up until that point.

This is like saying Clemson has been a powerhouse all season, and we haven't been that great, so you know what, let's not even play the game because we're surely going to lose... Except we played the game and somehow won.

You play to win the game, no matter the circumstances up until that point.
We agree to disagree

Let him do what he sees fit. You can dissect it it you want but if Wildhack just donated a bunch of money right now don't you feel like he fully supports coach (it wasn't even his hire). I am not excited about another season of struggle but I believe in Baber's and Wildhack. This class coming in is the class we hoped for after 10 and 2. We are a few years behind.

Babers is our guy. Be patient and look at what's happening

It's happening slowly

I'm blown away at the number of football fans who want an explanation on decisions a head coach makes.

Every team's Head Coach will Always make decisions based on their coaching philosophy. COACH BABERS MADE AN EXCELLENT DECISION; and anyone who thinks or disagrees to the contrary doesn't know JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL on the level they think they do!!

A fan (or person willed with excessive and single-minded zeal) ONLY sees a game. A head coach and the knowledgeable comprehend the tendencies, numbers, down and distance variables, player skill set quantification etc. that go into what the IGNORANT FAN sees as a simple game time decision.

SHUT THE HELL UP & LET THIS MAN CONTINUE TO BUILD SYRACUSE TO BE CONSISTANTLY 10-3 THE RIGHT WAY!!
Well said

Syracuse coach Dino Babers elected not to use any of his timeouts during the final minutes of Saturday’s 21-10 loss to No. 25 Pittsburgh...

During his weekly news conference, Babers addressed why he chose not to stop the clock.

“I was going to use timeouts after the third down stop,” Babers said. “I had two choices. Either use them after every single play, which a lot of people believed I should’ve. Or to save timeouts on what we had to accomplish, which was a touchdown, a two-point conversion, an onside kick and then a long field goal.”

Stop right there. If Babers isn't sure whether it's better to use timeouts to stop the clock when the opponent controls it and is trying to run it out, or to use it when his team is trying to hurry up... perhaps he needs to go back to head coaching school. That topic has been discussed ad nauseum with tons of statistical analysis proving that you always are better off using timeouts on defense. Always.

I'm blown away at the number of football fans who want an explanation on decisions a head coach makes.

Every team's Head Coach will Always make decisions based on their coaching philosophy. COACH BABERS MADE AN EXCELLENT DECISION; and anyone who thinks or disagrees to the contrary doesn't know JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL on the level they think they do!!

A fan (or person willed with excessive and single-minded zeal) ONLY sees a game. A head coach and the knowledgeable comprehend the tendencies, numbers, down and distance variables, player skill set quantification etc. that go into what the IGNORANT FAN sees as a simple game time decision.

SHUT THE HELL UP & LET THIS MAN CONTINUE TO BUILD SYRACUSE TO BE CONSISTANTLY 10-3 THE RIGHT WAY!!
It is a Syracuse fan board, so agree or disagree, it's definitely a fair topic to discuss. Consistently 10-3? I'll settle for consistently making a bowl game.

Stop right there. If Babers isn't sure whether it's better to use timeouts to stop the clock when the opponent controls it and is trying to run it out, or to use it when his team is trying to hurry up... perhaps he needs to go back to head coaching school. That topic has been discussed ad nauseum with tons of statistical analysis proving that you always are better off using timeouts on defense. Always.
I know that from my NCAA football game. When I'm trying to get that last touchdown to get me over the century mark, I never burn them on offense.

I know that from my NCAA football game. When I'm trying to get that last touchdown to get me over the century mark, I never burn them on offense.
Pssshhh, 3rd quarter milestone.

the point is it was a 2 score game. have you ever seen a HC not do everything they could to extend the game? I’m sure it wouldn’t have made a difference, but the signal it sends after what we witnessed the first 2 games is certainly not what I wanted to see

Good point and we are forgetting that pitt beat us with their C game. Penalties, missed fgs, and sloppy play all around kept us in the game even with our good D play.

I just want to ask, what in the world makes any of us think that Dino calling those timeouts would have made any difference in the game? What did you see during that game, up until that moment, that led you to believe that we would have moved the ball, not once, but twice, during the last 4 minutes and grab 2 scores? What game was being watched? We struggled to move the ball 7 yards on any given drive all game long. And it only got worse at the end

This was not giving up ...regardless of what the announcer led anyone to believe. This was Dino using his God-given eyes and common sense. There was no ill in his decision whatsoever. He was watching the same game we all were
I've seen the Lions snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory with less time than that enough times to know that you don't give up even when it seems the game is over. We all get it, we were awful all day and probably weren't going to win. When you let the other team run out the last 4 min all of a sudden probably becomes definitely and you should never let that happen on purpose as the leader of the team.

Why was it an excellent decision? You claim to know why. If the rest of us are so ignorant, go ahead and tell us why.

When you have a high-profile coaching job and enjoy the salary and fame the accompany it, it means that your decisions are going to be scrutinized.

Questioning Dino's decision to not use his timeouts at the end of the Pitt game is entirely within the bounds of reasonable sports fan discourse.

On Saturday against Georgia Tech, if Dino makes a decision that you don't agree with, this is the place to talk about it. It's why we have message boards. It's not that serious -- it's just entertainment.

Last edited:
When you have a high-profile coaching job and enjoy the salary and fame the accompany it, it means that your decisions are going to be scrutinized.

Questioning Dino's decision to not use his timeouts at the end of the Pitt game is entirely within the bounds of reasonable sports fan discourse.

On Saturday against Georgia Tech, if Dino makes a decision that you don't agree with, this is the place to talk about it. It's why we have message boards. It's not that serious -- it's just entertainment.
AMEN!

Why was it an excellent decision? You claim to know why. If the rest of us are so ignorant, go ahead and tell us why.
Dino Already told you why during his press conference.

Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, and Bush (who won a national championship as a player & played in the Super Bowl) all said they would have done the same thing when I bounced what happened off of them, but In the big scheme of things a win is a win and a loss is a loss. I could care less what ANY coach decides because " I know the Two unwritten rules."

My total focus is on the 2022 recruiting class.

Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, and Bush (who won a national championship as a player & played in the Super Bowl) all said they would have done the same thing when I bounced what happened off of them, but In the big scheme of things a win is a win and a loss is a loss. I could care less what ANY coach decides because " I know the Two unwritten rules."

You took the time to yell at everyone here so you aren't totally focused on that.

Dino's story was idiotic because you save more time calling timeouts on defense when you have no control over regular stoppages or pace. Dino is not an idiot but he had to tell an idiotic story because he didn't want to say the real reason (he wanted it over asap)

You took the time to yell at everyone here so you aren't totally focused on that.

Dino's story was idiotic because you save more time calling timeouts on defense when you have no control over regular stoppages or pace. Dino is not an idiot but he had to tell an idiotic story because he didn't want to say the real reason (he wanted it over asap)
I wish he would have said he was going to use one on 3rd down, if they got the stop and save the others for the next defensive possession, if we scored. That would have made more sense. Oh well.

Ola!

How's McKinley?

2022 is my total focus everything else is already taken care of.

On the way back from watching Plantation American Heritage beat Clearwater.

***Trust me all my Concerns for 2020 & 2021 R All AOK & committed.

My other godson & nephew are #1in the nation at their positions (OLB & ATH) & have been committed for 2021.

There is a LB @ Ft. Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas & LB & a 6'2 CB at Ft. Lauderdale Dillard High...I'm just sharing. In case anyone who recruits is interested.

Oh yea Demarcus Bowman (June's jit) is a better RB than travis @ Clemson. I know him & Tyler (the NG).

U haven't seen recruiting until 2022.

He's fine. I'M ON the way back from watching Plantation American Heritage and my nephew, my God Sons, & Orande Gadson beat Clearwater 24-0. Mr. Laurie ( the founder and owner of the school) & I exchanged pleasantries and of course he asked me to come back anytime I wanted.
Steven's been keeping track of the team. Watched the Gtech game Saturday and was so getting into it =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom