Someone please swear on their life that Frank Howard will challenge Joseph for minutes | Syracusefan.com

Someone please swear on their life that Frank Howard will challenge Joseph for minutes

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
I need to know Cuse will have a second legitimate PG on the roster next year.

Simply can't take another year of SU not having 2 point guards.

Please someone swear that Howard can challenge Joseph - if not steal the starting spot.

Gotta believe Joseph will be a whole lot better as a sophomore than as a freshman. But still, it would be good for Howard to come in earning playing time.

Joseph is the reason we didn't lose by 30 today. He's improving weekly and is going to be a darn good starting point guard at this time next year.

He and Christmas are the only two people on the team who haven't earned criticism today.

The freshman to sophomore jump is usually the most drastic. Don't write him off yet. He's not playing great right now but he's not getting a lot of help either.

Just like with Gbinije last year, we're seeing flashes of how good Joseph can be this year (e.g. against Villanova). He's taking on a ton of criticism this season as a freshman, but he'll be much improved next year. He's still clearly trying to figure out his role and when to shoot versus pass. He's been chastized for shooting too much and chastized for not shooting enough. He'll get there, and I think a lot of people will be surprised a year from now.

The PG that develops into a consistent outside threat will ultimately be the one that plays the most.

Joseph needs to play aggressively. Thats it. Although his defense isnt good yet.

not going to overanalyze this one.

Clemson shot the ball over their heads today only 7 assists for us we average around 16, outrebounded by 10, cooney 0-7 gbinije was 2-9 finished 4-12, we shot 35% from the field and didn't create to many turnovers when clemson was shooting well. We had a chance cut the game down to 12-13 once or twice, 20 point deficit at half, liked the press and hustle at the end though.

I don't mind one offnight like this for g and cooney but 1 out of 5-6 games only.
Relax on the shot, we should never have a hitch thats why there is warmups. I got the feeling G could pullup from 15 feet 4-7 times a game early in the season hes only atempting one or two.

we're going to have so many options next year its crazy. I think Howard and Lydon get redshirted

Franklin Howard is a 2 guard, learning the pg position. He will struggle next year.

One of the things to remember with Kaleb is that next year, the leash will probably be a lot longer, so he'll be allowed to play through a few more mistakes. I expect a jump, or maybe hope for one, because while Frank Howard will eventually be a player, I don't think he's going to be quite ready to play point at this level next season for extended minutes.

Flashback to last year. I'm paraphrasing, "I can't wait for Joseph to get here. He'll push the tempo so much more than Ennis. He'll be really good for our offense."

We have no clue how any freshman will be until he gets here. Nobody knows for sure if Howard will be an upgrade or how much he'll see the floor. If he doesn't earn JB's trust, especially on defense, he'll probably ride the bench, if only because Joseph will have a year in the system.

Why do people have the notion that any of these recruits will ever redshirt? No one in next year's class is going to redshirt. I wouldn't expect Howard or Tyler to play much. Look for Richardson and Bryant? to be the only two who play. G will again back up KJ because it's the only chance for Richardson to play. Cooney will not come out of the game once the ACC season starts. Are people watching? After 40 years JB is not going to change. Howard can handle, but he won't be a shooter, so what's the point. Tyler will have 4 players playing ahead of him. BJ is not ever going to play here. With Moyer coming in in two years, puts him even farther behind. For that matter, Buss will see little if any playing time next year. They are both great kids, but the writing is on the wall.

I need to know Cuse will have a second legitimate PG on the roster next year.

Simply can't take another year of SU not having 2 point guards.

Please someone swear that Howard can challenge Joseph - if not steal the starting spot.

Kjo will start and be fine next year.

Frank is going to be legit for us.

They said he's 2nd in the ACC in assists...as a true freshman. He must be doing something right...

And barely getting any minutes in 1/2 the games...